The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?
A girl 131 59.01%
A boy 91 40.99%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

i vote Prince William

Sara Boyce

Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Nobility

I really couldn't guess! If I remember correctly, Princess Ingrid Alexandra had almost every Crown Prince/ss in Europe among her godparents, although they did not all attend. I can imagine Frederik and Mary's firstborn having a variety of Crown Princess/ss too, but how do they choose from so many?

I'm guessing Prince Joachim as a definite godfather, and I'm guessing Prince Felipe of Spain, Princess Victoria of Sweden, and Prince Haakon of Norway as possibilities. I can imagine them choosing friends too, such as Amber Petty.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Prince Felipe of Spain Prince Joachim Crown Prince Haakon Marys Brothers and sisters Crown Princess Victoria Prince Henrik and Prince Nicholas of Greece the Prince of Wales and Prince William and Prince Harry for whom the Earl of Wessex will stand proxy i also suspect Prince Philip to be on the list due to his Danish Family connections and the Prince and Princess of Orange
Old 09-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

I voted for CP Haakon, John Donaldson and Prince Joachim. I really don't think William or Charles to be godparents, They dosn't seem to be freinds at all.. Maybe they are freinds... but at least not close one. So I go for Haakon, John, Joachim... and maybe Victoria
Old 09-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=LaMinka]I voted for CP Haakon, John Donaldson and Prince Joachim. I really don't think William or Charles to be godparents, They dosn't seem to be freinds at all.. Maybe they are freinds... but at least not close one. So I go for Haakon, John, Joachim... and maybe Victoria[/QUOTE

Joachim, Gustav Berleburg, Haakon, Victoria, Alexia, One of Mary's Sisters
Old 09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Voted for Prince Joachim..I think having a relative as a godparent makes sense..
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

How many godparents are usually chosen in the Danish royal family?

In the Spanish royal family (Catholicism) it is only two. The Greeks seem to choose an upwards of six godparents. The Norwegian and Dutch royals seem to choose around six.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
How many godparents are usually chosen in the Danish royal family?

In the Spanish royal family (Catholicism) it is only two. The Greeks seem to choose an upwards of six godparents. The Norwegian and Dutch royals seem to choose around six.
Frederik had six godparents, but I don't know if it varies for each christening.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Royal Highness

Do royal godparents have a siginificant role? I know the technical terms but if your godmother is the queen of Denmark or something, doesn't it make that a tad bit more difficult to do intimate things like get togethers and stuff?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Royal Highness

My choices amongt the candidates present are Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Joachim, Queen Margarethe, John Donaldson, and one of Mary's siblings.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

hmmmm How about Albert II Of Belgium or The Duke and Duchess of Brabant or Prince Laurent or even the Duke of York
Old 09-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Courtier

I read somewhere that while shopping for herself she was also looking at baby boy clothes. So I think she'll have a boy.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Most Danish Magazines have been placing their bets on a boy. I want it to be a boy but by the way Mary has been acting it looks like it is going to be a girl. I always think that if when your pregnant and you always want to show yourself and keep working and be glamourous it will be a girl. But, I guess being a Royal you dont have a choice. I hope its a boy. Saves a lot of trouble.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

I think it will be a girl. :)
Old 09-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Most Danish Magazines have been placing their bets on a boy. I want it to be a boy but by the way Mary has been acting it looks like it is going to be a girl. I always think that if when your pregnant and you always want to show yourself and keep working and be glamourous it will be a girl. But, I guess being a Royal you dont have a choice. I hope its a boy. Saves a lot of trouble.
at her hometown in Australia says Mary would have baby girls than boys because her mother in law dont have brother but HM Queen Marthages have sisters if Mary would find out its would be girls or boy we have wait and see at births who have correct for girls or who correct for boys

Sara Boyce
Old 09-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

CP Haakon will be most likely be one of them.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Serene Highness

I quite agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony
CP Haakon will be most likely be one of them.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I think: Crownprince Haakon, Prince Felipe of Asturias, Crownprincess Victoria and Princess Maxima, Prince Joachim and a close friend of Mary
Old 09-30-2005, 04:42 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Margrethe, Prince Charles, Prince Joachim, Prince William and Mary's sister
and may be Prince Haakon
Old 09-30-2005, 04:47 AM
Majesty

do you think the neames will be kept as a secret untill the christning?

Closed Thread