Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The picture of Frederik could pass for him on dancing with the stars :lol:
I quite like Mary's picture.

LOL. true! not sure how much dancing was going on, but they strike a great pose.;)
I placed more pics of him and Prince Albert in the Frederik's IOC thread

wow I like him, he looks great! I could have teach him some tango1

Wow! Gorgeous picture, gorgeous jewelry, dress, makeup. Love this!!!

Thanks, Marika :flowers:

I love the picture - really like the mixture between the royal life in a palace and the private "Mary Donaldson" with bare feet sitting relaxed on the floor.

Beside that, I think it's quite lovely that The Australian Women's Weekly selected "Their Mary" for their special 80th anniversary edition. And I noticed that the release date fits perfectly with Frederik and Mary's upcoming official visit to the country next month.

I see there is a interview as well, very much hope we will get parts of the interview online at some time after the release date.

The 80th birthday edition is on sale on Thursday October 26, more here
Crown Princess Mary: Our October cover girl

Last edited:
Mary looks lovely! This is one edition I will be buying :)

Interesting cover best left for vogue IMO but she does look good and that looks like a really nice dress.

thats a nice and lovely photo! cool touch and idea with her bare feet. mary looks lovely!
it is my feeling that mary feels very danish, but as she says, part of her will always be an aussie and who she is i guess. when will mary&frederik visit australia?

can we buy the magazine outside australia? i would be much interested in buying it.

Last edited:
I liked that they didn't Photoshop all the wrinkles around her eyes. She looks happy and at ease. Would love to read the interview.

Prince Charles also gave an interview to this issue, about his "dancing skills" and Camilla's first time in Australia

'Princes William and Harry get their moves from me' says Charles | Mail Online

A picture of Mary from the magazine

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

"My mother taught me to be independent and to trust in myself, to believe in myself"

I love that she posed with Ziggy

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope our Australian friends will provide a summary. :)

No matter what the interview is like it still provides us with an interesting picture of how Mary and the rest of the DRF is viewed in the Australian media.

I don't know enough of Women's Weekly to judge whether the magazine is fairly serious or whether they only print fiction.
So how would you classify it?
How read is the magazine?
Who reads it? (Women are after all a very broad and varied segment of the population, I dare say).

I don't know enough of Women's Weekly to judge whether the magazine is fairly serious or whether they only print fiction.
So how would you classify it?
How read is the magazine?
Who reads it? (Women are after all a very broad and varied segment of the population, I dare say).

I read it and buy it occasionally. It's a good publication; doesn't print rubbishy gossip like the other three main 'women's' mags in NZ. I will buy the 'Mary' edition; it should be very good.

A breathtaking picture of Crown Princess Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
WW is full of adds with some stories in between. It used to be a good mag but increasingly it is difficult to find anything worth reading in it.

I only buy the big issues regarding the BRF now - weddings etc.

I may look at this - if I can find it as my local newsagent stopped stocking it a couple of years ago as it wasn't selling. You can order it through him but I can't be bothered doing that and even at the supermarkets there is usually only a couple of copies.

It used to be a weekly magazine but now is monthly so it struggles to be relevant as often its stories are out of date when they get around to publishing.

As for having Mary on the cover - says a lot about the selling power of BRF that they don't have a picture of Kate or Harry or someone like that on the cover.

Well, Harry has been on the cover of GQ. I would like to see The Duchess of Cambridge on a cover of a good magazine. Mary looks great though.

Beautiful picture of Mary, love the dress on the cover and the one inside, any ID on that one?

Back
Top Bottom