Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There have been few days in July without rain.
Unfortunately there have been far too few days with rain in Canterbury with warm winds and blue skies. I guess we are heading into another drought . . . whatever is happening to the weather?

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:

I've created an extra thread for all personal comments that were no longer discussing the topic of this thread. It can be found here.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #30, 2016.
Written by the long-eared Ulrik Ulriksen.

I had hoped we would see photos of M&F and children on holiday at Kancellihuset, next to Fredensborg - and there probably are such photos, but as you know the law on privacy is very strict here in DK, so I guess BB won't publish such photos submitted by the public.

Anyway, members of the public have reported hearing children at play and children calling the names of M&F's children from inside their back garden. There is a public lane passing by the furthermost hedge that lines the back of the back garden. (I'll submit a Google image later).
A local told our reporter: "I believe they have been outside most of the day (a very hot day). We have certainly heard happy voices from the children, who have been in the swimming pool".

M&F and children have also ventured out to the nearby ice-kiosk, located right outside the palace area and a couple of hundred meters or so from M&F's front door. "A couple of days ago they were down here to buy ice. We hope they'll stay for a couple of weeks".

Last weekend BB send someone to have a look at the ongoing renovation of the main building of Fredensborg. (Probably a photographer). Our scout reported that (s)he could clearly hear the children playing in the garden and that the twins called for Bella and Christian.

ADDED: Here is a map to provide a lay-out of the area: https://app.box.com/s/0unz9joxwlo5pq79op9wrsq5ydfugeq0

Last edited:
:previous: thanks for the summary Muhler. It sounds like the family had some happy non-raining days in Denmark.
If I remember correctly years ago, when Christian was 2-3..some pictures of him and Mary getting ice cream cones came out

Anyway, I'm sure Frederik and Mary had some quiet time with their kids before traveling to Brazil. They are expected to arrive tomorrow. The Olympics opening ceremony is on August 5th but they have various events beforehand with the Danish Pavilion.

End of the CP-family's summer vacation 2016 :)

As you may know, Mary left the Olympic in Rio late Saturday after a week together with Frederik, so she could reach home to their children and their first day of school and kindergarten (which was yesterday) after the family's 6 weeks summer vacation. Tomorrow, Mary also starts again with official duties after the family's summer holiday. Frederik will - as Denmark's IOC member - of course stay the rest of the Olympics.

It has been great to see Frederik and Mary together for the Olympics. And their frequent visits to all the Danish athletes. Now Mary has traveled home to the children again, now the everyday life start again after the summer vacation. But it sure look like the CP-family have had a lovely summer vacation.

First school day efter summer vacation for Christian and Isabella were yesterday (Monday 8th August):
http://tranegaard.skoleporten.dk/sp/108363/school/holidaycalendar?sort=Name&sortdir=DESC

The Crown Prince family are on holiday in Greece. They were in Kos, Greece after the earthquake. I wonder if they are still there? Wouldn't the Danish PET or the government arrange for the Danish CP family to leave or since they are on a private holiday, is it up to them to remain? Apparently, after the earthquake, thousands of tourists have found it difficult to leave. Is this in the Danish news?
http://http://www.star.gr/ellada/379146/h-kalyterh-diafhmish-sthn-kw-h-basilikh-oikogeneia-ths-danias-meta-ton-foniko-seismo-apokleistikes-eikones

Last edited:
They went after the earthquake not before so why they leave? Bravo to them to not Changed their plans!

Thanks Muhlerl !!

Yes , the Greek response was very possitive . I have read many articles and everyone say that is the best advertising for the island after the earthquake!

Even the Minister ot Tourism Elena Kountoura mention that in her twitter!

How great for the Crown Prince family to vacation on the beautiful Greek islands ☀️ :flowers: They deserve some bright sun and warmth after this rainy summer in Denmark.

Nice to see them walking casually at the harbor completely like everyone else. Really hope the Danish press don't find them.

I can see they have gone along with their close (closest?) friend Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk and their two daughters India and Palma on the same age as Christian and Bella.

(Just for orientation Terri Terri: Kos is well used to earthquakes and experience it every year. My brother and sister-in-law and children are on Kos and there is nothing to feel. Family and I are traveling to Kos and join them next week. All Danish travel companies sent large charter flights to Kos that same morning. In addition, Star mentions that Frederik, Mary and children flew with an ordinary passenger plane, they did not sail.)

Last edited:
I agree with Eya. Even though there is a risk of aftershock, new tourists flying in is so very much what the local economy needs.
In any case M&F wouldn't go to Kos if the Foreign Ministry has warned against it. There is no such warning.

That thousands of tourists were stranded were not due to hotels lying in ruins or the infrastructure breaking down, it was rather a mass-reaction, where people were scared (no wonder!) and wanted to get home.
That's a natural reaction but it takes time for the traveling agencies to arrange flights out of Kos.

In case of another serious quake, where it's decided to evacuate M&F, I imagine the local authorities will take them to somewhere safe for the time being until they can be evacuated. Whether that happens by ship to another place where they can be flown out or whether they are taken to a local airport depends on the situation I guess.
And whether they would be flown home on a flight chartered by the state along with other Danish nationals, on a Danish military transport, also along with Danish nationals, or aboard a Challenger would I imagine again depend on the severity of the situation.

Last edited:
Article quoting the new Se&Hør:

Frederik and Mary on sunny holiday: The Crown Prince hitting on Mary, big time!
http://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogho...ht_12grid/public/sh30_forside_instagram_0.jpg
Frederik og Mary på solferie: Kronprinsen bager løs på Mary

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are on a sunny holiday in the Greek heat. The trip has gone to Kos.

And it's not just the Greek summer that is hot.
Crown Prince Frederik and Mary were also wild in the heat, writes the magazine.

Frederik and Mary are obviously not tired of each other after 13 years of marriage.
They were among other things seen on the deck with hot kisses while the children splashed around in the water.

On the deck of the boat the Crown Prince couple are paired with good friends Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk and their girls.

According to Se and Hør, the Crown Prince couple traveled with their children to Kos on Friday morning.

Holidays thus started a few hours after the area of ​​Kos had been hit by a earthquake.
The family dodged the earthquake and had moved forward in the boat when Kos Saturday was hit by strong aftershocks."

Another magazine has a picture of Frederik and Mary playing tennis. Don't know where and when.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d535d30bda5d44c48d145abb25fff8e9&oe=5A08A49E

ADDED:
In fact, Se&Hør writes: Frederik bager løs på Mary. It's a Danish way of saying that Frederik is crazy about Mary and he flirts a lot with her. I have no idea how to translate it into English? Or if there is a slang?

ADDED AGAIN:
Thanks to Muhler I now know it will be translated as 'hitting on'. Thanks :flowers:

Last edited:
Some footage of The Danish Crown Prince Family is spotted while on their holidays in Greece,apologies the news report is in Greek.

The photo of Frederik and Mary from Se&Hør is lovely. I hope the family will enjoy their holiday in Kos - I've been wanting to go there myself.

It's indeed some lovely pictures of a loving CP-family :wub: The pictures of Frederik apply sunscreen on Mary's back and afterwards kiss her is just cute and all the pictures of the children (and parents) having a blast in the water. They sure are some water dogs! Especially little Vincent.

That said, to scroole through 50 papparazzi pictures - some of them quite private - make me truly sad. I sincerely hope that the paparazzi pictures 'in the big picture' are a small part of Frederik, Mary and children's vacation. And that 50 paparazzi pictures only seems so intimidating for us who experience it from the outside. And don't experience all the time where they are alone.

Billedbladet writes that the Crown Prince Family visited Prince Henrik while he was at the hospital:

Her er dit BILLED-BLADET | BILLED-BLADET

Last edited:
:previous:
It is very unfortunate that Crown Prince Frederic and his family can not enjoy their holiday in private.

It is very unfortunate that Crown Prince Frederic and his family can not enjoy their holiday in private.

Indeed.

Unfortunately the Mediterranean is crawling with paps, who have their contacts at the hotels and airports and what not, so it's difficult to avoid them.

In a perfect world Mary and Frederik would have privacy on their vacations, (and I'm sure they have had privacy on many prior getaways). Realistically if they want a good shot at a private holiday they need to go where there's a reasonable expectation of privacy - ie not a boat in an open, unrestricted body of water. They would need to hole up on a private estate or yacht somewhere, looking over their shoulders the whole time, and even that's no guarantee.

I'm sure the family knew they might be photographed but decided the benefits of the type of vacation they chose outweighed the down side. Mary and Frederik have never gotten too bent out of shape over being photographed in these sorts of situations, as long as the photographers weren't too intrusive and the pictures weren't arguably inappropriate, (I still remember the debate over naked baby Christian on the beach).

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #30, 2017.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who has spoken with the Greek journalist, Lampros Demrtzis, and gotten a detailed account.
BB has in their usual styled opted not to show any paparazzi photos.

The earthquake at Kos took place at 01.31. M&F and their friends Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk, as well as children, arrived at 17.00 on an Aegean Air flight from Athens. On the plane were also a number of Greek government officials, seismologists and journalists as well as other tourists, with whom M&F sat.

Lampros Demrtzis (LD): "The Danish royals were very interested in learning what had happened at Kos. They asked the flight crew questions about the earthquake".

VIP guests to Kos are normally taken through a special gate at the airport, but that was out of order, so M&F were taken through the ordinary gate along with other tourists. Here they waited among hundreds of tourists to be taken to their destination on the island. They were soon picked up by a mini-bus and driven to Kos city.
Here they the whole family went for a stroll along the beach and harbor, as well as having a look at the older part of the city, which has suffered a good deal of damage.
LD: "They walked through the streets and took many photos of the historical buildings that had been destroyed by the quake, like for instance the Saint Nikolas Church and the Defterdar Mosque, which are both located in central Kos city".

BB explains that the Greek response to M&F going on holiday to Kos, after the earthquake has been good. (Perhaps Greek members can confirm?)

LD: "According to my information the royal family will stay here until the end of July and they will probably have a fixed base aboard a yacht in the waters around here". - BB's deadline is Tuesday noon, so they would not have known about the latest pictures of M&F and family aboard the yacht at (probably) the Turkish coast.

Frederik Nellemann Linde from the DRF PR-office says: "It's correct that the Crown Princely family has been staying on the Greek island of Kos, where they have been in transit, before continuing on a private holiday".

Last edited:
Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

I'm glad to hear that. Greece in general and the Greek islands near the Turkish coast in particular have had their fair share of problems in recent years! Affecting very much the local tourist industry.

Frederik & Mary were spotted playing tennis together on 20th July in Denmark (before they traveled abroad):

http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_048.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_014.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_030.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_012.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_026.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_029.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_042.thw
http://legion-media.ru/thumbnailsl3/00000002760/mega59650_039.thw

Frederik Nellemann Linde from the DRF PR-office says: "It's correct that the Crown Princely family has been staying on the Greek island of Kos, where they have been in transit, before continuing on a private holiday".

Thank you Muhler. So Frederik, Mary and children were only staying on Kos in transit, and they seem to have moved on and now continue their private holiday a place without a local photographer in the bush :flowers:

Last edited:
Daily Mail on M&F playing tennis in Skagen (*) Princess Mary takes to the tennis court in pleated skirt | Daily Mail Online

Nice legs! - No, Polyesco, I wasn't referring to Frederik's legs...

DM is also quoting New Idea for saying Mary is on the verge of announcing her being pregnant and as we all have learned over the years, New Idea would never write anything that isn't reliable...

(*) Skagen. The northernmost town in DK, located near the very tip of Jutland. It's a favorite destination among holiday makers. Not least among people living in the posh neighborhoods north of Copenhagen. In particular one week of the year is known as "Copenhagener-week", where they all seem to migrate in flocks to Skagen - to the great amusement of the locals!
It also tends to ruin the sleep of the local residents though. Being Jutlanders they all sleep with their Wallets under their pillows and these wallets tend to grow fatter during the summer! - "Salt to you eggs, sir? - That's extra". :D
I imagine M&F may have stayed for a few days at Birkelse Gods, the home of the Skeel family.

Last edited:
Daily Mail on M&F playing tennis in Skagen (*)

I imagine M&F may have stayed for a few days at Birkelse Gods, the home of the Skeel family.

They did play the mixed double with Malou and Jørgen Skeel, so you are probably right.

Quite a tennis babe :cool: Nice legs indeed!

Great picture of Frederik, but I guess someone else won the match ;)

Nice for Frederik and Mary to play tennis. A thing they have enjoyed from their very first years. So they must have driven from Gråsten to spend some days in North Jutland before traveling abroad.

The Crown Prince family sails with the Dannebrog

Crown Prince Couple and their four children, D.K.H. Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine, are currently unofficially sailing with the Dannebrog.

Today, the Crown Prince family has visited Møns Klint on August 7, 2017 and will continue sailing with the Dannebrog in the coming days.

Kronprinsfamilien sejler med Kongeskibet Dannebrog | Kongehuset

How nice!

picture of Mary at Møns Klint
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXfzTeVh8C5/?taken-at=237827511

Frederik was there a couple of months ago for the center's anniversary
http://www.sydtid.dk/sites/default/files/imagecache/bodyimage_460/galleri_fotos/Kronprins-WWW-18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom