Frederik, Mary and Children Picture Thread 1: November 2004 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have taken this photo, and how did it get into the public domain???

Appears to be in private part of the palace. Can see Mary is in "relax" mode.....

Agreed! A beautiful picture, but it seems interesting that it is in public domain as this looks like a private family picture -not one the family would release.

I vaguely remember that photo being released by Frederik and Mary themselves.

The discussed private photo has been part of a series of private pictures that have been released in a Danish newspaper on the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 40th birthday in February 2012. The pics were released with the consent of the family.

The whole set can be found here!

Last edited:

The discussed private photo has been part of a series of private pictures that have been released in a Danish newspaper on the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 40th birthday in February 2012. The pics were released with the consent of the family.

Those are lovely! Thanks!

Yes, Mary opened her private photo album for the newspaper Berlingske Tidende and showed us some of the family's private pictures from 2011 which she loved most. She also wrote a little commentary on each of the pictures:

"Isabella gets a kick or two the day before the twins are born"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

"Summer cruise. Two little ones ready to wave on the quay"

"Pretty Isabella"

"Women bring some colors and life to the harsh environment in the world's largest refugee camp" (I guess it's from her visit to Somalia)

"Boat trip at the Øresund on one of the few summer days last year"

"My beloved husband" :wub:

"One of Tasmania's many beautiful beaches"

"A late summer afternoon where the incidence of light in The Banquet Hall is very beautiful and had to be caught on camera"

"The entire family in Tasmania:
It's difficult to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time. It succeeded ... almost" ;)

Last edited:
oh Marys pregnant belly was huge at the end! much bigger than i remember but she was not much in the public the last four weeks, that is maybe why. but lovely lovely photos! Loving this family <3

Last edited:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxg56hrJSE1r9o3nno1_500.jpg

Frederik and Mary visit a smokehouse during a visit to the Danish island Bornholm.
The press asks Frederik if he will hold a herring so they can take a good picture, but he puts his arm around Mary and says "No thank you, I have my own herring" :ROFLMAO: :in_love:
“Herring” is a Danish slag word for “a beautiful/hot women”.

Last edited:
I saw a video of that and they are so adorable:wub:

You are welcome, Hannelore :) (And Dark Ride too ;)).

I'm afraid I don't know who they are. I have seen them before but that's it.

The couple pictured with Mary and Frederik would be the eldest daughter of Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen (former CEO of LEGO), Sofie Kirk Kristiansen, and her husband, Christopher Kjær Thomsen. Sofie is the great-granddaughter of LEGO founder, Ole Kirk Cristiansen.

Thanks Zelia! This family must be among the richest in Denmark I guess.

Thanks Zelia! This family must be among the richest in Denmark I guess.

Extremely rich! According to an article I read just the other day, each of the (adult) children of the LEGO family are worth quite a number of billions of DKK.
But they are also very discreet.

LoL maybe that is the difference, yes. Thanks Muhler... Makes me think I helped funding their fortune a teeny tiny little bit with my son's toys ;)

:previous: Yeah, but at least the money are well spend and the bricks last generations. I have nephews and nieces who played with the same bricks I played with.
And anyone who has ever stepped on a LEGO brick in a dark room will surely agree with me that they are excellent anti-personnel weapons as well. :w00t:

Last edited:
is there not something about that mary played basketball in her youngs day? :)

:previous: Yeah, but at least the money are well spend and the bricks last generations. I have nephews and nieces who played with the same bricks I played with.
And anyone who has ever stepped on a LEGO brick in a dark room will surely agree with me that they are excellent anti-personnel weapons as well. :w00t:

I stepped on a piece of my niece's Lego just a few days ago - they are deadly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom