Prince Frederik & Princess Mary's Official Visit to Australia: Feb. 27-March 11, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she looks gorgeous! There is no other crown princess that can wear a gala dress like Mary. She looks very regal and absolutely stunning!

I think the dress is stunning and she looks fantastic.

Aaah...

Last one. Courtesy SMH

For the romantics ...

Attachments

• SMH3.jpg
    SMH3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
The gown doesn´t grab me either. I think it´s because it´s awful when she raises her arms, and the arm pits and bulging arms look too muscular and spoil the feminity of the gown. It shows too much flesh for my liking. But those of you who like it, don´t get mad! It´s just my personal reaction to the gown.

Thanks for the photos and articles. I think that Mary looks very elegant at the Red Cross Ball.

Princess Mary arrives for gala ball
19:51 AEDT Wed Mar 2 2005

Australian-born Princess Mary greeted children and waved to well-wishers as she arrived for a Red Cross charity dinner in Sydney.

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik are guests of honour at the Red Cross 90th Anniversary Gala dinner, at Sydney's Westin Hotel.

Dressed in a pale pink silk halterneck top and floor-length layered midnight blue skirt, Princess Mary was presented with a bouquet of bright pink roses from a young girl waiting outside the hotel.

The couple posed for photos with the girl and waved to onlookers before heading inside.

Former prime ministers Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser are among the high-profile attendees at the benefit gala to celebrate 90 years of the Australian Red Cross.

Singers Delta Goodrem, wearing a full-length yellow tea rose gown, and Olivia Newton-John, wearing a green chiffon gown, will perform to more than 900 people at the A-list dinner.

Earlier on Wednesday, Princess Mary was cheered by hundreds of waving, delighted children during an impromptu walk in Sydney.

The children had gathered across the road from an eastern suburbs women's shelter where she made a private visit.

Clutching flowers and dressed in a pink floral skirt, white top and white tailored jacket, Princess Mary walked over to the crowd, trailed by officials.

She spent 15 minutes chatting, shaking hands and accepting flowers from the schoolchildren lined up along a high wall.

"Thank you for coming to see me," she told children as she prepared to leave.

They replied with a chorus of "bye, Princess Mary" before she stepped into her chauffeured car and drove away.

Princess Mary's unscripted walk follows criticism from Danish media that she and Crown Prince Frederik have not been mingling with the locals during their Australian tour.

logo_aap.jpg

©AAP 2005

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=45015

Thank you everyone for the photos. Mary looks stunning. I love everything about what she wore. The skirt is incredibly beautiful and the colour of the halter-neck suits her so well. I don't know about her hair though. I really like those earrings.

I agree! I can see how some might think this dress is pretty but I also didn't like how it showed her underarms. Too much skin! But maybe I'm just being prudish? ;-)

Thanks for the photos and articles. I'm not sure about Mary's Dress but i do loveeeee the Flowers :)

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful photos, information and comments. Frederik and Mary look very happy, content and in love!

Regarding the gala outfit: I'm less than wild about it. I do think that Mary's wedding earrings that she wore are just stunning.

the press still wrights crown prince frederik and princess mary

Red cross gala dinner:

maryfred-1a.jpg
The Aussie royal arrives for the bash with her husband, Prince Frederik
Photo: © AFP

maryfred-2a.jpg

Australian singer/actress Delta Goodrem was turning heads in a delicate yellow gown

maryfred-3a.jpg
Mary was presented with a bunch of flowers which perfectly matched her outfit

maryfred-4a.jpg
Eighties star Olivia Newton-John was also on the VIP guest list

Princess Mary confirmed a style queen:

2 MARCH 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/02/maryandfrederik/#enviarThere was no doubt who was the belle of the ball when Australia's favourite royal arrived for a gala dinner in Sydney. Princess Mary was greeted by a huge crowd of well-wishers when she made her entrance at a fundraising bash for the Australian Red Cross on Tuesday night.

And although there were plenty of elegant gowns to be seen on the night, it was the Danish royal who shone the brightest. Accompanied by her husband Crown Prince Frederik, the 33-year-old set flashbulbs blazing with a pink silk halterneck top and midnight-blue floor-length skirt.

It was a stroke of good luck that the little girl who presented her with flowers outside the venue seemed to share her impeccable taste. The youngster handed the VIP guest a bunch of bright pink roses that complemented her outfit perfectly. Also turning heads at the glitzy bash were singer Delta Goodrem, in a full-length yellow tea rose gown, and Olivia Newton-John, who opted for green chiffon.

Since they started their official visit on Sunday Mary and her husband have been welcomed by hordes of fans everywhere they have gone. And their popularity was further boosted when Frederik, who came a humble 23rd in a yacht race on Sunday, proved what a good sport he was by buying beers for all the other crews.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/02/maryandfrederik/

I like what mary wore in the gala dinner:the colours and the combinaison,but i find that the top is a bit daring and bold for a royal!

CP.Mary looked gorgeous as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
i know that maxima has worn something like marys dress and maybe even mathilde

Attachments

• bezoek_noorwegen.jpg
    bezoek_noorwegen.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 318
  • bezoek_noorwegen.jpg
    bezoek_noorwegen.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 574
  • ny3.jpg
    ny3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
I think she looks lovely.

Thank you for the photos.

Ok, after seeing a few more photos of the dress, I do think it is much nicer than I originally thought. I think that the pink looks lovely on her! (I originally thought the dress was white and black.) And I LOVE the photo with her holding the flowers!

From www.bt.dk (Translation summary please)

Mary tråde ud af det planlagte program for at gå rundt og hilse på de mere end 300 skolebørn, som havde stillet sig op i lange rækker for at få et glimt af prinsessen. Foto: Ernst van Norde

»Hygge hejsa«: For første gang under det officielle besøg i Australien gik Mary på sine tårnhøje stiletter ud af programmet, og i ti minutter lod hun chauffør og hele sit følge vente for at gå rundt og hilse på de mere end 300 skolebørn, som havde stillet sig op i lange rækker for at få et glimt af prinsessen. Foto: Ernst van Norde

Attachments

• 270112.jpg
    270112.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 408
  • 270110.jpg
    270110.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 336
More pictures of the Red Cross Ball from Fotomarktplatz. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 028001.jpg
    028001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 029101.jpg
    029101.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 062501.jpg
    062501.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 296
  • 063001.jpg
    063001.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 063201.jpg
    063201.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 069001.jpg
    069001.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 800
  • 070201.jpg
    070201.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 417
  • 071401.jpg
    071401.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 0228017.jpg
    0228017.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 290
Mandy said:
From www.bt.dk (Translation summary please)

Mary tråde ud af det planlagte program for at gå rundt og hilse på de mere end 300 skolebørn, som havde stillet sig op i lange rækker for at få et glimt af prinsessen.

»Hygge hejsa«: For første gang under det officielle besøg i Australien gik Mary på sine tårnhøje stiletter ud af programmet, og i ti minutter lod hun chauffør og hele sit følge vente for at gå rundt og hilse på de mere end 300 skolebørn, som havde stillet sig op i lange rækker for at få et glimt af prinsessen.

Mary went from the planned schedule to go around to greet the more than 300 schoolchildren, some of which had to calm themselves into long rows in order to catch a glimpse of the princess.

Happy greetings: For the first time on her official visit to Australia, Mary went out to greet the public in her "tower high" stillettos and with her chauffeur waiting for 10 minutes, she walked around to greet the schoolchildren.

Dennism said:
Mary went from the planned schedule to go around to greet the more than 300 schoolchildren, some of which had to calm themselves into long rows in order to catch a glimpse of the princess.

Happy greetings: For the first time on her official visit to Australia, Mary went out to greet the public in her "tower high" stillettos and with her chauffeur waiting for 10 minutes, she walked around to greet the schoolchildren.

Thanks Dennis for taking the time to translate these captions.

Josefine said:
i know that maxima has worn something like marys dress and maybe even mathilde

dont forget Countess of Wessex also! she had white collars with longer skirts or pants i think so im not sure!

Sara Boyce

Yes, thanks to the multi-talented Dennis.

I should point out that these aren't your ordinary everyday school children.

They are from one of Sydney's elite (and very expensive) private schools.

Apparently the school staff spotted the advance party, put two and two together, and got the kids out ready to greet the Crown Princess. It was an unscheduled stop in the program (unless someone had tipped them off to give the Danish media their wished-for photo-op.)

March 3, 2005: Princess Mary at the Mental Health Foundation of Australia Luncheon at the Four Seasons Hotel.

Newspix

Mary has become bold on this trip, her sense of dressing certainly reflects that. I don't like the suit she is wearing, too shiny for me. But I do like the top she is wearing underneath, very becoming. Also, love the Prada heels, actually one of my favorites.

Attachments

• 17823661.jpg
    17823661.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 17823778.jpg
    17823778.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 17823779.jpg
    17823779.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 17823780.jpg
    17823780.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 17823781.jpg
    17823781.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 17823782.jpg
    17823782.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 17823783.jpg
    17823783.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 346
sara1981 said:
dont forget Countess of Wessex also! she had white collars with longer skirts or pants i think so im not sure!

Sara Boyce
Yes, i also remember that The Countess of Wessex also have a cream one similar to Mary's one.The Countess worn that last year.

Pics from Anp

Attachments

• 2558319.jpg
    2558319.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 2558323.jpg
    2558323.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 2558324.jpg
    2558324.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 2558326.jpg
    2558326.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 52269038.jpg
    52269038.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 52269039.jpg
    52269039.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 261
  • 52269041.jpg
    52269041.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Thanks again pdas1201. Sterling effort in the photo department yesterday!

That last photo in the above set: Mary just loves her stilettos. They look lethal.

Any chance of someone suggesting to NewsPix that they use a more subtle watermark?

Warren said:
Thanks again pdas1201. Sterling effort in the photo department yesterday!

That last photo in the above set: Mary just loves her stilettos. They look lethal.

Any chance of someone suggesting to NewsPix that they use a more subtle watermark?

You are most welcome, Warren:)

I know the watermark on the pics from Newspix, they marr the whole image. Some of them, you can't even see the facial expressions due to the wonderful watermarks. But, since they are in Australia, they get the first pics and the best.

Back
Top Bottom