The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The setting, the lighting, dress, posing, theme and so on, and state an opinion based on that?
I loved that the furniture was unpacked. An unconvential scene for a residence you'd have anticipated as already being 'functional' in some manner or form. And I was very happy to notice the furntire as being either Louis XVI or Empire in appearance.

Christian is turning into such a dashing little man. And what beautfiul eyes he is.

The portrait of Mary and Isabella was so darling. I quite admired the black tulle Mary wore in the picture as well. I've long wanted Mary to have a gown much the same as Queen Magrethe's black tulle evening gown so I hope if it didn't belong to Mary, prior to the photo session, that it now does. It worked well against the tangerine blouse and the neck scarf was a nice addition. Very soft and feminine.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
"

"well-known", hahaha~~

Funny! Your comment seems like just bass on your feeling to me, you can either agree or disagree my post but please don't use "well-known" to describe my feeling and views, everyone's comment is expressing one's feeling only but not the others, that's so unfair to the others. It's too much non make sense!!!

And, even I am not the fans of them doesn't mean that i hate them, I follow their act as other royals but I found that other royals do not show their privite lives like the Danish Crown family, to be honest, I don't think that's a good development of monarch. Christian and Isabella and also the twins would suffer harshly from the media in the future as you know our lives will become mych and much high-technology!
Of course I can write well-known - when your views are well-known! There's no hokus pokus in that.

Well, whether we want to see the royal's private lives is a matter of taste and tradition isn't it - and probably widely different from country to country and from one individual to the other.
If Christian and Isabella and the twins learn how to act around the media and handle them from an early age, it will be doing them a great favour. Hiding them from the media and believing it will make things easier for them when the finally come out of hiding, is rather naive to believe IMO.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Majesty

Thank you, Zonk

myroyal's: PHOTOS FROM MARY&FREDER

Returning to the actual photos.

My two favourites are the one of Christian with Frederik in the background. I think it's very telling of a relationship between a dad and his son.

The one with Frederik and the falcon is actually good. I think it illustrates Frederik's mixed personality and his role in a funny way. I prefer it to be in black and white.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Courtier

I will never understand where all the hate for Princess Mary is coming from.
i have the feeling this photoshoot was once again a perfect target for all those people who love to criticise her.
Charlene Wittstock did a 'fashion' photoshoot recently too but it didn't cause a 6 pages discussion.
i wonder if it would cause a discussion like this if any other royal would have done this photo shoot.
this is my feeling about this thread.
i like the pictures. they are nice to look at. i really like the picture of christian and frederik. christian really is a handsome boy.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

May it be possible that Christian and Isabella got talent in art from their paternal grandmother?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...600/3313-1.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Actually the Charlene photoshoot did call for a lot of discussion. There were a lot of comments regarding if it was appropriate or not.

I actually have some thoughts on why Mary provokes such a wide range of feelings...but this isn't the place to discuss it.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
And here is where my cynicism, regarding Mary comes into play...I am sure the offer to appear in the magazine was presented to both of them, Frederik was probably reluctant, because he looks like a simple, private man BUT I imagine Mary however would have been brimming with excitement and had to really work on making Fred come around and agree to doing it...
Interestingly the most people who have gotten to know Mary, even before Mary met Frederik, say that she is a very private person who doesn't like standing in the limelight.

So basically you are criticising Mary for something you think she is. And you claim that Fred has no own will and falls over easily even if he doesn't want what he should be persuaded.

And I am not saying that it was Mary who persuaded Fred, it isn't even sure that Fred needed to be convinced. Perhaps it was even Fred who convinced Mary? Who knows?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quite a few posts have been removed from this thread as they contained, amongst other things: personal attacks and arguments with other members, unconstructive criticism, speaking on behalf of others, empty posts. These posts added nothing to this thread apart from derailing it.

Please remember to stick to the topic of the thread and to treat other members with respect - treat others the way you wish to be treated.

So could we please return to the topic of this thread - the interview/photo shoot done with German Vogue - and not Mary's commoner background, how they may have come about doing this photo shoot, etc.

If you have any questions or queries about this thread/a post, please contact a Danish forum moderator.

JessRulz,
for the Danish Mods
Old 12-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
is not true. mary donaldson is not royal or noble or aristocratic. just royal by marriage and it shows.
Usually the reganant of a country decides who is considered to be Royal or noble or an aristocrat. All aristocrats of today are only that because their ancestors or they themselves were at one point in time ennobled by their monarch. Thus, HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark is Royal, as her queen declared her so.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I disagree that royals are equal to celebrities and I dont think that they are supposed to become celebrities, simply because they have a state funded purpose.

Its another low that M&F promote themselves in a tacky homestory like celebrities who want other people to know how well off and perfect they are.

For that reason I dislike all photos, leaving the fact aside that they are technically well done, as usual with Vogue.

This photo of Mary is the perfect example of what they are - somebody said earlier fun and nonsense - and obviously aim to be.
http://1.1.1.5/bmi/3.bp.blogspot.com.../s1600/339.jpg

The average pregnant celebrity attention seeker will pose naked, of course Mary cant do that, instead showing off what identifies her as a royal, tiara and jewellery.

If this is what is supposed to be the new & fresh monarchy of the 21st century, then good night Denmark (and everybody else, like Monaco, going down a similar path).
Old 12-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

You don't feel that you are putting a tiny, weeny bit too much into this??
Old 12-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I disagree that royals are equal to celebrities and I dont think that they are supposed to become celebrities, simply because they have a state funded purpose.

Its another low that M&F promote themselves in a tacky homestory like celebrities who want other people to know how well off and perfect they are.

For that reason I dislike all photos, leaving the fact aside that they are technically well done, as usual with Vogue.

This photo of Mary is the perfect example of what they are - somebody said earlier fun and nonsense - and obviously aim to be.
http://1.1.1.5/bmi/3.bp.blogspot.com.../s1600/339.jpg

The average pregnant celebrity attention seeker will pose naked, of course Mary cant do that, instead showing off what identifies her as a royal, tiara and jewellery.

If this is what is supposed to be the new & fresh monarchy of the 21st century, then good night Denmark (and everybody else, like Monaco, going down a similar path).
I tend to agree with you. Was the photoshoot for a charity?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I love all the photos and I think Mary looks lovely in them all I am still not sure what the big deal is here. It's Vogue and that is hardly and shabby publication I like it all anyway and the red looks really gorgeous as does the photo of Mary and her daughter on the floor ..cute.IMO
Old 12-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the photos...they all look great.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Speculation yes, but there have been many articles about how Mary has made Frederik more "approachable" to his future subjects and improved relationships generally within the DRF. How true this is is anyones guess however, the family do seem a lot less remote when in public, and you have to admit, that photo shoot is a bit of fun and nonsense.
This is a good thing, I would think, to make Fred more approachable and to improve the relationships within the family. In any event I wasn't commenting on this but on a post that had a complete scenario of how this shoot came to be and that Mary orchestrated the entire thing. That is pure speculation and paints Mary in a bad light.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royals ARE celebrities. Not in the same sense that Angelina Jolie or Miley Cyrus are celebrities, but they're still celebrities. All the hand-wringing over this photo shoot is hilarious to me. You'd think they were photographed covered in pig's blood and writing upside down pentagrams on the walls.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
is not true. mary donaldson is not royal or noble or aristocratic. just royal by marriage and it shows.
My goodness, that applies to most, if not all, of the CPS today! Maxima, Letizia, Kate, Mette-Marit...the list goes on! Mary certainly does her adopted country proud. Diana often posed in Vogue. Did it show that she wasn't royal by birth?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Royals ARE celebrities. Not in the same sense that Angelina Jolie or Miley Cyrus are celebrities, but they're still celebrities. All the hand-wringing over this photo shoot is hilarious to me. You'd think they were photographed covered in pig's blood and writing upside down pentagrams on the walls.
Yes, things do get blow out of proportion with this couple don't they. It seems it is OK for anyone else to be in Vogue or other publications... but let M&F do it and they are the worse royals ever. The DRF will fall because of their photos. Someone used Charles as how a royal should be admired and how to behave. You might want to go back and rethink that one. He is certainly not a poster child for how a royal should behave or be admired.

I never had any desire to see Denmark until I learned of Mary. Now that is one place on my to go list. I will bring my dollars with me and help support the economy.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

I like few photos - Frederik&Christian, Mary&Isabella on the floor, Frederik&falcon, Christian&Isabella.
All photos are well done (too much photoshop, but it's VOGUE and it's typical for this kind of photoshoots). I don't get the pictures in gala outfits between the boxes. I know that they want to show their new house, but in my opinion casual clothes could be better, more natural (like in Mary&Isabella pic).
And if the interview is about the renovation of Amalienborg, modern art and the furniture what we can see at the photo with CP in red dress? A wall? It's nice wall, but still just a wall.
Too much in my opinion. They want good, but for me it is a little fake and unnatural.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the photoshoot did exactly what Frederick and Mary wanted, reconcile the ancient with the modern. And it goes to show just how uncomfortable people are with change and modernization. The inevitable truth is that royals are celebrities and in this day and age of the media you have to be seen to be remembered and, more importantly, be heard. I thought the photoshoot was lovely, artistic, familiar, and a nice balance between contemporary and vintage. And most importantly, good fun. People don't want their "leaders and idols" to be entirely serious anymore. The modern generation needs to see that tongue in cheek humour to help relate to them. Bravo Vogue, I look forward to more collaborations with Royals!

On a side note, I agree with you Madame Royal. The photo with Mary and Isabella on the floor is my favorite and I do hope she owns that tulle dress now! A