The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2004, 04:18 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"I'd be interested in knowing if that is an Aussie license plate ???

at first glance, I thought it was German .... but it isn't. "

I saw that too. I was thinking Irish myself. But it looked European.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Binny@Jan 19th, 2004 - 1:36 am
My impression isn't based on 1 photo or 100 photos, simply on the basis that Mary is now the centre of attention.
But then again Alex is the centre of attention more than Joachim, and I don't see that marriage failing/ having problems because of that fact.

It depends on how the two people in the relationship feel. I think Charles resented that Diana got so much adoration and ran back to Camilla (IMO). But at the press conference, it seemed to me that Fred was just so happy that Mary was accepted and happy that the Danes liked her. I mean he was really really happy at the engagement - remember when he said something like "i just want to tell everyone how happy I am", and how when they asked him to describe Mary he said something like "how do you describe something this wonderful"? (ok that's not the exact quote, but it sounded really sweet when Fred said it!&#33.

So yeah, I don't think Fred's like Charles and I don't think Mary getting attention will bother Fred (actually I can imagine him being very very proud of Mary). I think Fred is jsut so happy that the love of his life is also accepted by his countrymen.

Old 01-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Nice outfit! I like the colours she picks - nice shade of green (for the wedding), nice coffee/pinkish shade (for the engagement and Swedish do) etc.

Why are they in Sydney again?? OMIGOSH I'M IN SYDNEY!!! I totally missed out (not that I was ever intending to be at the airport today even if I knew they were coming&#33
Old 01-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Gentry

are those photos from the airport showing them arriving back in denmark ?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Gentry

why is there a gap between susan moody and the prince in that family photo above ?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Commoner

nope...Frederik and Mary are at Sydney Airport after arriving from Hobart on Tuesday morning on their way back to Denmark i guess....
Old 01-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Gentry

i think i noticed that she has this silver ribbon thing on her waist again !!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes true...there´s a gap....but maybe it was just a spontaneous snaphot...IMO ALL people on the picture look so "normal", so avarage...when you look at them in this picture you would never imagine/guess that this is the crown prince of a country and his fiance...
Old 01-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Commoner

yes, u r right - she has this ribbon.. personally i dont like it - doesnt fit the top imo
Old 01-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy

Mary is very interesting and middling
Old 01-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Mary looks fantastic in Green. I agree the grey pants with the belt aren't too great.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Commoner

Mary looks great. I agree with a couple of you about the ribbon--i think she's addicted to have ribbons on her clothes now. The ribbon around the waist is fashionable now and I think you'll see it a lot for spring time. But this time it doesn't go well with her top. It looks too busy and clashes with the lacy top.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

From Hello Magazine:

Mary Donaldson Steals Show at Sister's Wedding

20 JANUARY 2004
While the average bride might be peeved not to be the centre of attention at her wedding, there is one woman in white who will surely forgive one of her special guests for overshadowing her trip down the aisle.

The scene-stealing invitee in question is Australian beauty Mary Donaldson, who was accompanied by her fiancé Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, when her sister Patricia Woods tied the knot in Tasmania this past weekend.

As the princess-to-be, dressed in a mint-hued knee-length dress, watched her elder sibling wed Scott Bailey, the eyes of the world were watching her. Throngs of press and wellwishers had braved cold, showery weather hoping to catch a glimpse of the future royal bride outside the private residence where the garden ceremony was held.

Despite the worldwide attention, inside the venue the romantic ceremony went without a hitch. Mary took centre stage just once, reading a love poem she is thought to have written herself in honour of the happy couple, called This Day.

Early during her trip home, Mary was asked how arrangements were going for her own nuptials. "They are coming along," replied the 31-year-old future royal. "There is a lot to do!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	donaldson_dop2a.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	36280  
Old 01-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Gentry

Mary looks very good in that green dress she wore to her sister's wedding.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Courtier

well, wishing them a safe trip.

I really loved to see their pictures enjoying in Australia. They look so sweet, at ease and very confident.

Because from the moment Mary steps into Copenhagen, she would be very busy again in preparation for her own wedding to Fred. As what she have said that there is a lot to do. But she should not worry because the more she works hard for the preparations, the more beautiful her wedding is.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Courtier

That's a nice thing to say Paulette. :flower:

Mary's got great women around her.... her sisters, Alex, her stepmum and of course QM.... I hope they rally around Mary and have a great time planning the wedding with her (and Fred! the man always gets left behind&#33.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 18th, 2004 - 3:39 am
Reaching the car.
That Definatly isn't any Australian Number plate. ours go something like: AA - 9999
Old 01-21-2004, 01:40 AM

Jasl as you are in Sydney maybe you should go and hang out at the Slipp Inn Bar tonight (preferable in a pair of bright chequed yellow pants or red novelty boxers to make Fred feel an affinitywith you) to see if they show up. Then you could report to us all.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Courtier

I love these last photos of Mary and Fredrik on the beach...Mary looks so cute as she responds to the wter while Fredril looks so unresponsive next to her!!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:54 AM
Courtier

It's funny coz the Dane is so cruisy whilst the Australian looks scared of the SURF!!! Now that's something you don't see everyday!!!

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, mary, mary donaldson