Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think Isabella has a long way until she will be walking by herself. Some kids get star walk soon like 9 or 10 months, but only a minority, majority kids get start walking after 14/15 months more or less!! Also Isabella is a bit overheight (Don't get me wrong please) she is a chubby little kid so walking by herself will be a bit difficult for her to get the started! I'am a bit confused, how old is Isabella??
Those suits Christian is using are because of the sun!!!Christian is not used to get sun during the year so he should use this suit to cover him from the sun!!!!

Thank you Paty for all the lovely pictures! :flowers: It looks like Christian is having such fun out on the beach :)

Christian looks like he is having a blast! And little Issabella is certainly abit late with walking (15 months old last week) but every kid is different. I cant remember when we first saw Christian walking?

May pregnant?

Sorry I must have missed that post about Mary being pregnant. Can someone send me the thread name and the post number? I would appreciate it very much! And adding my 2 cents worth, I think Mary carries out her duties with all due respect to the occasion. And I, for the most part, believe her clothes are beautiful. And her jewels are beyond wonderful. I know this is not the right thead for this(ese) questions, but it is the fist that I had heard of her pregancy.

Sorry I must have missed that post about Mary being pregnant. Can someone send me the thread name and the post number? I would appreciate it very much! And adding my 2 cents worth, I think Mary carries out her duties with all due respect to the occasion. And I, for the most part, believe her clothes are beautiful. And her jewels are beyond wonderful. I know this is not the right thead for this(ese) questions, but it is the fist that I had heard of her pregancy.

There has been no official announcement that Princess Mary is pregnant. It's purely speculation based on the vacation photos that seem to show she has a bit of a bump on her tummy.

I think the water was too cold for Christian!!! But I loved his little outfit in the frist photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady in bikini

Is the babysitter the one in a bikini? careful Mary!!
As far as I can see, the svelte lady in the bikini is Malou Skeel, married to Jørgen Skeel, one of Frederik's closest friends. Their son Holger, the very blonde boy in the pictures, is one of Christian's playmates. It is a tradition that Frederik and Mary spend a few days each summer in the Skeel summerhouse in Blokhus.:flowers:

As far as I can see, the svelte lady in the bikini is Malou Skeel, married to Jørgen Skeel, one of Frederik's closest friends. Their son Holger, the very blonde boy in the pictures, is one of Christian's playmates. It is a tradition that Frederik and Mary spend a few days each summer in the Skeel summerhouse in Blokhus.:flowers:

Skeel sumerhouse is a privat property of the Danish Royal Family?

Skeel sumerhouse is a privat property of the Danish Royal Family?

No, the Skeel summer house would belong to the Skeel family (the friends Mary and Fred stay with each year during the summer) :) Didn't the DRF have a property somewhere near Skagen/Blockhus a few years ago, which they sold?

Oh, thanks for the info! I think that Frederik and Mary spended Christian second birthday in a sumerhouse Blockhus. I´m right?

No, the Skeel summer house would belong to the Skeel family (the friends Mary and Fred stay with each year during the summer) :) Didn't the DRF have a property somewhere near Skagen/Blockhus a few years ago, which they sold?

I read that they sold it back a few years ago.

Royal estate in Skagen

Prince Knud, the younger brother of CP Frederik's granddad King Frederik IX, had for many years an estate in Skagen called Klitgården. He inherited it from his mother, Queen Alexandrine. When Knud died in 1976 , Klitgården was passed on to his widow, Princess Caroline-Mathilde. After Caroline-Mathilde's passing, her children, sold Klitgården. :flowers:

Now, that I have looked at the photos again, I can see that there is a royal nanny there. The girl in the beige shorts. She is Helene Dreyer, a veteran royal nanny. I can add some happy news about Princess Isabella's first nanny, Ann-Alicia. She has married and is expecting her first child. She has left royal service and moved away from Sjælland in order to be closer to her family.

How many nannies do the cp family typically use?

It depends on their schedule. Basically, there are two on-duty nannies, but they alternate with a small team of substitute-nannies. However, all the staff working in Kancellihuset is used to helping out with the children if an extra hand is needed. I must add that despite rumours that CP Mary is hard to please, the staff in Kancellihuset rarely changes. Prince Christians first nanny for instance, Mette Hansen, is still with the family.

It depends on their schedule. Basically, there are two on-duty nannies, but they alternate with a small team of substitute-nannies. However, all the staff working in Kancellihuset is used to helping out with the children if an extra hand is needed. I must add that despite rumours that CP Mary is hard to please, the staff in Kancellihuset rarely changes. Prince Christians first nanny for instance, Mette Hansen, is still with the family.

Thanks Villemann, good to know. I believe this is standard in every crown princely household with small children. Just because they don't bring the nanny along in public does not mean that there is none. There is no other way to deal if you have events in the morning or afternoon or evening or even overnight. One person is not enough as there is no 24 hour work shift. There have been endless discussions in other threads about the nanny issue, if it's appropriate or not but I think it clearly is.

:eek: There's a thread about that? Could someone send it to me? I had a suspition about that aswell after the photo of Mary in the white tunic a few weeks ago.

Thank you Villemann for your answer. I would assume that they had more than one nanny. It is nice to hear that the first nanny is still working for the family. She definitely wouldn't stick around if CP Mary was a difficult boss.

How is Mary difficult and hard to please? I am not questioning those claims and why they were made, i.e. I am not defending Mary...I would just like to know what the rumours ARE...Does she get angry and throw things at her staff or something?

Mary looks like she has a bit of a tummy here :flowers:

Nice beard, Fred!

No, I just think it's the way the wind is blowing up her cover-up that makes it look like she has a tummy. Isabella is only a little over a year old, I don't think she'd be pregnant again already.

And how handsome is Fred? :wub:

^^ She got pregnant with Isabell around this time after Christian, didn't she?

Back
Top Bottom