The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2016, 03:53 AM
Majesty

I need a little help here and knowing the members of the TRF I'm absolutely certain someone is in the know.

I've been PM'd a question that is way out of my field.

Apparently there is a description out there of what Mary was wearing when she and Frederik first met.
The person who asked have come up with black pants and a green blouse - but a white T-shirt also seems to have been an alternative.

So, can anyone help, please?
See it as a summer/winter challenge.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The day they met she wore black pants and a green top :)

Old 07-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Less than four hours!

Thanks, Roskilde.

I knew someone would know.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Apparently there is a description out there of what Mary was wearing when she and Frederik first met.
The person who asked have come up with black pants and a green blouse - but a white T-shirt also seems to have been an alternative.

So, can anyone help, please?
i thought there was a picture of mary at the party where they met, am i right?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

The magazine article I have of the night they met shows a knitted crop top with a halter neck tie. Sort of stripey horizontal colours mostly in green. Nothing flash or fancy. Her hair is tied back in a pony tail, and she is wearing gold drop earrings. Looks like jeans with a silver belt. This photo was on the dance floor. The second photo shows her eating and her hair is loose, but wearing the same top. She looks up in surprise, unprepared for the photo.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:31 AM
Courtier

Any Australian Mary followers interested in checking out where she and Frederik spent time together in Oz before the Danish journalists identified her just a month later...

...Channel Nine's "Getaway" next Saturday evening is doing a report on "El Questro".

The couple went there in October 2002.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:59 AM
Majesty

Interesting, Sun Lion.

You can read about it here in an article from my archive: https://app.box.com/s/a1hennyazqwoui0t7tple9gwt99h1olw
Old 09-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Hi Muhler.

Did you ever archive anything about Mary's time in Paris?

There used to be a blog from a young American guy who had been in the same class as Mary at the Transfer school, taking the course to become an instructor in teaching business English.

I used to have it "saved", but took my tablet back to factory settings when it got too many bugs and started to hang a lot - and wiped everything.

I remember he wrote in his post about how tough it had been - only he and Mary completed it.

I don't think it's around on the internet anymore.

Hi Tarlita.

Does you magazine article have any other photos from the night that Mary and Frederik met - other than the one of Mary at the table and the one of her back as she is dancing?

There used to be a photo of Frederik dancing with another young lady in the foreground with Mary dancing with someone else in the background, taken by someone in their group that first, or maybe second, night.

That too no longer seems to be on the internet.

(P.S. For Aussies and the El Questro feature - "Getaway" is on late afternoon next Saturday instead of it's usual timeslot because of the footy.)
Old 09-04-2016, 03:05 AM
Majesty

Alas, Sun Lion.

My archive only goes back to around 2008 - with a few exceptions.

I hope someone will write a review or post a link when the show is aired.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Alas, Sun Lion.

My archive only goes back to around 2008 - with a few exceptions.

I hope someone will write a review or post a link when the show is aired.

This episode will soon be - if it's not already - on the internet, now that it has been broadcast Muhler.

I can't post links on my tablet, but "Getaway- 9Now - Channel 9" should bring it up. It will be the "latest episode" for a week.

Kathy Lette hosted, but didn't bring up CP Mary - although Nicole Kidman was mentioned twice.

You may find her on screen persona jarring.

(Australia is now so PC that Kathy is the only one left making jokes.)

Footage is good to give you an idea of the WA landscape - which of course the whole CP Family visited last year on their road trip.

I couldn't open your link above, but you have a very informative post some pages back in this thread with lots of detail of Mary and Frederik's El Questro experience.

I think the water-hole that Kathy is filmed in, is the same one quoted in your post as the one Mary took a dip in. (And which Frederik wouldn't!)
Old 09-10-2016, 06:13 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Sun Lion.

Alas, it appears it is not possible to view anything outside Australia.

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson