Frederik and Mary's Private Visit to Australia: November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they spend a lot of time discussing who is the most apropriate to open the door. :lol:

why have they been so open about their visit if it is intended to be a private one?

I think and hope Mary will be able to relax and have great time with her family. But as someone said, perhaps it would be a goodf idea to do some sort of photoshoot to satisfy the press!

Is she just taking a mere visit to her homeland, or is there some kind of a holiday she might like to share with her family there?

The first pictures are really nice! Christian looks so adorable! The pictures of Frederik welcoming Mary is so cute! :flowers:
So, the first trip of Lille Christian and the new Baby :)rolleyes: ) to their mother's home country! So nice..

That was a funny picture when the little prince's hair is being blown away by the wind!

Christhian is cuter then ever!
I hope they enjoy the visit and her family company!!

Is it my imagination or Fred looks thinner while Maty become round?:lol:

magnik said:
Is it my imagination or Fred looks thinner while Maty become round?:lol:

Frederik looks thinner, Mary has gained a few pounds which is nice:ROFLMAO:

I think it is to be expected that thre is going to be an interest in this trip, after all Mary hasn't been back to Australia in a couple of years, however i do hope that after the photo op on Friday, that the family will be left alone to enjoy their holiday. It is no secret that they are here and where they are staying, so why should they hide or not open the door. That is just silly.
Mary does look beautiful and they look like any other happy family. I am always so proud that she was an Australian.

Mary, Frederik and Christian were just shown on the news on Channel 10 shopping in Salamanca with Mary's sisters and nieces

Yennie said:
why have they been so open about their visit if it is intended to be a private one?
Good point. Obviously declaring weeks before they left that they were visiting Tasmania was bound to result in photographers and newspapers waiting at the airport.

I think they are having a good time, and the weather is pretty good related to the one Mary have in Denmark rigth now!

As much as I love the pics of them...i hope the media give them much space so that they can enjoy time with family

Thank you for the pictures. Mary looks tired but good and looks like enjoying her time in Australia. Lillte boy looks like he is having so much fun playing with the water

Thanks for the pictures! I didn't expect to see lille Christian so often!:)
He looks so adorable!!!

I don't think there'll be an official photoshoot, because it's an informal trip. But who knows...

according to the Australian media it seems there will be a photo session tomorrow.
Perhaps Frederik is trying to reach an agreement with the media - the way his parents have always done when they are on holiday in France

UserDane said:
according to the Australian media it seems there will be a photo session tomorrow.
Great News! :flowers:
I wonder where it will take place... Does anyone know?

Well I think if the photographers don't bother them and take some pictures while they walk on the streets I think there is no problem and they can be left alone that way!They even don't need to know if they photographers there! This Royal couple is the most natural one, they show their child with no problem and like a nomral baby. Little Christian is a big boy now! Princess Mary is very beautiful in jeans she is still very thin!

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Great News! :flowers:
I wonder where it will take place... Does anyone know?
No, I haven't heard where. Some Australian friends just e-mailed me and told me that according to their media there would be this photo session tomorrow.

grevinnan said:
Why didn't Fred open the door? He is still the royal that gave Mary her status. No journalist would have knocked on the door if it was not for Mary's marriage to Frederick. He should have been the one stating to anyone bothering them that this is a private holiday and thanks for your interest but we will not answer any questions.

According to Australian TV that's exactly what he did.
He seemed quite annoyed and asked the media "to be nice".

I think media interest was to be expected, since this is Christian's first trip downunder.
I think Mary and Frederik know that very well and even accept it to a certain degree.
IMO that's the reason why they chose to be open about their visit
and obviously agreed in advance to do a photo-session.
It would have been childish to deny that they will visit Australia
and then visit Australia and play hide and seek with the media.
The media would have found out anyway, perhaps they would not have been at the airport,
but I am convinced they would have known they are there the next day.
Hobart is rather small and the main purpose of this trip is not to have privacy, I think,
but to meet family and friends, perhaps spend an evening out with them.
So how could they have kept their visit a secret?

On TV you could clearly see that Frederik and Mary were greeting the media people at the airport,
they did not seem to be annoyed when they were photographed on public places in Salamanca today.

But I guess it's another thing when reporter zoom into your windows and take photos from inside the house.
There is a limit that should not be overstepped.
The right to privacy also applies to public persons like royals.
Therefore I think Frederik had every right to be annoyed.

Last edited:
well I think paparazzis could do things different. They can take pictures without annoying them! They can take pictures but leave them alone and don't let anyone see them! People on the streets could help also. Thye can look of course but stop to speak with them!!! please.....

Should Mary be carrying Christian since she's pregnant? He's a big kid.

BurberryBrit said:
Should Mary be carrying Christian since she's pregnant? He's a big kid.

its not as if she is hiking up a mountain with him, And Im sure if she didnt feel like it , she would let someone else carry him.

I also thought of that. But she has a baby car to care him!

I created some Avators of Christian in Australia
See the them here !

Enjoy :flowers: ;)

Her_Majesty said:
I created some Avators of Christian in Australia
See the them here !

Enjoy :flowers: ;)

thanks for posting them . must say he really is a cute little baby !

why is Mary wrapped up like it´s winter in Denmark?? It´s almost summer in Tasmania (although an unusually cool one). Her nieces are in Tees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom