Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I agree - it wouldn't do for the future King to be known as 'He-who-must-not-be-named'.

I still like Valdemar though - ;)

Okay BeatrixFan: HRH, the newborn prince hasn't a first name yet. Or better he has a name, if CP Frederik and CP Mary have already chosen a first name, but the public may not know about it. So one could also say: HRH, "He-who-must-not-be-named" ;)

But I think this all will end at the christening.

Re:

On the English Drama 'Upstairs Downstairs' - they called the Baby 'Lucy' but the very old nanny refused to call her 'Lucy' until she was baptised - so she called her 'Baby'. It sounded very funny when she kept saying, 'Baby wants her food' and 'Baby won't stop crying'.

Maybe they are all calling him 'Baby'.

BeatrixFan said:
On the English Drama 'Upstairs Downstairs' - they called the Baby 'Lucy' but the very old nanny refused to call her 'Lucy' until she was baptised - so she called her 'Baby'. It sounded very funny when she kept saying, 'Baby wants her food' and 'Baby won't stop crying'.

Maybe they are all calling him 'Baby'.

One of my cousin is jewish and before her girls were presented into the community, there were known and called by everyone (and their parents) as "baby girl".

Even when he gets named, he's probably going to be known as Lilleprinsen for a while in the media - and if they catches any nicknames that Frederik and Mary or the rest of the family uses, they're going to latch onto those.

norwegianne said:
Even when he gets named, he's probably going to be known as Lilleprinsen for a while in the media - and if they catches any nicknames that Frederik and Mary or the rest of the family uses, they're going to latch onto those.

Lilleprinsen is so cute!!! I like 'den lille nye prinsen' too. Reminds me of 'Le Petit Prince' :D

I'd like for it to be something other than "Christian". They probably already have names for their son; they just won't be announced until the christening on January 21st.

CP Victoria would be a good choice - the Queen of Sweden as the King of Denmark's godmother - good links.

My short-list:
Prince Haakon
Princess Victoria
Boroness Helle
Jeppe Handwerk

If they extend it to lots of god-parents I would add:
Chris Meehan
Michaela Ward

If they have any more Australian godparents it would be (in order of likeliness)
Hamish Campbell
Amber Petty
Andrew Miles

I don't see any immediate family member being made godparent.

You can't be godmother that would undermine the essential unique role as the only grandma the kid still has.

Oh well with plenty of time to the christening I'm sure there won't be any hasty decisions made on godparents or names. I guess since the pethadine has well and truelly worn off they can't name it after me either hotdog aka Ziggy/Gazabel their mutt.

Hotdog

Hotdog said:
You can't be godmother that would undermine the essential unique role as the only grandma the kid still has.

Oh well with plenty of time to the christening I'm sure there won't be any hasty decisions made on godparents or names. I guess since the pethadine has well and truelly worn off they can't name it after me either hotdog aka Ziggy/Gazabel their mutt.

Hotdog

.lol.lol. true, true

I totally agree with your statement!

"MII"

Last edited:
I don't know is the godparents of the little prince but the baptism is going to be on january 21.:D

I think probably Mary's brother will be chosen.

i wouldnt be at all surprised if Amber Petty is a godmother though i really hope not. its not a job for a bar brawling shameless self promoter. (let me tell you what I really think of her;) )

Hola, the spanish magazine says that it is possible that Felipe of Spain, will be the godfather, but they dont have yet a confirmation from the royal house. www.hola.com

CP Haakon
Prince Joachim
Amber Petty
John Donaldson
Queen Margrethe

can i ask something why do they make a grandparent a godparent, it should be a sibling or cousins or other royal members like future Kings and Queens or just princes and Princesses.

LOVE Knud!
So how about: Knud Christian Soren Hans Joachim Australius. ;)

I know it goes against tradition but I hope the little prince gets (or already has) his own name, not Christian.

How do you pronounce Knud?

I said earlier - Christian Frederik Henrik John.

Knud is pronnoused K as in king NU as in nude and D as very soft d as you will pronnounse the.
I dont think Knud is a good name. It is so oldfashioned and in my head not a pretty name
I still vote for Christoffer then he will be king Christoffer 4.

Yes I like Erik too. It sounds bery Danish and modern. Maybe it will be a middle name.

Erik Alexander Alois Joseph Johann Benedict Gustav Adolf

Royal Fan said:
Erik Alexander Alois Joseph Johann Benedict Gustav Adolf

I think even princes only get four names! And it sounds a bit too German for the Danes taste. Maybe - Erik Gustav Frederik John.
You must incorporate his father and maternal grandfather's names somewhere!

well; I like the name Christian very much.
I could imagine that they'll chose that name, especially because it's tradition in denmark to call the future kings Christian or Frederik.
And I cannot belive that the little prince will get the same name as his father.
:)

Christian Augustus Frederik Henrik Johan (Danish for John)

I think they will keep with Christian as the first name. I also think they will also use shorter more internationalised Danish names as first names for future children.

eg Erik, Johan (John), Henrik, Hans

I think the new Prince will be:
Christian Frederik Henrik Johan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom