The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Can you post a picture of the cover...So I can see what I am looking for...please?

Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

This is the cover of the January 2011 edition of German Vogue, the edition which has the Amalienborg feature. When I checked Borders in December, the latest German Vogue they had was the October 2010 edition (which was released in September), so they are about three months behind.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Courtier

I was going to try 'Mag nation' on Elizabeth Street in the city...And there are other mag nation's around Melbourne...Thanks for the pic, that will help in my search!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

This is the cover of the January 2011 edition of German Vogue, the edition which has the Amalienborg feature. When I checked Borders in December, the latest German Vogue they had was the October 2010 edition (which was released in September), so they are about three months behind.
Yes, that´s right. I just got mine in December, so I thought it was the December Edition
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
I think it says they all posed is the hallway, at least that's how the translation looks:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Königlicher Stil, Dynamik und eine perfekt dosierte Prise Humor: die königlichen Hoheiten Kronprinz Frederik von Dänemark, Kronprinzessin Mary von Dänemark, Prinz Christian (5) und Prinzessin Isabella (3) posieren im Großen Saal so würdevoll wie für ein Hofgemälde von Velázquez

Royal style, dynamics and a perfect dose of humor: the Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Prince Christian (5) and Princess Isabella (3) posing in the Great Hall as dignified as a Hofgemälde Velázquez
Excellent translation but to correctly translate (3), it would read:
(3) a noble posing in the Great Hall as if for a Court painting by Velázquez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://1.1.1.3/bmi/media.vogue.de/im.../0.8/50/54.jpg

another vogue shot the gap between royal and celebrity is closing. it should be substance over style, not style over substance. the amount of photoshop these celebrity mags are using in order to sell a fantasy is almost obscene.

sorry I dont get the posing in full gala wear between removal boxes at all.
Absolutely agree with you. It looks a bit trashy. And so do these stately castle rooms with their bold modern art. Oh, I do love art but these bright, abstract paintings so clash with the old, elegant beauty of the castle's interior.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Courtier

I visited that palace when it was open for the public and I couldn't disagree more with you. The rooms don't look trashy at all. Quite on the contrary they look exquisite.
You may like or dislike the paintings (I liked most, disliked only 1) but IMO they do not clash with the interior, just add something very special. Due to the largeness and height of the rooms the paintings are actually less dominant in real life than on photos.
I was quite impressed by the IMO perfect balance between history and modernity, "style and substance" and by the daring innovativeness behind it all.

About the Vogue Shoot: well, perhaps it wasn't necessary. But so far the couple never gave an interview to the German media despite having visited the country several times and you actually could sense some frustration about it. And in Germany (or any other country which abandoned monarchy) there is IMO no gap between celebrity and royalty/nobility.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaBee View Post
Excellent translation but to correctly translate (3), it would read:
(3) a noble posing in the Great Hall as if for a Court painting by Velázquez.
Eeh, I don't get your correction.
You left out: würdevoll and where does noble come in?

As far as I can tell the translation in Cinderella5x post was correct.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

Agreed, würdevoll could be translated as dignified, grand or portly.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaBee View Post
a noble posing in the Great Hall as if for a Court painting by Velázquez.

I have read all the posts on this photo shoot. I think everyone should have their own view. I love most of the royals. Their lives are privileged and they do good works for charity. The way Queen Elizabeth II lives her life is the old way of royals. I think Diana, Princess of Wales was the starting point of modern monarchy. After Princess Diana all the commoners married into royal life. I think all these new royals have brought the royal family of each country closer to their subjects.

When I saw the photos of Crown Prince Fredrick and Crown Princess Mary I thought of a modern court painting by Velazquez call Las-Meninas. Check it out. See the similarity? Velazquez is painting the queen and king in a great hall. The position of the painter is looking out of the canvas to the viewer. Is he painting the queen and king or you, the viewer. Is this reality or illusion? The photo shoot is the same with gowns and boxes. I truly like the photos because is it reality or illusion? If you afraid from the photo shoot of the decline in royalty status, then what is Velazquez painting centuries ago done the Spanish royal family? Art is Art whether you like it and understand it. The Vogue shoot is art in my opinion.

I am a big fan of the crown prince family of Denmark. I see that royalty has modernized since Princess Diana.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Las Meninas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Courtier

Still trying to track down a copy of this edition of the magazine!...it's been a hard slog and I STILL don't have it in my hands...If anyone can help I would really appreciate it...Thanks :)
Old 02-25-2011, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
I found an article with one photo of Mary,Frederik and Christian on the on line German edition of Vogue. It's about their new home. I don't know why Isabella isn't in the photo.

Dänisches Kronprinzenpaar: exklusives VOGUE-Shooting auf Schloss Amalienborg - dänisches Kronprinzenpaar, VOGUE Shooting - VOGUE.COM

Google Traduttore

Mary looks quite nice with this dress. I would like to see more photo and of course Isabella
The photo with Frederik, Cristian and Mary was on the right side page, Isabella was standing to the other side of Frederik and was on the left side of the two page spread. She is standing with her hands on her hips.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Still trying to track down a copy of this edition of the magazine!...it's been a hard slog and I STILL don't have it in my hands...If anyone can help I would really appreciate it...Thanks :)

I can scan it and send it to you, if that helps.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Finally I have a copy of the magazine in my hot little hands...This one I ordered from Magnation, Melbourne and I am afraid I will be the proud owner of two editions...Sternchen, I took your tip and ordered one from overseas before I could cancel the other...but hey, you can never have too many copies of German Vogue with M & F in it

Is it so good to see the photos in front of my face without having to squint at the computer screen, only wish I could read German, but a picture paints a thousand words :)
Old 03-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Well, I provided you with a translation of the text a few pages ago in this thread

Frederik & Mary's Interview with German Vogue about Amalienborg: December 2010
Old 03-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Despite the comments justifying the pictures, I still believe that Mary loves the attention and wants people to know how great her life is. I don't believe that this people who were unknown before are the same as they used to be. I think the pictures are horrible. It is almost like making fun at themselves. In their expensive dresses, the prince in his tuxedo...if you are going to take a family picture, then take one as a real family. I don't see this type of extravagant life style with Maxima or Victoria. It is just too ridiculous. Mary is far from being down to earth, and these pictures prove it. She had a similar photoshoot when she first got married. It seemed like she was a super model and not a member of a royal family. I just don't like this. Sorry.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Despite the comments justifying the pictures, I still believe that Mary loves the attention and wants people to know how great her life is. I don't believe that this people who were unknown before are the same as they used to be. I think the pictures are horrible. It is almost like making fun at themselves. In their expensive dresses, the prince in his tuxedo...if you are going to take a family picture, then take one as a real family. I don't see this type of extravagant life style with Maxima or Victoria. It is just too ridiculous. Mary is far from being down to earth, and these pictures prove it. She had a similar photoshoot when she first got married. It seemed like she was a super model and not a member of a royal family. I just don't like this. Sorry.
Fair enough, that's your opinion.

You say: "I don't believe that this people who were unknown before are the same as they used to be". I suppose you mean M&F?
Well, the magazine is for the German market and those who are interested in royalty in Germany are fully aware of who the various members of the European royal families are as the German weeklies write about all of them all the time, so M&F may have been unknown in USA but not by a large segment of the population in Germany.
As for not being the same as they were before, i.e. before they met. No, I sincerely hope not.
All of us change as we go through life, for good or for worse. The notion of "I'm the same as I've always been" only applies to basic traits of your character. These traits are important however.

I'm not that keen on this photoshoot either, it doesn't really speak to me but that's all. A question of taste.
However M&F are not afraid of trying something new, an unorthodox approach - and in that respect you should perhaps more likely blame Frederik. He is very interested in art, not least paintings. I don't know about Mary's interest in art beforehand, I just have a feeling that he has influenced her a great deal.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Fair enough, that's your opinion.

You say: "I don't believe that this people who were unknown before are the same as they used to be". I suppose you mean M&F?
Well, the magazine is for the German market and those who are interested in royalty in Germany are fully aware of who the various members of the European royal families are as the German weeklies write about all of them all the time, so M&F may have been unknown in USA but not by a large segment of the population in Germany.
As for not being the same as they were before, i.e. before they met. No, I sincerely hope not.
All of us change as we go through life, for good or for worse. The notion of "I'm the same as I've always been" only applies to basic traits of your character. These traits are important however.

I'm not that keen on this photoshoot either, it doesn't really speak to me but that's all. A question of taste.
However M&F are not afraid of trying something new, an unorthodox approach - and in that respect you should perhaps more likely blame Frederik. He is very interested in art, not least paintings. I don't know about Mary's interest in art beforehand, I just have a feeling that he has influenced her a great deal.

Thanks. I appreciate your honesty, and I do see your point. We both have different opinions, but it is interesting to see another viewpoint. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I really agree with you, as much as I admire Mary and the hard work she has done to get to the place she is now, very well put!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't see this type of extravagant life style with Maxima or Victoria. It is just too ridiculous. Mary is far from being down to earth, and these pictures prove it.
Is it "down to earth" to spend a six week honeymoon on a millionaire friend's expense? Or to build/buy a holiday house in Mozambique?
You don't see this type of extravagant life style with Maxima or Victoria? Now that is just too ridiculous!