The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Wow, what an amazingly busy day!! They did so much today and looked like they enjoyed every bit of it.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora View Post
She looks nice, but CP Fred looks OLD. The beard is unkempt and he looks like an old alcoholic rather than a dashing CP!
I think he looks pensive.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Courtier

I didn't realise what a furore I would cause when I said Mary's black dress was Diana-ish...I meant it in that Diana was partial to the one shoulder gown and after she turfed Charles, her style became shorter hemlines and higher heels...So I see this evolvution happening with Mary (not that she has turfed Fred) but she seems to be growing more confident, with Fred almost 10 years, married for 6 years, almost mother of four, approaching 40 years old and maybe evenly Queenly responsibility, maybe Mary figures her time to be daring and adventurous in a fashion sense is running out....So she is doing a sprint and embracing the time she has left as a young and carefree woman and I like it :)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't let it bother you, Anna. Some people are just a little hypersensitive about anything 'Diana' related.

An occasional wardrobe likeness is hardly worth someone losing their 'cool' over, and it's not as though you were suggesting any notable likeness between either lady. Just their apparel.

Moving on...

Her choice of jewellery contrasts really well with black, but then again gold usually does. Bold, weighted pieces infuse a contemporary edge to her appearance. No surprises there though.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Love that Mary recycled this coat (it's one of my favourite coats of her's). Could have done without the headpiece (or maybe pinned her hair back).
Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Nobility

While Mary was coming down the steps of the plane, Fred was already greeting people. Mary is pregnant, in high heels, surely the chivalris thing to do would be to watch and make sure she didn't trip. It just looks a bit uncaring IMO. Everyone else would wait until he did that. Speaking of Fred, he looks ill and a little untidy -sorry, just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Great pictures of the trip and Mary looks lovely both during the day and smashing in the evening. I know this isn't the Mary Style thread, but I've always loved the coat she was wearing.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Heir Apparent

And some more penquins to delight us this morning: Mary og maven hilste pĺ pingviner | www.bt.dk
Old 09-28-2010, 04:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Day 2: Prince Frederik and Princess Mary walk through the city of Schwerin to the marketplace.

PPE Agency City

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7153/1285664108.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6011/1285664132.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7...7620100928.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5...8920100928.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1...9120100928.jpg

PPE Gallery form the Opening of the Porcelain exhibition and reception
PPE Agency Germany
PPE Agency Gala

Old 09-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Day 2: Prince Frederik and Princess Mary walk through the city of Schwerin to the marketplace.
Fotos zum Artikel - Dänisches Kronprinzenpaar setzt Besuch in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern fort
Some pictures from belga
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenways View Post
While Mary was coming down the steps of the plane, Fred was already greeting people. Mary is pregnant, in high heels, surely the chivalris thing to do would be to watch and make sure she didn't trip. It just looks a bit uncaring IMO. Everyone else would wait until he did that. Speaking of Fred, he looks ill and a little untidy -sorry, just my opinion.
With all due respect...let's give CP Mary some credit. She is a physically fit woman in fantastic shape who is accustomed to being pregnant and wearing heels. If she had any concerns about walking down steps and wearing heels, then she could have worn flats instead. She is pregnant and her baby bump is not that big that she can't see in front of her. She took her time and walked down the airplane steps as she should have done. She is also still carrying out her solo official duties so it isn't like CP Frederik is going to be around all the time to watch and make sure she can go up and down steps.
What was even more precarious to me was the official event where she and Frederik were feeding the penguins, given how uneven the ground was. But she managed that perfectly!!! So no worries!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I quite agree Terri. And there was a hand rail alongside the jet's stairs which I noticed Mary made use of.

It's hats HRH has the odd misunderstanding with, not really her stilettos. She has the art of heel wearing down to a t

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Article and photos on "Billed Bladet" about their visit
Old 09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I quite agree Terri. And there was a hand rail alongside the jet's stairs which I noticed Mary made use of.

It's hats HRH has the odd misunderstanding with, not really her stilettos. She has the art heel wearing down to a t
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Great PPE-Agency pics!
PPE Agency

They look great, and I love, love, love Mary's jacket..
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Gentry

Looks like she didn't make much of an effort to-day. her hair seems greasy, her make-up is badly applied and those pants seem like they could belong to Frederik.
Must do better.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora View Post
She looks nice, but CP Fred looks OLD. The beard is unkempt and he looks like an old alcoholic rather than a dashing CP!
I think he looks dashing with the beard! Funny how we all see different things and what appeals to us. Keeps things interesting
Old 09-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

It´s so nice to see Mary and Frederik in Germany. I think she looks wonderful during the whole visit. And after seeing her "live" in Stockholm in June, i have to say, that she is one of the most beautiful women i have ever seen.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The couple look good together.
Mary looks wonderful with a bump.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Article and photo gallery on "Hello"

Pure People article and photo gallery

More photos from the visit at Rostock University's paediatric and youth clinic: