The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Nobility

Now, that I have looked at the photos again, I can see that there is a royal nanny there. The girl in the beige shorts. She is Helene Dreyer, a veteran royal nanny. I can add some happy news about Princess Isabella's first nanny, Ann-Alicia. She has married and is expecting her first child. She has left royal service and moved away from Sjælland in order to be closer to her family.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

How many nannies do the cp family typically use?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Nobility

It depends on their schedule. Basically, there are two on-duty nannies, but they alternate with a small team of substitute-nannies. However, all the staff working in Kancellihuset is used to helping out with the children if an extra hand is needed. I must add that despite rumours that CP Mary is hard to please, the staff in Kancellihuset rarely changes. Prince Christians first nanny for instance, Mette Hansen, is still with the family.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
It depends on their schedule. Basically, there are two on-duty nannies, but they alternate with a small team of substitute-nannies. However, all the staff working in Kancellihuset is used to helping out with the children if an extra hand is needed. I must add that despite rumours that CP Mary is hard to please, the staff in Kancellihuset rarely changes. Prince Christians first nanny for instance, Mette Hansen, is still with the family.
Thanks Villemann, good to know. I believe this is standard in every crown princely household with small children. Just because they don't bring the nanny along in public does not mean that there is none. There is no other way to deal if you have events in the morning or afternoon or evening or even overnight. One person is not enough as there is no 24 hour work shift. There have been endless discussions in other threads about the nanny issue, if it's appropriate or not but I think it clearly is.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Sorry I must have missed that post about Mary being pregnant. Can someone send me the thread name and the post number? I would appreciate it very much! And adding my 2 cents worth, I think Mary carries out her duties with all due respect to the occasion. And I, for the most part, believe her clothes are beautiful. And her jewels are beyond wonderful. I know this is not the right thead for this(ese) questions, but it is the fist that I had heard of her pregancy.
There's a thread about that? Could someone send it to me? I had a suspition about that aswell after the photo of Mary in the white tunic a few weeks ago.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
Thank you Villemann for your answer. I would assume that they had more than one nanny. It is nice to hear that the first nanny is still working for the family. She definitely wouldn't stick around if CP Mary was a difficult boss.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Aristocracy

How is Mary difficult and hard to please? I am not questioning those claims and why they were made, i.e. I am not defending Mary...I would just like to know what the rumours ARE...Does she get angry and throw things at her staff or something?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Majesty

If you wish to discuss the children's nannies, please do so in the following thread: The Nanny Issue for Mary.

Remember, we deal in facts, not rumors or speculations. Have a look at the Danish Forum Zero Tolerance Policy.

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Mary looks like she has a bit of a tummy here

Nice beard, Fred!

No, I just think it's the way the wind is blowing up her cover-up that makes it look like she has a tummy. Isabella is only a little over a year old, I don't think she'd be pregnant again already.

And how handsome is Fred?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 AM
Nobility

^^ She got pregnant with Isabell around this time after Christian, didn't she?

Old 06-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Nobility

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-l...26_forside.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K...ad_annonce.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_...450/BB26_6.jpg

mary and her family
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

More of their summer fun:

http://i50.tinypic.com/35n7v5j.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/24n1ehc.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/8zebe0.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/33zcnq0.jpg
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Cute pics

They are staying in Tisvildeleje, the pics with the twins were taken on June 26, the pics of Mary and Frederik with Isabella and Christian were taken on June 23 - they rode with their bikes down to the beach to see the Sankt Hans bonfire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** hellomagazine: Fun-filled family holidays for Mary and Frederik **
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love Vincent, he is too cute!

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

We own a summer house in Tisvildeleje and did indeed see them at Sankt Hans on the beach (which was absolutely stuffed by the way, wonder if people had tipped Mary and Frederik off). Didn't approach them as I thought they were entitled to some privacy, but seems like the press found them afterall. I believe they are staying with the Heering family in their summer house in Tisvildeleje. I've actually got an overall photo of the bonfire just so you can get a feeling of the place (don't mind the instagram-effects).

Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Do the couple own any summer house in Denmark?
Really nice family pictures & a nice clear glimpse of the twins who actually look very much alike.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
We own a summer house in Tisvildeleje and did indeed see them at Sankt Hans on the beach (which was absolutely stuffed by the way, wonder if people had tipped Mary and Frederik off). Didn't approach them as I thought they were entitled to some privacy, but seems like the press found them afterall. I believe they are staying with the Heering family in their summer house in Tisvildeleje. I've actually got an overall photo of the bonfire just so you can get a feeling of the place (don't mind the instagram-effects).
How fun! Thanks for sharing the photo. And good for you for trying to give them some privacy.
Bad form for the parents not wearing bike helmets also
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the insight Zelia! Is the bonfire usually that packed or do you think that it was Mary and Frederick's presence that made the event more popular than usual? You seem to imply that the latter was the case.

Also, can I just say how lovely all the children in the bonfire pictures are dressed? I know this is probably a trivial topic, but Scandinavian children seem to be nonplussed by cartoon characters, hideous colors, sparkles, princess dresses, superhero-themed clothing and the like. They wear practical, timeless, classical clothes. I live in the States where I always have a hard time finding this kind of clothes for my children. It is really refreshing to see. (Incidentally, and completely OT, if you know of any brand sold in the U.S. that you can suggest, send them my way! Thanks)
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Courtier

Here's my opinion, Juliette and perhaps lots will disagree...I think it could well be a cultural thing unique to the Danes OR perhaps more controversially it could be a class thing...M&F hang out in middle/upper class areas with middle/upper class peeps and shop in middle/upper class kidswear 'boutiques' which is where you find clothes like these...Even in Australia where I live, you can go to the department stores and find all the bright merchandise-style clothes and then you go to an upmarket kids boutique and you find gorgeous clothes, in more subdued colours, no transfers or bedazzling to be seen and this comes with a price tag ($50 compared to $5 let's say)...And most people see quality clothing for kids (who are notorious for wrecking stuff) as excessive and a luxury...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Do the couple own any summer house in Denmark?
Really nice family pictures & a nice clear glimpse of the twins who actually look very much alike.
No, they don't. Except for the hunting lodge in Trend. They'll propably be heading that way at some point.

Tags
blockhus, christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, isabella, mary, prince christian, princess isabella, skagen, summer holiday, summer vacation