The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Muhler-Tak for the link. BTW is this taking the place of the typical Grasten photoshoot? Lovely photos of the CP family, village, and kids on bikes/ponies yesterday.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good to see Prince Gustav and Carinna there too!

Old 07-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Muhler-Tak for the link. BTW is this taking the place of the typical Grasten photoshoot? Lovely photos of the CP family, village, and kids on bikes/ponies yesterday.
You are welcome.
No, the yearly photoshoot takes place next Saturday, so there will be more to look forward to.

I read an short article in Jyske Vestkysten saying the tourism had gone up big time in the town of Gråsten, due to M&F being there. Many hoping for a very real chance to see M&F in the lanes around the manor. So the locals are pretty pleased in every way.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thank you for the pics.

A 38 pic gallery from Jyske Vestkysten with more to be released later: jv.dk - Lokale nyheder - Sønderborg - Se billederne af kronprins-familien i Gråsten

Notice Pic #10. A horse was nervous and Mary put her arms out to protect Vincent has don't seen to have noticed anything. As the gentle soul he appears to be he is enjoying the flowers.

Josephine who seems to be upstaging her older sister appears to have appointed herself as the one in the family responsible for accepting the bouquets.

I think Josephine had a field day! People, not least girls, dressed up. And regardless of her mishap, she doesn't seem to be afraid of horses. - Perhaps it had nothing to do with horses at all, but intead the accident just happened near the stables?
Yes I noticed that too. She is certainly not scared by horses at all. Fortunately. She on the contrary, hardly can get close enough to them. Great to see. I have always seen her as a little mini-Mary going to spend just as much time riding when she gets older as her mother did. But it is just a feeling.

And then she does not look the least troubled having her arm in plaster. Fortunately. But I remember it with my own son too. Children quickly learn to move with an arm in plaster. One weeks efter my son broke his arm he wanted to climb in trees with his sisters

So many lovely summer pictures of the CP family, they look to have a lovely holiday at Gråsten

Gallery with 38 more pictures:
http://www.jv.dk/modules/jv/gallery/?articleId=2067090

BB article 1:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...ngrideroptoget

BB article 2:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...ips-armen-frem
Old 07-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you for the pics.

A 38 pic gallery from Jyske Vestkysten with more to be released later: jv.dk - Lokale nyheder - Sønderborg - Se billederne af kronprins-familien i Gråsten

Notice Pic #10. A horse was nervous and Mary put her arms out to protect Vincent, who don't seem to have noticed anything. As the gentle soul he appears to be, he is enjoying the flowers.

There were some 300 riders in the procession, representing various riding clubs and associations and marching bands and each of them brought flowers for the M&F family. - So that amounted to a lot of flowers!
Josephine, who seems to be upstaging her older sister, appears to have appointed herself as the one in the family responsible for accepting the bouquets.
I think Josephine had a field day! People, not least girls, dressed up. And regardless of her mishap, she doesn't seem to be afraid of horses. - Perhaps it had nothing to do with horses at all, but instead the accident just happened near the stables?
That arm of Josephine has quite a bruise on it as well, so a fall or impact of some sort would be indicated. She is certainly not afraid of horses; the parents were wise to bring her out to demonstrate her courage! Her twin seemed to have a bit of sibling rivalry issues at one point, but his parents have the matter well in hand! Great parenting, well done
Old 07-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Several on Facebook tells that F&M and children in these weeks is a large and natural part of the streetscape in Gråsten. For example, the whole Crown Prince family not just officially receiving the Gråsten Ring Rider Association today, but yesterday they privately looked on from the sidelines in the streets.

Daddy's boys; Vincent and Christian aren't sons of Frederik for nothing

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99566059_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c8&oe=56560294
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...42&oe=565B0ACE

The CP family stroll home
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...73&oe=565290E3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8c&oe=565263F5
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f1&oe=561CEEBB
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...08929157_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5f&oe=561DC746
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6c&oe=5658DD37
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...43434385_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34522654_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...35227816664642
Old 07-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such lovely pictures, this family is just a gift that keeps on giving

The pictures of Mary and Frederik on their way back to the palace are wonderful I also loved that Christian took Josephine's flowers for fun – who's to say that little princes don't want flowers just as well as little princesses It's really great to see that the fall hasn't made Josephine scared of horses – didn't think it would either, she seems like a tough little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Daddy's boys; Vincent and Christian aren't sons of Frederik for nothing

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c8&oe=56560294
I love this picture, at first I thought it was just Christian but then I spotted Vincent in the background – it's a double hand-in-pocket situation, they're their father's sons for sure

Old 07-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Daily Mail: Crown Princess Mary's daughter, Princess Josephine, wears blue cast after breaking her arm in horse riding accident at Denmark palace* | Daily Mail Online

Can't help feeling sympathy for Gustav and Carina standing there in the background looking at M&F and their children.
This could be themselves receiving the locals in front of Berleburg - that is if they had any children...
In all likelihood they would want to have a family as well, but no, they can't get married and now it's probably too late.

I read somewhere that Isabella apparently knew some of the girls riding ponies by name. I guess they could be daughters of employees at the manor and Isabella could very well have met some of the local children. Gråsten is after all a very small town.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Now we know where Frederik was photographed. In LEGOLAND where he and Mary and the children last Thursday was a private excursion (and thankfully apparently the press didn't noticed it )

Article and picture:
Mødet med Frederik: Brittas store dag | Ude og Hjemme

-We were in LEGOLAND and we did noticed that the Crown Prince also was in the park with his family. They enjoyed themselves in the same way as everyone else, and we really didn't wanted to disturb them, says Gitte.

-But my sister is sometimes a little more impulsive so she went to greet Frederik.

- And he was just so friendly and nice, says Gitte, who asked for permission to take a picture of the crown prince with Britta. A desire which Frederik smiling said yes.

Britta is very interested in the Crown Prince couple and their family and follows them closely. So it was a great experience for Britta to have spoken with Frederik himself.

And we have the first delightful picture of our Crown Prince family receiving the Gråsten Ring Rider Association today. They all look so lovely and as you can see in the picture Josephine is in top form despite her broken arm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKRZaEQWwAAuSJ8.jpg:large

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0e&oe=56493E39

Another picture from the family trip to Legoland
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fb&oe=55ADB1F9

the event today was lovely
what a beautiful family.
Little Josephine is the new isabella in turns of energy
Love that they picked up this tradition
Old 07-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
LOVE this
Old 07-20-2015, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Daily Mail: Crown Princess Mary's daughter, Princess Josephine, wears blue cast after breaking her arm in horse riding accident at Denmark palace* | Daily Mail Online

Can't help feeling sympathy for Gustav and Carina standing there in the background looking at M&F and their children.
This could be themselves receiving the locals in front of Berleburg - that is if they had any children...
In all likelihood they would want to have a family as well, but no, they can't get married and now it's probably too late.

I read somewhere that Isabella apparently knew some of the girls riding ponies by name. I guess they could be daughters of employees at the manor and Isabella could very well have met some of the local children. Gråsten is after all a very small town.
Trust me you weren't the only one who had those thoughts about Gustav and Carina.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Josephine seems to be going through a phase where she wants constant attention. Can be very tiring for the parents, trying to teach them how to behave. I know all about it.

Am I right this isn't the traditional photo call yet?

Actually I don't think Gustav & Carina don't have children because of those old family laws... Who knows what the real reason is, but if you really want children nothing is going to stop you.... It's such a strong wish. Of course not all couples have the wish, and some are not so fortunate to see their wish fulfilled.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:15 AM
Serene Highness

Real talk:They can indeed marry and even have children.They just have to then deal with consequences of that choice.

Josephine looks like the exuberant twin and Vincent the gentler one. Yes I agree she is taking up her sisters outgoing mantle and antics now that Isabella is aging out of the little kid phase/behavior.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Real talk:They can indeed marry and even have children.They just have to then deal with consequences of that choice.
Or have children and not marry...
Old 07-20-2015, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

Yes that also. My point is the status quo is presumably working well for them.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing; with current reproductive technology its probably never too late, but I imagine the Berleburg heirs have already exhausted all appeals to the ridiculous conditions set out in the family will. I wonder if, after Gustav inherits, he will marry after all?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Such lovely pictures, this family is just a gift that keeps on giving

The pictures of Mary and Frederik on their way back to the palace are wonderful I also loved that Christian took Josephine's flowers for fun – who's to say that little princes don't want flowers just as well as little princesses It's really great to see that the fall hasn't made Josephine scared of horses – didn't think it would either, she seems like a tough little one.

I love this picture, at first I thought it was just Christian but then I spotted Vincent in the background – it's a double hand-in-pocket situation, they're their father's sons for sure
Couldn't agree more! This family melts my heart time after time. And can't get enough of those four bubbly children. They each have such a personality already.

Lot's more of the wonderful family pictures from yesterday

Huge galleries:

Her&Nu
Skønne billederne: Kronprinsfamilien til ringridning - Herognu

Monarchy Press Europe
Danish Crown Prince family at horse parade - Monarchy Press Europe

Atlantico Press
Atlantico Press

Rex Features
Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Rex
Old 07-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Nobility

Thank you everyone for the link to all the wonderful pictures. Frederik is obviously very proud of his family. Since Mary and the children were the ones showered with flowers, he seemed content to hold back a little and let them shine. That's one of the things I like about Frederik - it's not ''all about him.'' It was nice to see Carina and Gustav there, too. I thought she looked a little wistful.

Now we can look forward to the family photo shoot on Saturday. I hope QM and Henrik will be back from Greenland in time to participate.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
I was thinking the same thing; with current reproductive technology its probably never too late, but I imagine the Berleburg heirs have already exhausted all appeals to the ridiculous conditions set out in the family will. I wonder if, after Gustav inherits, he will marry after all?
I wouldn't be surprise he married but with another woman and younger to have kids, wouldn't be the first one who do that! it is sad for her, but she choose this, may be she froze her eggs?
Old 07-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Tags
blockhus, christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, isabella, mary, prince christian, princess isabella, skagen, summer holiday, summer vacation