Frederik, Mary and Children Picture Thread: Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I can give you an overview, and if other Americans want to chime in, please do. Also, if the mods want to move this to another thread, I understand.

On July 4, 1776, the document known as the Declaration of Independence was signed by representatives of the original 13 colonies. It was a bold move declaring that those colonies are, by their own desire, free and independent from Great Britain. One of the signers was Benjamin Franklin, who said that ''this day should always be celebrated with fireworks and parades.'' The day is celebrated with many different festivities: town festivals, sports events, picnics, concerts, etc. Fireworks are traditional, and you see lots of red, white, and blue decorations on homes and businesses. It's also a popular day for new citizens to be sworn in.

Thanksgiving is always celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November. It is a legal holiday - government offices are closed and there is no mail delivery. It's meant to be a commemoration of the celebration held in Plymouth, Massachusetts, in 1621. The English settlers (known as Pilgrims, a very conservative religious sect that had fled England) had a hard time in the new country, and many of them died. They would have all died out had it not been for the help they received from the local Indians, who showed them how to grow food and helped them to survive. After the first successful harvest, the Indians and the Pilgrims had a great feast to celebrate. Tradition holds that one of the things served was turkey, a native American fowl. It's still traditional to have a turkey dinner on that day. Canada also has a national day of Thanksgiving on the first Monday in October, I think.

The true meaning of Thanksgiving, IMO, has been lost in the shuffle of the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. What used to be primarily a cozy family day, is now given over to football games and shopping. Many large cities, most notably New York City and Philadelphia, have parades on that day. The last unit in the parade is always Santa Claus on a sleigh.

Off topic and very personal: my husband died on Thanksgiving Day, so it's a difficult time for me and our sons. But I am grateful for the years we had, and for the family we raised.

Hope this hasn't been too long and boring.

:previous: Thank you, MidwestMom. :flowers:

No, not at all boring. So the concept of fireworks on 4th July stems from the very beginning? I had no idea.

And my condolences to the loss of your husband.

Thanks you very much, Parrothead, for your vivid account. :)

It is always interesting to learn about other traditions and celebrations, especially from ordinary people.

I have to ask: Look out for rattlesnakes? Is it because they like to soak sun on the pier or is it because they come out at dusk?

However, I wasn't being clear in my encouragement: I meant opening a separate thread about Thanksgiving and 4th July.
Otherwise I fear we would test the patience of the mods. ;)

Muhler, you made me smile. Yes the snakes like to bake in the hot Texas sun during the day and the towards dusk they tend to hunt. Most of the time they are afraid of humans and I certainly don't go looking for them. But if you step in the wrong place you can be in a lot of trouble. Recently, My father in law was going to the shed to get the mower and discovered a rattler about four feet long. He said he turned around, went to the house and got his gun and shot it. He said he then changed into jeans and boots to mow the lawn despite the heat. They have deer, snakes, foxes, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, vultures, skunks and other creatures on their land, so I never let my daughter go in their yard or down to the lake unless an adult is with her. If you see a four-legged animal during the day (except for deer) it's usually a sign something is wrong (rabies or distemper) with the animal and my father-in-law will typically take care of it with the gun. I'm not a gun advocate by any means but out there you need one just to be safe.

Sorry to digress moderators, it's just a story I thought some might fine interesting.

But back to the Danish holiday, it sounds lovely and would be very interesting to see. Muhler, I hope you and your family had a good time.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Thank you Parrothead. :)

Well, we will surely enjoy the holiday. Fortunately it doesn't seem like we have to pull out the hose and water the garden this summer...

We don't have such dangerous wildlife, not even the adders are dangerous, unless you sit on one - twice! And taunts it's parents...
So no wonder you take your precautions.

But tracks from wolves have been identified a couple of kilometers from where we live. And there are now a couple of female wolves in DK as well, so they will probably start breeding soon.:wolf:

Looks like it.

Could it be the nanny Mette Hansen?

Lovely, what a wonderful photo, I agree that it is Mette.

She met her and gave her a ride?

I've been a bit down in the dumps ever since our election on Thursday but I must say, that picture of her driving (who is presumed to be) Mette cheered me up a whole lot – Denmark's Crown Princess is not too fancy to drive her future plebs around in her Nihola bike :D :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for posting it :flowers:

Thats the 'Tassie' in her heehee! l totally didnt think anything wrong or out of the ordinary. But I guess when you think a future queen giving a lift to the Nanny on her bike.....she really is going to make an interesting Queen when it happens. :)

Mary was on her way to pick up Vincent and Josephine from kindergarten when she sees Mette Hansen and give her a lift in her Nihola bike.

She's so nice!

Mary gav barnepigen lift – Ekstra Bladet

:previous:
all very nice pictures. thank you
Frederik in uniform is just a win. Mary looks very beautiful, love the first picture of her, when she went to Afghanistan I believe :flowers:

Today it's (already !!) 8 years ago since Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe was christened in Fredensborg Church - and Billedbladet has created a gallery of pictures from the day.

Already just 2 months old Bella could send glorious smiles to the photographers :D

I also remember sweet little Christian with his big blue eyes following littlesister's christening.
It was a lovely and relaxed summer christening.

And now there are two more kangaroos in the F&M-pouch.

Gallery: Husker du? Otte år siden prinsesse Isabellas dåb | Billed Bladet

Today it's (already !!) 8 years ago since Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe was christened in Fredensborg Church - and Billedbladet has created a gallery of pictures from the day.

Already just 2 months old Bella could send glorious smiles to the photographers :D

I also remember sweet little Christian with his big blue eyes following littlesister's christening.
It was a lovely and relaxed summer christening.

And now there are two more kangaroos in the F&M-pouch.

Gallery: Husker du? Otte år siden prinsesse Isabellas dåb | Billed Bladet

beautiful!
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...c/storage_1/media/bb-351747.jpg?itok=wUIzMgf_
Christian was a doll
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...c/storage_1/media/bb-351787.jpg?itok=wXcovXx-

Another gallery from Isabella's christening as it was 8 years ago yesterday.

Notice how little Christian was - and his big blue eyes :)

https://www.facebook.com/235227816664642/photos/pcb.413455135508575/413454398841982/?type=1&theater

It's Roskilde Festival time :cheers:

Have any of you ever been to Roskilde Festival? I have met people there all the way from Australia!

Last year Frederik and Mary surprised with visiting the festival privately - they arrived by tourist bus with a bunch of friends, wearing sneakers and hoodie and strolled around hand in hand at the large festival enjoying the atmosphere and the Rolling Stones concert in the evening.

It was highly praised by the Danes and the media and characterize well our very folksy Crown Prince copule.

And who doesn't remember the royalist Sven Houlberg who not only got a selfie with Frederik, but also sneaked to give his future King a proper "man hug".

BB has today posted a gallery with pictures from their day at the festival:
Se de herlige billeder: Da kronprinsparret var på Roskilde Festival | Billed Bladet

And this site has nice pictures as well:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=413702378817184&id=235227816664642

Last edited:
Maybe Fred had some lipstick on his cheek where a lady had kissed him.!! And Daniel was being a gentleman wiping it off for him.

Don't make Mary jealous Tarlita :lol:

Maybe Fred had some lipstick on his cheek where a lady had kissed him.!! And Daniel was being a gentleman wiping it off for him.

I don't think so; this cheek thing is something Daniel does. If you recall his wedding speech to Viktoria, he stroked her cheek many times during his performance. It looks like an awkward expression of affection, maybe he and Crown Prince Frederik are very good friends indeed:lol:

:previous: Disturbing(ly good) picture indeed :)biggrin:). For a moment, I thought William-like baldness was happening but realised it was just the swimming cap and breathed a sigh of relief – that swimming cap is honestly even more distracting than the toplessness.

Not much happening these weeks as the Crown Prince family have private summer vacation.

So let's take a little trip back down memory lane - I just came across these two enjoyable pictures of Frederik & Mary to the recent Olympic Games in London (while I was actually searching for an athlete haha):

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e55092d59154c6765c0da5d83f5c3ad4&oe=5643A53A
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5d/cd/59/5dcd5974e7f414f7a3fab17ac66e7f24.jpg

They met as known to the Olympics Games in Sydney in 2000 and has together attended every Olympics Games since. At the latest Olympics now with four kangaroos in the pouch :D

Have a nice Sunday!

Last edited:
Not much happening these weeks as the Crown Prince family have private summer vacation.

So let's take a little trip back down memory lane - I just came across these two enjoyable pictures of Frederik & Mary to the recent Olympic Games in London (while I was actually searching for an athlete haha):

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e55092d59154c6765c0da5d83f5c3ad4&oe=5643A53A
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5d/cd/59/5dcd5974e7f414f7a3fab17ac66e7f24.jpg

They met as known to the Olympics Games in Sydney in 2000 and has together attended every Olympics Games since. At the latest Olympics now with four kangaroos in the pouch :D

Have a nice Sunday!

always a joy to go down memory lane .
I like these ones of Frederik teasing Mary for using binoculars :p
http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m837k8VVHF1qgmfwso3_r1_500.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m837k8VVHF1qgmfwso4_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I was going back in the threads when I stumbled across this post which I posted about a year ago and found it just as glorious as I did that time around :lol:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxg56hrJSE1r9o3nno1_500.jpg

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/54...1UGyvnelvUDJbf1M2K613vTmo+fJhMaul/llgp1c6iw==

Frederik and Mary visits a fish smokehouse during a visit to the Danish island Bornholm.
The press ask Frederik if he will hold a herring so they can take a good picture, but he puts his arm around Mary and says "No thank you, I have my own herring" :lol: :blush:

“Herring” is a Danish slag word for “a attractive/beautiful/sexy girl or women”.

Last edited:
:previous: It's nice to know that the romance is still alive and, more importantly, that they are more than willing to treat us to loving words and PDA's.

How lovely that the romance is alive and kicking 10 years down the track but now has the added bonus of wit and humour. They are an inspiration to us all about the importance of keeping the love alive and sharing it with their kids (wouldn't mind betting Christian is of an age to go Ewww, when they get romantic).

Thanks for all these great pics and especially the one of the Fred and his herring!

Back
Top Bottom