Prince Frederik & Princess Mary's Official Visit to Australia: Feb. 27-March 11, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi i´m just new here, but i visit the forums very often in former times.

But indulge with me when i´m asking if Mary and Frederik were the same time in Australia as Victoria of Sweden? And if they met in Australia?

Cerasma said:
Hi i´m just new here, but i visit the forums very often in former times.

But indulge with me when i´m asking if Mary and Frederik were the same time in Australia as Victoria of Sweden? And if they met in Australia?

Frederick and Mary were there longer than Victoria. She was there for some time in the middle of their trip - the last leg of their public trip and during part of their private stay in Australia.

She never met up with them. The Prince of Wales didn't meet up with them either.

thank you for this quick answer.

is it unusual to meet some other royal members when they are the same time as you in foreign country?
Sorry if this queation is quite silly, but i would meet with them :)

Cerasma said:
is it unusual to meet some other royal members when they are the same time as you in foreign country?
Sorry if this queation is quite silly, but i would meet with them :)

I don't think it's a matter of being unusual or not. I think it's simply that Frederik and Mary had their own agenda and itinerary of things to do while in Australia and Victoria had her own agenda and itinerary of things to do. They were each there for different purposes in promoting their respective countries.

As much as this trip was a homecoming for Mary, it was also very much a professional trip just like the one she took to New York earlier in the year with Frederik.

Were it something more relaxed, such as the Olympics, I think you'll likely see various royals getting together for dinners or drinks or a more casual, social environment.

do you all remember when we all sat at our computer to see frederik and mary in australia

This is kind of off topic but do you think that they are totally happy? I've noticed that in most pictures, they're seldom touching, holding hands, etc. Maybe it's because the majority of photos are of state visits?
I just think it's odd...from the beginning people thought Diana and Charles were the "perfect" pair but it just goes to show, you never really know...

people thought Diana and Charles were the "perfect" pair but it just goes to show, you never really know...[/QUOTE]

Charles and Diana hardly knew each other before they married, according to Diana in one her her tapes, they only met 13 times before they got married.

Whereas Fredrik and Mary knew each oher for 3 years before they got married and communicated a lot.

Diana and Charles never looked happy. She was too young and he was not interested in her. It was just a "marriage of convenience," as they say, because she was young, pretty, and innocent, and he needed to get married (to get his dear Mama off his back).

Fred and Mary found and chose each other. They dated independent from any pressures from the royal court. When it got serious, it was THEN that Mary was brought into the whole royal aspect of the relationship. I think Diana and Charles never actually got to find each other and fall in love like Fred and Mary did.

That's very true, Charles and Diana did hardly know each other when they married but regardless of how they may have looked it photos, it didn't stop millions of people from watching "The Wedding of the Century" as it was dubbed. On top of that, even as rumors began to spring up about their unhappiess, people still wanted to believe it was some sort of fairytale.

I completely agree with you that the relationships between the two couples are very different but regardless, you cant tell what's going on behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Norwegian Se og Hør had at the time of the trip a four page article about Marys fashion, I have cut it and scanned it

1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7)

Translation of the norwegian captions
1) Woman for her hat. Frederik was constantly smiling of his beautiful wife, they are a perfect match

Fresh peach: Green, red and blue jewellerys, purpel bag and peach dress, Mary was ready for a colourful eavning

2)Wearing a pink halter top and a blue skirt everyone was blown away at the red cross gala

3)Shining in black, the dress is made in Denmark but the middle part give her a touch of old rome

A slim white dress and belt with shoes from Chanel, Mary lives up to the role a style icon ala Jackie:cool:

Blood red dress, drop earrings and diamond neclace. Mary shined at the goverments dinner

4) In bloom:Mary went for the springs fashion with a flower skirt, notice how the belt picks up the colour of the skirt

Elegant entre, even after a long trip Mary looked rested, for the arrival she chose a cream coat and leather loafers

5) Elegant and proper, skirt hem over the knee and a long armed cardigan is perfect for church

6) Mary is on top of everything that happens and dresses for occation. On a sailtrip she chose shorts and jacket like everyone else

Well dressed, Mary has noticed that white is popular with the stars theese days

This romantic white top is perfect for Mary the white pants in silk is her favourite

7) Mistake: The dress with matching cardigan is fun but the shoes should have been another colour

Larzen said:
Norwegian Se og Hør had at the time of the trip a four page article about Marys fashion, I have cut it and scanned it

Translation of the norwegian captions
1) Woman for her hat. Frederik was constantly smiling of his beautiful wife, they are a perfect match

Fresh peach: Green, red and blue jewellerys, purpel bag and peach dress, Mary was ready for a colourful eavning

2)Wearing a pink halter top and a blue skirt everyone was blown away at the red cross gala

3)Shining in black, the dress is made in Denmark but the middle part give her a touch of old rome

A slim white dress and belt with shoes from Chanel, Mary lives up to the role a style icon ala Jackie:cool:

Blood red dress, drop earrings and diamond neclace. Mary shined at the goverments dinner

4) In bloom:Mary went for the springs fashion with a flower skirt, notice how the belt picks up the colour of the skirt

Elegant entre, even after a long trip Mary looked rested, for the arrival she chose a cream coat and leather loafers

5) Elegant and proper, skirt hem over the knee and a long armed cardigan is perfect for church

6) Mary is on top of everything that happens and dresses for occation. On a sailtrip she chose shorts and jacket like everyone else

Well dressed, Mary has noticed that white is popular with the stars theese days

This romantic white top is perfect for Mary the white pants in silk is her favourite

7) Mistake: The dress with matching cardigan is fun but the shoes should have been another colour
Thank you Larsen
You have always seem to be one of the nagative agenda types. when it was about mary. I was wrong:D Sory:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:
Well I did not write the article myself;) :D
Ha ha ha. Oh, by the way, I love your avatar. :D Thanks for posting the article. I don't like the 'fresh peach' comparison/description.

Wonderful Royals on their Australian tour of Sydney.Crown Princess Mary looks beautiful together with her handsome husband,Crown Prince Frederik.Looking forward to their next trip down under next year.

I cant wait either!!!! It seems so long since they were last here even though it wasnt that long ago :p

Yes, Thank you all for the lovely pictures.I agree HRH Crown Princess Mary is very lovelyand so is HRH Crown Prince Frederik very handsome.Quite a couple. Love viewing this couple.

Wow, this is a wonderful pic and its the first time I've seen it!!

Thanks for posting it! :)

February 27, 2005: Prince Frederik and Princess Mary race their Farr 40 yachts against each other on the Sydney Harbor in a best of three match series.

Anp
I met a lady in a lift two days ago who ran into CP Mary at the yacht club where this race was held - in the ladies public toilets no less. (We were both suprised a private facility wasn't available to her.) CP Mary was combing her hair, and the lady I just met asked her "How did you go?". CP Mary told her she "won and that meant she won the series". I was in my flat above the yatch club at the time of the race and did look out while they were in that area of the harbour. They was a moment when Mary's yacht turned close by Frederick's - saw that and then it was on the news that night. Bit dramatic. Anyway, this lady is still talking about her brush with royalty - and I don't blame her - I should have got myself down there and seen them drive in and out. (Silly me.)

Last edited:
SYDNEY, NSW - MARCH 07: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark unveil a Hans Christian Andersen bust on March 7, 2005 at Observatory Hill in Sydney, Australia. Princess Mary was appointed an honorary Hans Christian Andersen ambassador by Prince Frederik today, the bicentenary of Andersen's birth.

Some photos I took when I had my camera and was at Observatory Hill. (Last year I think - sunshine anyway.)

Attachments

• IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3808.jpg
    IMG_3808.jpg