The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Can you please provide a link to either an artickle or a video that confirms her calling that out?
Do an archival search of Australian newspapers for the official photo session in November 2006 and you will find that quote. It was commented on in several newspapers at the time.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Do an archival search of Australian newspapers for the official photo session in November 2006 and you will find that quote. It was commented on in several newspapers at the time.
Charlotte1 thanks for the information.

I know you were trying to be helpful but if I post a statement on TRF (as Aotearoagalon did) and another member asks me to provide a link to substantiate my statement - I provide that link.

I don't tell that member: "No - but I saw the footage at the time" - or to do the work her/himself .

Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzen View Post
I completely agree with you
I really can't see how that could be accomplished now. They are too well known and their EVERY breath is documented. It was different when just "dating" but now they are future King and Queen -- the media would not permit not knowing exactly where they were.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I really can't see how that could be accomplished now. They are too well known and their EVERY breath is documented. It was different when just "dating" but now they are future King and Queen -- the media would not permit not knowing exactly where they were.
I don't agree!!!!!!

They could build themselves a space-shuttle and spend their hollidayes in circulation around earth.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't agree!!!!!!

They could build themselves a space-shuttle and spend their hollidayes in circulation around earth.
My laugh for the day -- Thank you Lilla!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
he was at the time the future king too and i am sure at the time the press was after his affairs too, and he kept it well in secret so ... i think they could do it again1 look at maxima and wa the were in italy for summer holiday and nobody knew , no press, no nothing, like now , it is a while no news from maxima, so i thinbk they have the power to keep things secret!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Charlotte1 thanks for the information.

I know you were trying to be helpful but if I post a statement on TRF (as Aotearoagalon did) and another member asks me to provide a link to substantiate my statement - I provide that link.

I don't tell that member: "No - but I saw the footage at the time" - or to do the work her/himself .
Page 6 of the 2006 visit thread post 107 has the link I would link it myself but have forgotten how to do it sorry, please forgive those of us who are a little computer illiterate. I remember at the time most of the media to it in good fun (as I think it was intended) but of course it was blown out of proportion by a few.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Page 6 of the 2006 visit thread post 107 has the link I would link it myself but have forgotten how to do it sorry,
Thanks a lot kbear, that is what I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
I remember at the time most of the media to it in good fun (as I think it was intended) but of course it was blown out of proportion by a few.
I also remember it as being said in good fun. I just wanted some concrete information to check that my memory is right - and it is.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Nobility

No prob must play with the computer again and relearn the linking thing I figured it out one night when I was very tipsy but sober I cant seem to remember how to do it.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
And what, charter a small QANTAS jet (our domestic carriers are boeing fleets) for the purpose of a trip which would be around 2 hours from Sydney and an hour from Melbourne? That would be entirely inappropriate, not to mention an utter waste of money. Jet Star, Virgin Blue and Tiger Airline are the only domestic carriers (besides QANATAS) which fly to Tasmania, so I see no problem with requiring the extra room if it was needed and the accounts of passangers who have before travelled on the same plan as Mary, have thought nothing of it. Why? Because it's another non issue.

so you can only fly low cost to australia? i certainly didn't know that. doesn't virgin blue or qatas fly at a normal cost and include class distinction?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
so you can only fly low cost to australia? i certainly didn't know that. doesn't virgin blue or qatas fly at a normal cost and include class distinction?
As far as I know a you cant get a budget airline to Australia but to fly to Tasmania you have to land initally in Melbourne/Sydney and connect via an internal carrier which are budget airlines. At least I dont think International flights to Europe land in Hobart (pretty sure) Likewise to move around in Aus budget airlines for internal flights are the norm. Anyone with more certain info please feel free to contradict.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
You fliy at international prices to Australia which vary continent to continent and airline to airline

However, I need to add that although they are our domestic airlines, Virgin also fly to New Zealand (they are looking to fly to Asia aswell I believe) and Tiger fly to Asia. Again, they are a budget airline and even just a few weeks back, a family payed AUD$19 pp to fly to South East Asia with Tiger Airline (they often have limited deals that come about at various times of the year). These are what we call "no frills services". Seating is bearable but far from spacious (for this reason alone I can entirely understand the need for extra room) and everything you want on flight you pay for as it's not included. It's merely an A to B service, in comparison to QANTAS which charges like a wounded bull and that is why a great many Australian's, and tourists, choose to fly alternatively.

QANTAS has class distinction both domestically and internationally. And their prices are the most expensive by far. I flew to Perth at the start of the year with QANTAS for AUD$600, only because Virgin and Jet Star were entirely booked. Normally I fly Virgin.

Quote:
At least I dont think International flights to Europe land in Hobart
Correct, they do not. Hobart airport is not large enough to facilitate any international influx. All international visitors must fly domestically from the major centres if they desire to visit the Apple Isle. Either that or take the 'Spirit' ferry from Melbourne, which is an overnight "cruise" through Port Philip Bay (Melbourne) and across Bass Straight.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Frederik, Mary, and the Media: A Discussion of Sorts.

Welcome to the thread Frederik, Mary, and the Media: A Discussion of Sorts.

This is the topic where you can debate, analyze the relationship between the Crown Prince Couple with the media, whether it would be the Danish, Australian or other world press.

In order for this discourse to be successful we, the Danish Mods, believe that all members should try and be respectful when it comes to your fellow TRF's members opinions, which may be vastly different from yours. If you do not agree with another, please stop and think about your response prior to clicking the submit reply button. Understand?

Of course, TRF Rules and FAQ still apply.
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation/infringement to post translations of entire articles. The best thing to do: Translate the article using your own words and summarize it. Just because other sites translate the entire articles, word for word, then proceed it post it -- you shouldn't. It's against the law! Furthermore, you don't want to be sued, handed a cease and desist, and be the one responsible for shutting down TRF forever, right? So please, follow the copyright rules and all shall be golden. Even if your translations may not be perfect, at least you tried and tried to get the gist of it. That's what is important.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Enjoy and have fun!
Mandy, Empress, Dazzling, and GT
Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Nobility

I think there is a fine line (which the the royal couple is close to crossing) in which you work with the media and use the media to your advantage just to get your picture in the news. After looking at the pictures of Mary shopping for diapers, I got the feeling that they were very staged. Mind you, that is just my opinion and I don't want to be slaughtered for voicing it!

However, I think that the royal couple could use some counsel about the best ways to work with the media (pre-arranged photo shoots with the children, etc...) so that they can have privacy on vacation. However, one thing that is at a disadvantage for them is the media code, or lack therof, in Denmark. The Dutch media code and protection of the young princesses there seems to work. I hope for their sake and the children's that they are able to find a balance.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I think there is a fine line (which the the royal couple is close to crossing) in which you work with the media and use the media to your advantage just to get your picture in the news. After looking at the pictures of Mary shopping for diapers, I got the feeling that they were very staged. Mind you, that is just my opinion and I don't want to be slaughtered for voicing it!

However, I think that the royal couple could use some counsel about the best ways to work with the media (pre-arranged photo shoots with the children, etc...) so that they can have privacy on vacation. However, one thing that is at a disadvantage for them is the media code, or lack therof, in Denmark. The Dutch media code and protection of the young princesses there seems to work. I hope for their sake and the children's that they are able to find a balance.
I agree. A balance has to be found, but NOT by hiring one of Australia's most notorious spindoctors to coordinate media-attention during a so called "private family holiday." What does CP Mary need a PR-person for, when the visite is so private? The nappy-trip was completely staged. The media was tipped off by Nina Fudala, the expensive high-profile lady hired by the palace in Copenhagen for CP Mary's "official duties." When did a trip to the pharmacy for nappies become an "official duty?"
Earlier in the summer there was trouble over some nude pictures of Christian taken on a beach in Northern Jutland. Mary issued a threat to stay away fronm the annual photo call a few days later on Gråsten castle if the pictures were published. Well, the pictures were published and CP Mary and family did not show up for the photo call. The media is the tool the royals use to communicate with their subjects and CP Mary has,IMO, a long way to go before she understands that relationship. Her father-in-law, Prince Henrik, is a master in dealing with the media. maybe CP Mary should take lessons from him?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
Earlier in the summer there was trouble over some nude pictures of Christian taken on a beach in Northern Jutland. Mary issued a threat to stay away fronm the annual photo call a few days later on Gråsten castle if the pictures were published.
Can you please provide reliable sourses for the statement concerning the threat?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Other media sources I have read discussing the "threat" say that the request not to publish the pictures was made, but they did not mention that Mary threatened not to go to the photo call - they did comment on it, but IMO thats very different to saying that she made a followed through on the threat.

Not wanting pictures of her son, the future King, to be published naked is IMO a perfectly reasonable thing from her point of view - I wouldnt want it either. Pictures of him clothed are quite enough.

If the nappy trip was indeed staged then perhaps it could have been another attempt to provide pics of her (sans children) in a bid for privacy later in the holiday.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Can you please provide reliable sourses for the statement concerning the threat?
It is a quote from editor Henrik Qvortrup from SE & HØR from a story in Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Other media sources I have read discussing the "threat" say that the request not to publish the pictures was made, but they did not mention that Mary threatened not to go to the photo call - they did comment on it, but IMO thats very different to saying that she made a followed through on the threat.

Not wanting pictures of her son, the future King, to be published naked is IMO a perfectly reasonable thing from her point of view - I wouldnt want it either. Pictures of him clothed are quite enough.

If the nappy trip was indeed staged then perhaps it could have been another attempt to provide pics of her (sans children) in a bid for privacy later in the holiday.
I entirely understand CP Mary's concerns over the pictures. I share them, but the point here is that she handled the situation very badly,IMO, because she does not fully understand the relationship between the royals and the press.It is a two-way street, you give and take.However, one thing you do NOT do, is punish the Danish royalists by staying away from a royal photo-op! and thereby denying them the family photos, we all llove to see. It is a matter between the palace and that particular magazine.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

IMO they should have issued a court order to ban Christian's pictures instead of showing their annoyance that way. In times like these I find it irresponsible from a magazine to print nude pictures of a child, even if they were taken at the beach.