Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
It's the end of the summer vacation for the CP family I assume. Christian back to school and Mary starts work on August 15 in Denmark while Frederik is regent.
Her first official event is on August 15 ;). Maybe she starts work tomorrow morning, the 13th at the office....

I think the Queen and Frederick and Mary alternate between Chateau Cayx each year. Mary and Fred went last year, the queen goes this year etc.

I think the Queen and Frederick and Mary alternate between Chateau Cayx each year. Mary and Fred went last year, the queen goes this year etc.

Doesn't the Queen go every year?

I believe the queen goes every year in August :) I can't recall a year she hasn't. We usually get pictures of her shopping at the local market.

She's at Chateau Cayx.

But if Prince Frederik is regent starting tomorrow she must still be in Denmark, no? Maybe just Prince Henrik is in Cayx and the Queen will join him tomorrow?

Juliette2 said:
But if Prince Frederik is regent starting tomorrow she must still be in Denmark, no? Maybe just Prince Henrik is in Cayx and the Queen will join him tomorrow?

Benedikte is in Denmark. She took over as regent so Joachim could attend the games.

Benedikte is in Denmark. She took over as regent so Joachim could attend the games.

How interesting! Thanks for the information. I didn't know she could act as Regent or better I didn't know she does act as one from time to time!

Schools are out so the summer holiday has started. Frederik joins a race in France today. Any idea if the family are in France?

Last edited:
Schools are out so the summer holiday has started. Frederik joins a race in France today. Any idea if the family are in France?

Yes, I think they are, Dazzling :flowers: Both Mary and Frederik have no events the next many weeks, so I'm sure they are on a vacation somewhere with their children. Maybe in France as they have been many times before. But I haven't heard anything yet, we maybe hear something in the new magazines, but Frederik and Mary also tends to be very good to cheat the press and avoid the paparazzis, like their private vacation last year ;)

Frederik, Mary and the children are not in France, but spend their summer vacation at home here in Denmark. They spend their days in a cottage in Tisvilde and HerogNu tells that it is children who sets the agenda and that the days goes with playing in the garden, local tours in Tisvilde and swimming at the beach.

And Mary, Frederik and children (and Ziggy) have chosen exactly right by staying at home. The past week and these days we have the most wonderful summer weather at 25 degrees and sun. And when the weather is good, there is nothing better than the Danish summer, if you ask me ;)

http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00946/140942_946990m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/02__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/03__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/04__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/05__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/07__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/08__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/01__b468m.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/09__b468m.jpg
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00946/140942_946990m.jpg

Article from HerogNu: Vandhundene Christian og Isabella - HER&NU

And it's gallery: Se Christian og Isabella i bølgerne - HER&NU

Article + one picture from Ekstrabladet: Ekstra Bladet - Afsløring: Her holder Frede og familien ferie

Last edited:
Don't they usually stay half their summer in Denmark and then France?
Thank your or the pictures. It looks like a lovely day to be by the beach.

Yes, they usually also spend a week or two in France or another warm country in southern Europe. But last year they were two weeks in the U.S.. My guess is that the next week(s) will be spent abroad somewhere in southern Europe :)

look at josephine in her pink swimsuit and ponytail and vincent on his daddy shoulders :) they grows fast! christian and isabella looks like they love the water. they are all so cute. hope they will have a nice summer holiday :) and without too many photographers

Last edited:
Thanks! I can't believe how big Josephine & Vincent are... How quickly time flies!

Are they staying at a friend's place?

Who's the lady in the black swimsuit in one of the pictures?

Thank you so much for the photos and aticles Roskilde.
I just miss crown princess Mary. I wish i could see her on photos too.

we will :) i saw that the new se og hør (a danish weekly magazin) which is realished tommorow has mary on their frontpage in bikini and they write they have lot of photos of mary and the kids swimming and having fun on the beach mary and the kids looks all smiling and relaxed and like she is okay with the fotographer (that means alot to me) :) i do not know if they will put the photos online though. Mary: Viser sig frem - Royalt - SE og HØR

Last edited:
There are photos of CPss Mary in the printed version of Her&Nu:)

Yes, they usually also spend a week or two in France or another warm country in southern Europe. But last year they were two weeks in the U.S.. My guess is that the next week(s) will be spent abroad somewhere in southern Europe :)

hi everyone havent been here awhile. can someone tell me where in the US they were at? thanks

:previous:

:previous:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #29, 2012.
Fantastisk ferie i bjergene - Fantastic holiday in the mountains.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

After having spend some days in Tisvilde, M&F and their children flew to Seattle, Washington.
They didn't look at the city but went on to a "secret location" in the mountains and here they stayed for two weeks.

Frederik had to leave his family some days early as he had to return to the opening of the general assembly of the International Tennis Federation.
However Mary and her children, and also Caroline and Peter Heering and their children landed in Copenhagen Sunday, so it's presumed the two couples went on holiday together.

There are plenty of opportunities for an active holiday in that part of USA, with rafting, hiking and it is assumed riding as well.

- My guess is that M&F are now in Trend, until they join the rest of the family in Gråsten tomorrow forenoon.

Here is a bit of info from last year -- short answer: somewhere in the Northwest.

The water looks cold! You can tell by the way the children hold their arms. Looks like fun though! Good Daddy!

The water is cold. Went down there last weekend and it was absolutely horribly cold (but then again, as lovely as Tisvildeleje's beachside is, as a swimmer I prefer a pool). It's lovely seeing them having a good time, but those pictures are terribly intrusive. I know the easiest choice is to go to the very chic beach by the very grand mansions, but if they want to go somewhere slightly more private, Vejby Strand/Beach is much better (even Helenekilde is better than Tisvildeleje Strand/Beach). Besides, this year there's an extra amount of visits and spotlight on the area of the beach Mary and Frederik went to because a terrible horse slaughtering happened there just a couple of weeks ago.

those poor twins, are they not allowed to walk at all ? or are they not able to ? I wish Mary would learn to hold a child, she has had four already and still seems only interested in finding the camera lens, poor kids. Well, at least they have a Dad who is interested,

Poor Frederik, he could reach his potential if he had chosen a more appropriate wife.
Poor Denmark.

I suspect that Ziggy the dog is a dead giveaway as to who this family is frolicking on the beach. Without Ziggy it might be more difficult to recognise the family, as they look just like any other ordinary family enjoying a summer break.

those poor twins, are they not allowed to walk at all ? or are they not able to ? I wish Mary would learn to hold a child, she has had four already and still seems only interested in finding the camera lens, poor kids. Well, at least they have a Dad who is interested,

Poor Frederik, he could reach his potential if he had chosen a more appropriate wife.
Poor Denmark.

And even more so, poor you. Clearly this constant smearing and vilifying Mary must get somewhat tiring?

In regards to Frederik and Mary holding the twin, I can kindly inform you that the edge of the beach is filled with stones and I presume that they're just trying to shielder their tiny little feet from immense pain (believe me, those stones are sharp). Furthermore I strongly believe that you lot (and by lot I mean all of those people who seem to think that Mary is so, so bad for Denmark and just the world in general - that she's an evil, evil person) would have been absolutely outraged had they just let them run about exposed to all sort of danger (which obviously would have been Mary's fault, you know, because Frederik is a weakling and Mary is the bossy, demeaning wife who wants nothing but hurt and anguish for her children).

It never fails to amuse me how sorry you people feel for Danes, when time after time polls show that among us Danes, Mary is one of the most popular members of the royal family - if not the most popular member of the royal family. So fear not, we're not in pieces over her up here in the north - that must just be a foreign thing ;)

Last edited:

Poor Denmark.

http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider/PageFiles/633686/02__b468m.jpg

Isn't that Mary walking away from the camera with Josephine in her arms?

Also, I wouldn't put my toddler down on that rough ground. JMO.

Poor Denmark.
Good heavens, poor you!

Back
Top Bottom