The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 09-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 678
Watching the video of Mary with the crowd on day 2, I see someone held up an Australian flag and another gave her a small stuffed koala bear. So there might have been a few aussie ex pats in the area. Lovely to see an interested crowd of people turn out on a cold week day.
If Fred smiled more it would be better, as he has devasting charm when he chooses to use it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,002
Plenty of DRF stuff in Billed Bladet this week.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #39, 2010.
Mary lavede sjov med pingvinerne - Mary had fun with the penquins.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Monday Mary and Frederik visited the Ozeaneaum in Stralsund, with them went mayor Alexander Badrow.
On the roof nine Humbolds penquins resided and they viewed the commotion in their usual aloof manner and acted cool.
After being handed a bucket with heerings M&F proceeded to feed the well dressed birds. But perhaps less well mannered, because in their eagerness one of the penquins bit Mary in her finger.
Mary smiled: "It certainly isn't every day you are allowed to feed penquins. - There will be something to tell the children, when I come home".
Who was enjoying the feeding session most, M&F or the penquins is difficult to say.
Frederik, alias Pingo, whistled to get some attention and laughed: "It appears we are communicating".

Apparantly the penquins retreated because Mary ended the whole thing by throwing the remaining heerings up in the air: "Come here, you"!

On the way out Mary encountered some kindergarten children (one of the equipped with a plastic tiara) standing around an aquarium with starfish. Mary said: "Oh, may I see", and put her finger down to the starfish, impressing the children.
After that she and the children chatted lively standing around the aquarium. Mary in Danish, the children in German. (No interpreter around).

The article offers no explanation as to why Mary was wearing a reddish plant on her head.

---------------

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #39, 2010.
Her blev min oldemor født - Here my great-grandmother was born.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

M&F also went for a guided tour of Schwerin Schloss, where Frederik's great-grandmother, the late Queen Alexandrine, was born.
With them Minister President Erwin Sellering and his wife Britta. They are newly wed.
To Frederik it was "fanstistic" being there himself, as he has often heard about Schwerin Schloss.
Among a number of documents related to the Danish royal family was the marriage contract between Alexandrine and Prince Christian (later Christian X), signed by Christian IX in 1913.
Today it's the seat of the parliament of Mecklenburg-Vorpommeren.

Frederik speaks German, Mary don't, so she had an interpreter by her side for much of the visit.

There were crowds (*) out to see M&F, okay mostly Mary, and mostly her belly, and most were surprised at how little could be seen.

(*) One of them being an Australian and he handed Mary a Koala bear. I know, I know! But Koalas are called Koala Beras in German and Danish...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,877
"The article offers no explanation as to why Mary was wearing a reddish plant on her head."

Muhler, this made me laugh:)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene View Post
I think he looks great
Me too ! ageing very well IMO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 678
Thanks Muhler for the BB information. Anna Johannesen has a good job following the royal couple around. Do you think Mary and Anna have ever had a private conversation. They would know each other reasonably well by now I would imagine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Thanks Muhler for the BB information. Anna Johannesen has a good job following the royal couple around. Do you think Mary and Anna have ever had a private conversation. They would know each other reasonably well by now I would imagine.
You are welcome Tarlita & Emmily.

They know each other as well as you can without being one on one, I'd say.

They may exchange a few words from time to time, but I don't think Mary chat about more private matters. She is pretty closed in that respect and probably wisely so.
I am in no doubt that Mary know, respect and appreciate Anna Johannesen by now.
Frederik is very protective about his family, according to what Mary herself has said about him.
It is my impression that Mary and Frederik are very careful in regards to the press. Which is why the two most experienced of the BB reporters deal with them.

Prince Henrik has clearly developed a kind of trust, bordering on friendship with two of the BB journalists, Anna Johannesen being one of them.

There are different reporters more or less specialising in particular members of the DRF. And that of course includes establishing a kind of working relationship that hopefully will evolve into trust.

From what I have observed:
Anna Johannesen and Annelise Weimann, deal with the Regent Couple and Mary and Frederik.

Trine Larsen, deal with Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix and Joachim and Marie, when they are together. She has a very good working relationship with Joachim and Alexandra.

Henrik Salling, appears to have developed a good rapport with Marie and she seems to be more open towards him than other journalists.

Ulrik Ulriksen and Helle Skram de Friis are at present a kind of all-round royal reporters, who also have other jobs to attend to.

Ken Richter deal with the DRF when they are in western Denmark. Interestingly they appear to be willing to talk to him. My guess is that it is very much because he simply reports what is actually going on, quote them correctly and leave the speculations on a minimum
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 678
Thanks Muhler for the info. I guess the royals do have to develop some sort of relationship with the press. Just as politicians and celebrities do. After all everyone has a job to do. I guess it becomes sticky when the press start to speculate and editorialize, and end up making false statements. But the pubic can usually read between the lines when it comes to tricky reporting. I know Anna Johannesen has been following Fred since he was a teenager. A TV channel here did a short doco on her here when Mary & Fred visited the Zoo in Tasmana.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-01-2010, 01:30 AM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,404
I wonder how is the organization everytime the have a trip, i mean with their luggage, their cloths , make up etc....... just would be nice to know, may be it would be some good tips for traveling, like me today i am in a hotel for bussines and i forgot the charger for the cell phone, i will have to go and buy one tomorrow! I was taking all my nice clothees from the suitcase, all wrinkle!......just wondering.............. would love to have what she has so tomorrow for my meeting I would love stunning like !
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-01-2010, 02:56 AM
Marika86's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 3,476
Photogallery about their visit on "Berlingske.dk"

Mary viser maven frem i Tyskland | www.berlingske.dk
__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I wonder how is the organization everytime the have a trip, i mean with their luggage, their cloths , make up etc....... just would be nice to know, may be it would be some good tips for traveling, like me today i am in a hotel for bussines and i forgot the charger for the cell phone, i will have to go and buy one tomorrow! I was taking all my nice clothees from the suitcase, all wrinkle!......just wondering.............. would love to have what she has so tomorrow for my meeting I would love stunning like !
Do you mean what to wear? Or who takes care of their clothes?

Often Mary and Frederik bring with them a maid and a valet to take care of their wardrobe. And in Mary's case she also brings her her hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard.
I don't think that was the case on this visit. Mary's outfit were after all pretty straightforward and Frederik can just jump into a suit and tie and that's it.
Apart from that. Large hotels or host nations provide butler service to deal with such things.

As for what to wear. From what I've learned from the behind the scenes docus about the DRF:
The programme for the visit is determined. Then outfits for Mary (or rather her workclothes, because that's basically what it is) are selected based on what is appropriate at a given event. Either something new is bought or something is recycled.
When that is done, the finer details in connection with each event are determined and the host nation recieve some information on what colours Mary is wearing and what style of outfit, so that bouquets matching her outfit can be planned. That happens a considerable time in advance.
So the details regarding an outfit are in place up to several weeks in advance.

Sorry if my explanations are too detailed, but what is obvious to me, may not be obvious to everybody else.

(*) That would have avoided an incident in Japan, when Frederik was young. He had a big hole in one of his socks. Clearly Frederik just put on a sock. A small hole? Never mind. Except that he was required to take off his shoes and that holes in socks tend to grow bigger. So he sat there with a big hole in his sock in the full glare of the media.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Don't they also put silkpaper between clothes so they don't wrinkle?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 678
Poor Frederik !! I imagine he can have a good laugh about it now. There must be many small incidents like the holey sock, which happens over the years, that royals get a good laugh over sooner or later. Although at the time it might not be funny. I will never forget Fred's face when the Governor of Hamburg got too fresh with Mary at the gift exchange at the Mathaie feast dinner. I thought he might want to punch him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Poor Frederik !! I imagine he can have a good laugh about it now. There must be many small incidents like the holey sock, which happens over the years, that royals get a good laugh over sooner or later. Although at the time it might not be funny. I will never forget Fred's face when the Governor of Hamburg got too fresh with Mary at the gift exchange at the Mathaie feast dinner. I thought he might want to punch him.
He does laugh now, the good Frederik

I didn't know that story in Hamburg, please tell about it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Mary and the former Mayor of Hamburg, Ole von Beust, talked while Mary got up from signing the golden book and Fred was standing in the background and looked at them talking.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
duchess inez's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: hamilton, Canada
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Mary and the former Mayor of Hamburg, Ole von Beust, talked while Mary got up from signing the golden book and Fred was standing in the background and looked at them talking.
Is there a picture we can see?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Poor Frederik !! I imagine he can have a good laugh about it now. There must be many small incidents like the holey sock, which happens over the years, that royals get a good laugh over sooner or later. Although at the time it might not be funny. I will never forget Fred's face when the Governor of Hamburg got too fresh with Mary at the gift exchange at the Mathaie feast dinner. I thought he might want to punch him.
wow where did you see that? i would have love to see Mary's and Freddy's face ! what he did or siad to be to fresh with Mary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Do you mean what to wear? Or who takes care of their clothes?

Often Mary and Frederik bring with them a maid and a valet to take care of their wardrobe. And in Mary's case she also brings her her hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard.
I don't think that was the case on this visit. Mary's outfit were after all pretty straightforward and Frederik can just jump into a suit and tie and that's it.
Apart from that. Large hotels or host nations provide butler service to deal with such things.

As for what to wear. From what I've learned from the behind the scenes docus about the DRF:
The programme for the visit is determined. Then outfits for Mary (or rather her workclothes, because that's basically what it is) are selected based on what is appropriate at a given event. Either something new is bought or something is recycled.
When that is done, the finer details in connection with each event are determined and the host nation recieve some information on what colours Mary is wearing and what style of outfit, so that bouquets matching her outfit can be planned. That happens a considerable time in advance.
So the details regarding an outfit are in place up to several weeks in advance.

Sorry if my explanations are too detailed, but what is obvious to me, may not be obvious to everybody else.

(*) That would have avoided an incident in Japan, when Frederik was young. He had a big hole in one of his socks. Clearly Frederik just put on a sock. A small hole? Never mind. Except that he was required to take off his shoes and that holes in socks tend to grow bigger. So he sat there with a big hole in his sock in the full glare of the media.
thank you for the explanation, I was thinking I travel quite a lot, and this packing bussines is quite anoying! not to forget the staff and specially make up, hair staff and toileteries, just i want to find a way to travel with everything , but light and not to frget anything! certenly would help to have a maid with me just to pack and unpack! iron the cloths etc..etc.... wonder if the have a few bags just with all the staff , toileteries, make up etc.. just fortraveling and at home the have the staff again so when they come back home they do not need to unpack, the only thing would be cloths and jewelery
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 678
The Matthiae Mahlzeit feast dinner in Hamburg was in Feb 2006. Mary had just signed the golden book and stood up as the Mayor was speaking to her and there were smiles all round. Fred's facial expression was odd. He had a grin but was thinking something else. I don't know how to post pics, but if you look up Danish Royal Watchers for Feb 2006 you should see the pic there. Mayor Ole von Buest was being very congenial. Its worth it just to see the magnificent banquet hall and Mary looking very glamorous just 4 months after giving birth to Christian.
I should have mentioned when I said Fred wanted to punch him. It was a tonge in cheek comment by me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
I really think he needs shaving or at least trimming that beard, he looks unclean
Yes he apparently thought so, he now has a sharp haircut and trimmed beard.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
The Matthiae Mahlzeit feast dinner in Hamburg was in Feb 2006. Mary had just signed the golden book and stood up as the Mayor was speaking to her and there were smiles all round. Fred's facial expression was odd. He had a grin but was thinking something else. I don't know how to post pics, but if you look up Danish Royal Watchers for Feb 2006 you should see the pic there. Mayor Ole von Buest was being very congenial. Its worth it just to see the magnificent banquet hall and Mary looking very glamorous just 4 months after giving birth to Christian.
I should have mentioned when I said Fred wanted to punch him. It was a tonge in cheek comment by me.
sorry i can not see the photo
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 678
The photo I have Ashelen, is from Majesty magazine and I was sure is was part of the set Danish Royal watchers put on their site. Fred had a grin and then a funny face which kind of said; I'll have to watch this guy who is flirting with my wife. That's how I read it anyway. Mary was naturally smiling at whatever the mayor was saying. Sternchen knows the picture I'm talking about, maybe she can post it, as sadly I don't know how to post yet.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sheikh Hamad & Sheikha Mozah's state visit to Germany: September 29 - Ocober 1, 2010 dazzling Ruling Family of Qatar 11 10-28-2010 02:44 PM
Visit to Mecklenburg - Vorpommern (Germany) - June 12th, 2010 Her_Majesty Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 22 06-14-2010 10:30 AM
Frederik II and Sophie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin norwegianne Danish Royal History 1 11-10-2007 04:25 PM
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Germany; February 17-18, 2006 purple_platinum Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 165 05-29-2006 08:42 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince joachim prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]