The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?
A girl 131 59.01%
A boy 91 40.99%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Gentry

The sex of baby was decided at conception...so whether we want Mary to have a girl or a boy, we'll just have to wait and see!

Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anijonet
I meant what I said!
His family is always, taking the blame, doing his job, doing everthing for him.
It's about time he grows up, and says thanks!
And wher do you know that from ???

As fare as i can se you are currently staying at the Dominican Republic so do you really know wher Denmark is in the world ?
Queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik,Prince Joachim, Princesse Alexandra and CP Mary has NEVER done CP Frederiks work.
The next time you are comming with an accusation you migth think it insted of saying it.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
And wher do you know that from ???

As fare as i can se you are currently staying at the Dominican Republic so do you really know wher Denmark is in the world ?
Queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik,Prince Joachim, Princesse Alexandra and CP Mary has NEVER done CP Frederiks work.
The next time you are comming with an accusation you migth think it insted of saying it.
I' am born i Denmark!
And do to my family have I always known Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie and their familys, and I am very impress with a lot of them. And yes Frederiks family have done his work from time to time, but the danish press will never tell you that.
So I am not the one who's coming with accusations!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anijonet
I' am born i Denmark!
And do to my family have I always known Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie and their familys, and I am very impress with a lot of them. And yes Frederiks family have done his work from time to time, but the danish press will never tell you that.
So I am not the one who's coming with accusations!
I am also born her in Denmark.
I think that CP Frederik is doing alot of work her in Denmark.
If you take a look at the calender at www.kongehuset.dk and at http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/2000f/...Month/10/Day/4.
I know that CP Frederik is not going to do alot in this month but ther is that reason that CP Mary can go into labour at any time now and CP Frederik has tolde the press and us her in Denmark that he will take a leave of absence to spend alot of time with his wife and his first child like an ordinary man can and will do her in Denmark.
I also know the family of Queen Margrethe and her sisters because one of my realatives has been cloes to them for many years.
I woud like to know what kinde of work Frederiks family has done for him,so i hope you can tell me that.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

maybe Juan Carlos I Of Spain
and his Daughters and his wife , King Constintine II Is a good bet i think
Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Majesty

most votes for a girl
Old 10-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Majesty

i hope we will know the name soon but i think we have to wait untill the christning if its a girl
Old 10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Crown Prince Frederik
His godparents were Queen Anne-Marie of Greece née Princess of Denmark, Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium, Prince George of Denmark, Etienne de Laborde de Monpézat, Birgitta Juel Hillingsø, and Baron de Watteville-Berckheim.

Nikolai
his paternal uncle Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, his maternal aunt Nicola Baird, Camilla Flint, Peter Steentrup and Earl Edward of Wessex.

Felix:

The godparents were Martina Bent (sister of Princess Alexandra), Count Christian Ahlefeldt-Laurvig (friend), Annick Boel (lady-in-waiting of Princess Alexandra), Oscar Davidsen Siesbye (friend of Prince Joachim and Damian Sibley.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I agree with grecka. I vote boy.

HAAAH!!! I was right!!! 2 for 2!! I guessed boy for Princess Mathilde, too!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Commoner

now it is clear, it is a boy.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

A boy - then I guess Christian is definitely going to be one of the names. I don't see them breaking up a long tradition like that. It's a nice name - and, quite fortunate with English-speaking relatives, the name works just as well in English as it does in Danish.

But what about the other names?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The author of the recent book about Margrethe guessed that the boy would be named the names Christian Frederik John & Henrik. She made no guess to what the order of the names would be...

Do you agree?
Old 10-15-2005, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Well we have no idea yet - but my thoughts on how I would like to see the group of godparents turn out goes something like this:

- Prince Joachim
- Crown Prince Haakon
- Crown Princess Victoria
- Someone from the Greek Royal Family, perhaps Queen Anne-Marie or the Crown Princely Couple, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal
- One of Mary's sisters or a member of her close family
- A close friend of Crown Prince Fredrik
Old 10-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Courtier

My guess for the baby princes names is : Christian, John, Henrik the last one i don´t know maby a name from greenland or australia.
We just have to waite and se to his christining.
By the way welcom to the world littel prince of Denmark.
Forresten velkommen til verden lille prins af Danmark :) :) :) :)

Old 10-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Courtier

I'm going to guess the what most people are Chrisitan John Henerik and either Frederick or a Greenland name.

Also possibilities would be Andre or one of Mary's grandfathers.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

im not sure if Fred or Mary would chose that name Christian or other names we have wait and see after birth about 6 weeks if Mary wanted names after her family or Fred wanted names after his family we have wait and see what happened to annoucement till before christening day.

Sara Boyce
Old 10-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
im not sure if Fred or Mary would chose that name Christian or other names we have wait and see after birth about 6 weeks if Mary wanted names after her family or Fred wanted names after his family we have wait and see what happened to annoucement till before christening day.

Sara Boyce
Well Sara it is and has always been a tradision in the Danish royal family that the boyes either had the names Frederik or Christian and since the next king her in Denmark are going to be HM King Frederik 10. his son are going to be namede the name Christian.
You are rigth in that we are going to waite and se what the other names will be but Christian is for shure the littel princes firstname.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Christian (for Christian X)
Frederik (for his father and Frederik IX)
Johannes (Danish version of his Australian grandfather's name and the last King of Denmark not named Christian or Frederik)
Henrik (for Prins Henrik)
Old 10-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I picked:

Prince William
John Donaldson
Prince Joachim
Crown Princess Victoria
Amber Petty

I don't know how many Godparents they (Danish Royals) normally have so I just guessed 5. Prince William & Crown Princess Victoria almost always seem to be Godparents to the first born heir....I guess maybe its because they are heirs themselves.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Christian (for Christian X)
Frederik (for his father and Frederik IX)
Johannes (Danish version of his Australian grandfather's name and the last King of Denmark not named Christian or Frederik)
Henrik (for Prins Henrik)
His name was not Johannes but Hans.
I think it would be funny if the boy have a name from Greenland or Faroe islands too as one of his names.
He will be King Christian XI (if they follow tradition) and his father would be Frederik X