The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?
A girl 131 59.01%
A boy 91 40.99%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 AM

Re:

I agree - it wouldn't do for the future King to be known as 'He-who-must-not-be-named'.

I still like Valdemar though -

Old 10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Commoner

Okay BeatrixFan: HRH, the newborn prince hasn't a first name yet. Or better he has a name, if CP Frederik and CP Mary have already chosen a first name, but the public may not know about it. So one could also say: HRH, "He-who-must-not-be-named"

But I think this all will end at the christening.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:47 PM

Re:

On the English Drama 'Upstairs Downstairs' - they called the Baby 'Lucy' but the very old nanny refused to call her 'Lucy' until she was baptised - so she called her 'Baby'. It sounded very funny when she kept saying, 'Baby wants her food' and 'Baby won't stop crying'.

Maybe they are all calling him 'Baby'.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
On the English Drama 'Upstairs Downstairs' - they called the Baby 'Lucy' but the very old nanny refused to call her 'Lucy' until she was baptised - so she called her 'Baby'. It sounded very funny when she kept saying, 'Baby wants her food' and 'Baby won't stop crying'.

Maybe they are all calling him 'Baby'.
One of my cousin is jewish and before her girls were presented into the community, there were known and called by everyone (and their parents) as "baby girl".
Old 10-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Even when he gets named, he's probably going to be known as Lilleprinsen for a while in the media - and if they catches any nicknames that Frederik and Mary or the rest of the family uses, they're going to latch onto those.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Even when he gets named, he's probably going to be known as Lilleprinsen for a while in the media - and if they catches any nicknames that Frederik and Mary or the rest of the family uses, they're going to latch onto those.
Lilleprinsen is so cute!!! I like 'den lille nye prinsen' too. Reminds me of 'Le Petit Prince'
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Gentry

I'd like for it to be something other than "Christian". They probably already have names for their son; they just won't be announced until the christening on January 21st.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:46 PM

CP Victoria would be a good choice - the Queen of Sweden as the King of Denmark's godmother - good links.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:20 AM
Commoner

My short-list:
Prince Haakon
Princess Victoria
Boroness Helle
Jeppe Handwerk

If they extend it to lots of god-parents I would add:
Chris Meehan
Michaela Ward

If they have any more Australian godparents it would be (in order of likeliness)
Hamish Campbell
Amber Petty
Andrew Miles

I don't see any immediate family member being made godparent.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:21 AM
Courtier

What about me Hotdog

"MII" xx
Old 11-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Commoner

You can't be godmother that would undermine the essential unique role as the only grandma the kid still has.

Oh well with plenty of time to the christening I'm sure there won't be any hasty decisions made on godparents or names. I guess since the pethadine has well and truelly worn off they can't name it after me either hotdog aka Ziggy/Gazabel their mutt.

Hotdog
Old 11-15-2005, 05:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdog
You can't be godmother that would undermine the essential unique role as the only grandma the kid still has.

Oh well with plenty of time to the christening I'm sure there won't be any hasty decisions made on godparents or names. I guess since the pethadine has well and truelly worn off they can't name it after me either hotdog aka Ziggy/Gazabel their mutt.

Hotdog
.lol.lol. true, true

I totally agree with your statement!

"MII"
Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know is the godparents of the little prince but the baptism is going to be on january 21.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think probably Mary's brother will be chosen.

i wouldnt be at all surprised if Amber Petty is a godmother though i really hope not. its not a job for a bar brawling shameless self promoter. (let me tell you what I really think of her )
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 AM
Courtier

Hola, the spanish magazine says that it is possible that Felipe of Spain, will be the godfather, but they dont have yet a confirmation from the royal house. www.hola.com
Old 11-16-2005, 04:33 AM
Courtier

CP Haakon
Prince Joachim
Amber Petty
John Donaldson
Queen Margrethe
Old 11-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Aristocracy

can i ask something why do they make a grandparent a godparent, it should be a sibling or cousins or other royal members like future Kings and Queens or just princes and Princesses.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Aristocracy

I guess :

CP Haakon
Prince Joachim
CP Victoria
Mary's elder sister - Jane
Princess Alexandra Of Berleburg
Someone from the Greek Royal Family
Old 11-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Knud - Carl Christian Nicholas Paul Oscar
Old 11-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

LOVE Knud!
So how about: Knud Christian Soren Hans Joachim Australius.

Closed Thread