Frederik and Mary Visit Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany: September 27-28, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will be on a two-day-visit to the
federal state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in the north of Germany on September
27th and 28th, 2010, the state chancellery of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern announced
today. They've been invited by the federal state's Prime Minister Erwin Sellering and
will visit the cities Schwerin, Stralsund, Rostock and Güstrow.

A children's jazz concert and a visit to a porcelain exhibition will be part of the programme,
but the main theme will be the neighbourhood project "Re:connect" that aims to revive
the historically close cultural ties between Denmark and the new federal states in Germany.
In June Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway had been in
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as well!

** press report ** article in German **

Summmary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2010.
På tysk lynvisit - Short visit to Germany.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

On the 27-28. September Mary and Frederik will vist Mecklenburg-Vorpommeren. They will bare have touched down and been recieved by the local PM Erwin Sellerina and his wife before being rushed off to Stralsund.
Here they will see a harbour museum and Schwerin Schloss, the birthplace of Queen Alexandrine. Here they will end the day with a dinner.
They will spend the night at the posh hotel Niederländishe Hof.
The next day Mary will visit a clinic for children with cancer, while Frederik visit a oceanic research institute.

The official programme of the visit has been released:

Monday, September 27:

9:30 - Arrival at the airport of Rostock-Laage, reception by the federal state's Prime Minister Erwin Sellering and his wife

10:45 - Visit to the Alter Markt (old market place) at the Hansestadt Stralsund, inscription into the city's golden book, guided tour of St. Nicolai church

11:20 - Visit to the maritime museum Ozeaneum

15:55 - Visit to Schwerin Castle

17:00 - Opening of the exhibition "The Flora Danica Table Service. Botany on the table" which shows elements of Flora Danica porcelain at the State Museum Schwerin

19:45 - Reception and dinner at Schwerin Castle

Tuesday, September 28:

9:00 - Walk through the city of Schwerin to the marketplace

10:20 - Visit to the college for music and theatre of Rostock, concert with 75 schoolchildren

11:45 - Crown Princess Mary visits the cancer unit of the Rostock University's paediatric and youth clinic

12:00 - Crown Prince Frederik visits the Leibniz-Institut for Baltic Sea research Warnemünde on research in the Baltic Sea ecosystem

Joint programme:

15:45 - Visit to the cathedral in Güstrow

16:30 - Visit to the Palace of Güstrow, fare-well-reception with Erwin Sellering and his wife

source: kongehuset.dk

Do we know which events aren't joint?

Dazz, all events are joined besides the two where I've added "Crown Princess
Mary" and "Crown Prince Frederik".

Dazz, all events are joined besides the two where I've added "Crown Princess
Mary" and "Crown Prince Frederik".

Oh thanks. I got mixed up since I sew some events with their names in and other not and then below joint program with 2 events under.

The Crown Prince couple has just arrived, the visit has started!

Here's the first pic from the airport:

** Pic **

Thank you Iceflower and Paty :flowers:
And one of my favourite coats as well -and I believe a headpiece she has used for another German visit if I remember correctly; last time it was paired with a dark blue blouse with short sleeves.

Yes Mary's red headwear was worn to Flensburg in Schleswig Holstein - now Northern Germany- May 2009. The skirt was a sort of grey with large burgundy flowers. Schwerrin castle has a long history and some lovely rooms. Hope Mary enjoys the visit.

Yes Mary's red headwear was worn to Flensburg in Schleswig Holstein - now Northern Germany- May 2009. The skirt was a sort of grey with large burgundy flowers. Schwerrin castle has a long history and some lovely rooms. Hope Mary enjoys the visit.
Thank you Tarlita :)

Thanks Paty, nice photos.

Princess Mary looks beautiful, she is glowing.
I like the coat.

Last edited:
Princess Mary really does the best job IMO of recycling her clothes. I think she looks great and this was never one of my favorite coats, and now I like it.

Thanks for all the great photos...keep em comin....!!! Love those penquins!

Princess Mary Covers Baby Bump, Plays With Adorable Penguins In Germany (PHOTOS)

Princess Mary of Denmark and her husband Prince Frederik arrived in Stralsund, Germany for a two-day visit to the northern part of the country on Monday. Mary, who is five months pregnant with twins, covered up her baby bump (which has yet to make its debut) in style with a printed coat. The couple visited St. Nikolai church before heading to the Ozeaneum maritime museum and aquarium to feed adorable, tiny penguins. Take a look.

I think Mary should really retire that jacket, it must be the 7th or 8th time she wears it - she looks beautiful though and I love the headgear.

I don't mind seeing this coat again. She only wears it once in a while and Imo it's always nice to see her recycling it.
The pictures of Frederik and Mary feeding the penguins are really cute. :lol:

I don't mind seeing the coat again at all. Very pretty! It looks like it's very cold where they are today.

:previous: Yes, it's cold and rainy nearly all over the country today. It's only about 12°C (about 54°F).

I think Mary should really retire that jacket, it must be the 7th or 8th time she wears it - she looks beautiful though and I love the headgear.

Don't let Princess Anne hear this :ROFLMAO:

Poor Mary cannot win for trying, some people complain about how much money she spends on clothes and then she gets complaints about how often she wears something.

Love the cute little jet that they flew in on. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

I love seeing the coat again, there are some clothes I wish she would recycle.

I love that when she does recycle, especially something so recognizable, she makes it look a little different with hair, shoes, jewelry etc...!

Poor Mary cannot win for trying, some people complain about how much money she spends on clothes and then she gets complaints about how often she wears something.

Love the cute little jet that they flew in on. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

The Challenger?

That's a standard air force transport and surveilliance jet.
Often used to transport dignitaries and small delegations like this one.

They are pretty versatile. They also operate over Greenland, using gravel landing strips and with the increased Danish Canadian co-orporation in the Arctic, they sometimes land in remote air strips in Canada as well.

Wow, they were busy from the moment they stepped off of the plane! Mary starts to look tired by the time they visited Scherwin. Tired, but still beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom