The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

It has been denied by the spokeswoman of the court that the nude pictures had anything to do with their abscense.

Se&Hoer got a bad press because they published the nude pictures (and thereby showed how irresponsible they are), now they have to write negative things about Mary, of course. It's a two way street indeed.
And I would really like to know what Se&Hoer or Ekstrabladet have given to the royals in the last years (apart from usually negative, made up stories).

Old 09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This is a problem with princes marrying middle-class brides that I daresay no one anticipated. The wealthy brides have families and friends of families with vast estates so its easier for them to see their families in relative seclusion but a middle class family is not going to live in that type of privacy.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Courtier

I think it shows exactly what a distasteful magaziine it must be, it also doesn't say much for the editor. I don't think there is any need what so ever to print nude pictures of a child, no matter where they were taken.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Mary should think more before she acts!!! Insted of putting Christian naked she should think about this before. Christian is going to be the future King of Denmark so he is not alloud to do some normal things kids do and if he is privilege in beeing the future king of Denmark Mary must consider that this status comes with a lot of responsabilty and a lot of strict behaviour and since Christian is a todller his parents have all the fault about everything that concerns Christian. So beeing naked in the public eye is something that his parents should have done Some things are good other are bad and they must know how to handle the bad side of beeing Royal and Mary seams not to care about that - having also in mind that fus about Isabella's fur jacket.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
It is a quote from editor Henrik Qvortrup from SE & HØR from a story in Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet.
Thank for providing the source. IMO the reliability of the editor, SE & Hør and Ekstra Bladet is - to say it mildly - questionable.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Earlier in the summer there was trouble over some nude pictures of Christian taken on a beach in Northern Jutland. Mary issued a threat to stay away fronm the annual photo call a few days later on Gråsten castle if the pictures were published. Well, the pictures were published and CP Mary and family did not show up for the photo call. The media is the tool the royals use to communicate with their subjects and CP Mary has,IMO, a long way to go before she understands that relationship. Her father-in-law, Prince Henrik, is a master in dealing with the media. maybe CP Mary should take lessons from him?
I have to agree with CP Mary, ít´s not very ethic to publish photos of a nude boy even if he is just playing in the beach and even if he is the son of the CP.

I think, and is just my opinion, that is it also a problem with the security staff of the CP. IMO the bodyguards have to avoid the "contact" between the CP and the Paparazzies.
And of course a issue between the Royal House and the Media.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Thank for providing the source. IMO the reliability of the editor, SE & Hør and Ekstra Bladet is - to say it mildly - questionable.
You are welcome. In my opinion, you can't trust everything Amalienborg puts out, either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO they should have issued a court order to ban Christian's pictures instead of showing their annoyance that way. In times like these I find it irresponsible from a magazine to print nude pictures of a child, even if they were taken at the beach.
To the best of my knowledge, you can not issue a court order. The pictures were taken on a public beach. This whole farce should have been stopped before it started. The palace should have agreed to some rules with the press before CP Frederik and Mary went away on holiday. EVERYBODY knows where they go in Skagen and Blokhus. It is so easy to find them, so why did the palace press secretary not gather the editors for a chat to lay out some ground rules? Buckingham Palace has done this with some succes on several occasions - especially when William and Harry were younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
It has been denied by the spokeswoman of the court that the nude pictures had anything to do with their abscense.

Se&Hoer got a bad press because they published the nude pictures (and thereby showed how irresponsible they are), now they have to write negative things about Mary, of course. It's a two way street indeed.
And I would really like to know what Se&Hoer or Ekstrabladet have given to the royals in the last years (apart from usually negative, made up stories).
Well, the palace press secretary would deny it, wouldn't she? They spin at Amalienborg too. The readers of SE & HØR and Ekstra Bladet are subjects too and if they choose to get the news about their royals from those two publications, it is their prerogative to do so.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, you can not issue a court order. The pictures were taken on a public beach. This whole farce should have been stopped before it started. The palace should have agreed to some rules with the press before CP Frederik and Mary went away on holiday. EVERYBODY knows where they go in Skagen and Blokhus. It is so easy to find them, so why did the palace press secretary not gather the editors for a chat to lay out some ground rules? Buckingham Palace has done this with some succes on several occasions - especially when William and Harry were younger.
I agree Villemann, I guess both parties were not up to the challenge. There is absolutely no need for printing pictures of Christian naked, on the one hand there should be a self-imposed code of conduct by the media (I can't believe they don't stick to something like this in times of child abuse etc) but on the other hand I agree with other posters, Mary or Fred should not have allowed to take off all clothes on a public beach, to be absolutely sure. Very unthoughtful of everybody involved! Why not talk to each other before such occasions?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM

What would have been a 'better photo' a family happy on a beach or a photo of a very upset child with the parents struggling to force him back into clothes?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieblack View Post
What would have been a 'better photo' a family happy on a beach or a photo of a very upset child with the parents struggling to force him back into clothes?
What a wonderfull spectacle the latter would have been and what headlines..........."The CP Couple abuse their child" or "Prince Christian abused by his parents - in public!!"..........read all about it in Se & Hør.

Off course Christian should be abel to be nude at a public beach just like every other child his age. Taking photos of him and publishing them only tells that the ethical standarts of the photographer and the magazine is lower then the lowest.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:44 PM

I know somebody has probably said it before but if people didn't buy the magazine they wouldn't do the photos........ unfortunatley we all like seeing a lovely family so we fuel the fire.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The press is notorious for breaking contracts/agreement with the royal house. I think Dutch Cply couple and Prive magazine are a perfect model in this.
Even so,Mary and company politely asked the magazine not to publish the nude photo of Christian. She didn't ask them them something outrageous. The fact that the magazine went ahead and published the photo anyway just highlights how unreasonable they are.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Gentry

Can some one explain to me why we haven't seen any pictures of the family in Sydney in the last few days. Mary is to open a research centre today and must have been in Sydney for some time....why hundreds of photos of family in various Hobart Parks and no in Melbourne/Sydney? Have the press lost interest? Are they holed up in some Hotel somewhere? How does it work?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
This is a problem with princes marrying middle-class brides that I daresay no one anticipated. The wealthy brides have families and friends of families with vast estates so its easier for them to see their families in relative seclusion but a middle class family is not going to live in that type of privacy.
Actually never thought about that, but you do have a point.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The press is notorious for breaking contracts/agreement with the royal house. I think Dutch Cply couple and Prive magazine are a perfect model in this.
Prive magazine's editors refused to sign the media code which is why they continued to publish paparazzi photos. WA and Maxima sued each time and won, after the last occasion the editors stated they would look at signing the media code for access to official photocalls. Since they had not signed the mediacode they were not invited to the official photocalls.

Press agreements work, look at the British press agreement not to report on Harry's deployment to Afghanistan, the news eventually was broken by press who had not signed agreements.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
yes, i wonder how all of them lived in such small house at her sisyer with body guards and nanny???mary's sister look to have a medium size house, i am sure not extra rooms!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree. It is not popular to say it out loud, BUT, IMO ,the monarchies are in many ways far better off if the royals marry royals. It is an issue I am dealing with in my next book. Anyway, we are discussing the press. I know these "gentleman's agreements" are sometimes broken, but I still think it is better to be proactive and try to lay down some ground rules. It will also give the royals firmer moral ground to stand on if the press then breaks these mutually agreed rules. The whole nude picture episode is so undignified.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree. It is not popular to say it out loud, BUT, IMO ,the monarchies are in many ways far better off if the royals marry royals. .
So what's next - I we going to have the absolute monarchy reinstated?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Nobility

As for the zoo incident. I happen to know some of what went on. As some of you might know, CP Mary has hired a PR named Nina Fudala to handle press during the so called "private family holiday."Ms Fudala told Aussie press that there would be an photo op at the zoo. When Billed Bladet's people realised they were being excluded, they rushed to the zoo and asked for the same oportunity to take a few shots as the Aussies had just had. This request was denied in Danish by CP Mary. Billed Bladet ten left the zoo without any further ado. The question is,IMO, why on earth CP Mary hires a person to handle press during her family holiday. According to the palace it is to coordinate the press for the CP's "official duties," as spokesperson Lene Balleby wrote in a mail to me. When did nappy-shopping become an "official duty?" This whole Nina Fudala spectacle has backfired. Now our crown princess is being used as a cheap postergirl for Huggies - because Ms Fudala staged a nappy-run photo op? Again, it is SO undignified.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

I totally agree with that point.
From now the palace should have a agreement with the Press.