The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Commoner

I defintely think Mary likes the attention. Even when she is low key, she is dressed for the "paparazzi." But then again, this is what the public expects....

Old 11-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

maybe she just likes to look good.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
One thing you have to remember is when they have such a large chunk of time blocked off on their calander people basically know they are going to Australia and not France or something.
Not really, they're not exactly the busiest Royals so I doubt people would think much of it if there were a few weeks out of their schedule. I certainly wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
Plus, so basic security measures need to be taken. So the point of not telling anyone is difficult. The media would find out soon enough.
Well we've no idea whether that is true, seeing as they told the media where and when they were going.

After all, they managed to maintain their security while at the retreat, if they wanted to they could have done so just as easily in Hobart.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel
I defintely think Mary likes the attention. Even when she is low key, she is dressed for the "paparazzi." But then again, this is what the public expects....
Well when I saw this picture I also though the same!!!! This was the same dress she wore at a photo shot in the summer with the Qeen! The skirt is too long and not at all a simple mode of dress for a plane trip!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Well when I saw this picture I also though the same!!!! This was the same dress she wore at a photo shot in the summer with the Qeen! The skirt is too long and not at all a simple mode of dress for a plane trip!
Maybe her parents invited her to a fancy restaurant just before she went to take the plane. I once was invited by a champagne producer and we used their private plane for the flight back to Germany from Reims. We had had a wonderful dinner in a luxurious resort hotel & restaurant and we just walked out of the restaurant and into cars that drove us directly on to the tarmac to the waiting plane. 50 min. after leaving the restaurant I stood in my evening dress next to my car which was parked at Stuttgart airport general aviation carpark. No paparazzi in sight anywhere but I had just arrived.... So, if it can happen to Plain Jane me that I dress appropriate for a top restaurant and take a flight immediately afterwards, why can't it happen to a Crown Princess?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes you are rigth but has this is a holiday trip I doubt that she was invited to a fancy launch! I like very mucht Princess Mary but my opinion this time is a bit against her!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Commoner

The skirt looks like an ordinary skirt. It doesnt look fancy nor does it look plain. Man if i had that skirt, i would definitely wear it out even to the grocery store.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The skirt looks like the one she wore for the photoshoot with the whole Danish Family in summer! Is it the same?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
The skirt looks like the one she wore for the photoshoot with the whole Danish Family in summer! Is it the same?
Yes it is the same skirt
Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I like very mucht Princess Mary but my opinion this time is a bit against her!
Well, at least she didn't show up wearing a galarobe with a tiara...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
And if she didn't you'd (general you) would be saying Mary looks sloppy and meeds to dress better!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Gentry

Personally, i love the long skirt...
she wore it for the summer shoot too so maybe its good for keeping cool without havong to don a pair of shorts...
either way, i think its pretty....
Old 11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Courtier

I think Princess Mary looks amazing. She is wearing what I would deem as 'smart casual'. Perfect for our climate, and not too dressy. She is on holiday after all. I would wear this out to lunch or to the shops, and it is very practical with a little boy who I can only assume is very active. It has been hot in sydney and she can take the cardigan off when and if she needs too. I also think it helps the Princess to blend in with the locals, as much as she can anyway. I wish we got to see her casual more often.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Commoner

i just think Princess Mary takes advantage of her resources and always dresses to be photographed. if you compare her to Mette Marit, Mary always looks made up.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

That skirt Mary is wearing is long and simple- it would be really comfortable on the plane- it'd cover her legs from the often cold plane air, and it wouldn't ride up. I don't know about you guys, but whenever I go on a plane, especcially for a long flight (and any flight with a one year old is a long flight) I just want to be comfortable. It's a pretty skirt, that would be comfortable (as opposed to a short skirt or tight jeans) and it probably doesn't wrinkle (like most trousers would wrinkle in flight). She probably looks about as good getting off the plane as she did getting on it. I really think that that skirt is just part of Mary's wardrobe, and she likes it, so she was wearing it. If she was really dressing for the paparazzi's attention, wouldn't she have stopped and posed for pictures?
Some of the princesses just like to look good and look put together. Look at the pictures of Letizia from her honeymoon and from their trips to Mallorca- she always looks put together and pretty, and she rarely wears jeans. Someone on another thread was talking about "looking royal" and "always dressing like a princess." I think that is what Mary and Letizia do. We all would be sitting her complaining if she didn't look put together, with her hair all mussed up and baby spit-up on her shoulder. However, I wouldn't doubt that when she is at home in the palace, she looks like that.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
i just think Princess Mary takes advantage of her resources and always dresses to be photographed. if you compare her to Mette Marit, Mary always looks made up.
Why the need to compare two completely different women? What purpose does it really serve? I dont have an issue with your opinion (although I don't share it), rather one's need to compare. Its very pointless.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Courtier

I don't understand the issue with Mary's clothing. I always dress and wear make up when I leave the house. Whether I'm going to work or shopping or just going for a walk on the beach. I dress to suit the occasion but it's always something nice. My comments have nothing to do with the fact that Mary is Australian and I am sticking up for her, I just don't see why people think she dresses to impress the media. I think she dresses the way she does because she looks beautiful and she can. (JMO)
Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
I don't understand the issue with Mary's clothing. I always dress and wear make up when I leave the house. Whether I'm going to work or shopping or just going for a walk on the beach. I dress to suit the occasion but it's always something nice. My comments have nothing to do with the fact that Mary is Australian and I am sticking up for her, I just don't see why people think she dresses to impress the media. I think she dresses the way she does because she looks beautiful and she can. (JMO)
Ain't that the truth
Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

What is the deal with Mary wearing a long skirt on a plane? It's a nice skirt, so why shouldn't she wear it where she pleases? The skirt looks comfortable, and with an active 13-month old she would more than likely want to be comfortable while travelling.

And remember, she and Christian were flying business class, and in business class, most of the time they expect you to dress a little nicer than you would if you are sitting in economy class.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
And remember, she and Christian were flying business class, and in business class, most of the time they expect you to dress a little nicer than you would if you are sitting in economy class.
Mary sat at the front of the aircraft so I'm assuming they travelled economy from Hobart to Melbourne (its only an hours flight afterall).

Anyhow, does JetStar have business class? I don't think they do for domestic travel. I've always thought it to have been an economy based airline (up until the recently introduced international flights which I believe has had no effect on the current seating arrangements).

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson