Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally we get to see their christmas card :D Thank you so much :flowers:

Nice picture :) wonder where it was taken. A bit unusual wallpaper isn't it?

My guess is that it is a sofa and the photo was taken somewhen during their holiday :) Perhaps on the ship they shared with their friends?

I don't like the picture, looks like all 4 are sunburnt or orange.

Gossip press have a knack for finding and printing over- or underexposed pictures or pictures with a screwed-up color-balance.

Too many times it looks like the person on the cover has jaundice and sweats like a pig - and has gained 40 pounds.

Where they find those pictures and why they print them (when they are actually trying to sell a magazine on a positive story) is beyond me.

nwinther, my guess is, that they changed the colour balance for the cover, does the cover of BB look the same when having a look at it in a store?

nwinther, my guess is, that they changed the colour balance for the cover, does the cover of BB look the same when having a look at it in a store?

Haven't seen it yet, but a week or two ago, Mary was on the cover. She looked like a well-fed, sweating christmas-pig covered in a thin layer of strawberry-jam. Not very attractive or charming at all.

The reason for the "jam" is that someone haven't managed to remove the magenta (or add green). Usually this happens when an image is underexposed and you have to choose between a green or magenta tone. The solution is, of course, to find another, better, image.

In this case, we have another problem with the exposion or color-temperature. It's not unusual that images taken under extreme lighting conditions will make a person pale. This is compensatet for by adding yellow or red - and sometimes it'll work. But at other times, it'll make them look orange.

I've made plenty of pictures of dark-skinned people (Sri Lankans etc.) that want to sent images back home, showing their new life. They can't get the images bright enough as they want to look lighter-skinned. Problem is that when you brighten an image, the color-temperature suddenly shows itself, and instead of making dark-skinned people "whiter", it makes them blue-toned and overexposed. To a professional it looks absolutely horrid.

The opposite is sometimes the case for light-skinned folk. We want to look tan, but since you can't add "tan" you mix in the yellow and red (removing blue and green). The result is rarely any good. People look diseased rather than tan.

I would have thought that BB has some screen designers that were able to work on it. :( I know that a lot can be done, especially as they seem to have taken a photo of the Christmas-card, so could have taken a better one :)

I would have thought that BB has some screen designers that were able to work on it. :( I know that a lot can be done, especially as they seem to have taken a photo of the Christmas-card, so could have taken a better one :)

Yeah, you'd think so. And most often they make reasonably nice prints. But from time to time, it looks like something done on a 1990 xerox - and sometimes it's a photo in some poor resolution pixelating the entire image into something barely recognizable.

:previous:
Yes, it is french. I was surprised as well since the DRF is not that known in my country, despite the fact that the Prince consort is a frenchman.
I like Mary's look in here. She seemed so serene and calm.

Back
Top Bottom