Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Perhaps, but she decided to ......
I'm impressed - I always thought mind-reading was such a difficult art

Old 01-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier
For years many of the comments about Mary were vicious and cruel. I write to lend my support to a woman who has made Frederik happy and provided the Queen and the Danes with a CPrincess who has not been an embarrassment. Why are some demanding 100% perfection? Currier

You are absolutely right, Currier. Since no one is perfect, we can't expect perfection from CP Mary. I think she is doing a good job as a CP.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Perhaps, but she decided to upgrade her public image within weeks of meeting Fred. That says more about her future aspirations that anything else.
I am not sure I understand what you mean?
What public image?
The public didn't know of Mary until more than 1 year later.
And she appeared as quite an average girl then.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Hi again, ok, this was a long thread to read phew, and the funny thing is that many of you are right, even if you are saying different things. There is no doubt that CP Mary is at present doing a gr8 job as Crown Princess, and she and the CPrince seem genuinely happy, but... She is the only Crown princess who was in a relationship with another man when she met Fred, (look in the thread for previous relationships of royals), she made her decision to concentrate on the relationship with Fred and parted from her boyfriend, thats okay, who wouldn't? She herself said she didn't fall head over heels in love at first sight, so doesn't this seem a cold calculated decision?(parting with her boyfriend) She also went to a workshop of "how to acheive your goals" during the freindly, but not romantic phase of their relationship, that's also okay, and that's probably what makes her seem such a perfect CPrincess, but it causes speculations about her. Again, I am not saying that she isn't good or that she is shallow, but it kinda disturbs people. She definitly was ambitious, Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia and even Mathilde seemed so much more head over heels in love, they are definitly not perfect, (except for Mathilde, maybe) she had a goal and she acheived it,and she seems happy to boot. I just wish she would not try to act more royal than the born Royals, and remeber inside her heart who she is...
P.S Does any one know how to read body language (professionally)? I wonder what her body language said in the first stage of her marriage?!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Gentry

I for one am glad Mary is acting more royal than the royals: Jochim and Alexandra for two who have the dubious distinction of having the first divorce in the Danish Royal family.I do not think Mary was or is ambitious, more likely cautious and somewhat insecure as to what was expected of her.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
She is the only Crown princess who was in a relationship with another man when she met Fred, (look in the thread for previous relationships of royals), she made her decision to concentrate on the relationship with Fred and parted from her boyfriend, thats okay, who wouldn't? She herself said she didn't fall head over heels in love at first sight, so doesn't this seem a cold calculated decision?(parting with her boyfriend)
Are you talking about Mary or Letizia?
Because AFAIK Letizia is the one who was in a relationship with another man when she met Felipe.
Moreover he was a friend of Felipe.
(Not saying that this makes her a cold calculating person.)

Mary was a single when she met Frederik.
(Her long relationship with Brent Annels was over for quite some time.)
Frederik was in a relationship with another woman when he met Mary.

Moreover I doubt it was that quite ridiculous workshop she attended which she did not even finish
which taught Mary how to be a perfect princess.

Quote:
Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia and even Mathilde seemed so much more head over heels in love
Well, I guess everyone sees things in a different way.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
Are you talking about Mary or Letizia?
Because AFAIK Letizia is the one who was in a relationship with another man when she met Felipe.
Moreover he was a friend of Felipe.
(Not saying that this makes her a cold calculating person.)

Mary was a single when she met Frederik.
Frederik was in a relationship with another woman when he met Mary.
Quite right, sorry for the mistake, she wasn't in a relationship when she met Fred! Who was Fred dating at the time?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
She is the only Crown princess who was in a relationship with another man when she met Fred. She also went to a workshop of "how to acheive your goals".
I leave the rest alone.

Everyone has his own impression and knowledge.

I can't remember that Mary was ever accused having a relationship with an other man when she met Frederik. She parted with her longtime boyfriend finally when she settled in Sidney. Long before she met Frederik. I guess the other man isn't the ominous younger football player with whom she alledegly had a fling. Emma Tom wrote in her book that the brother of this young man says they had just a short meeting - no love affair. The princess accused to be in a relationship when meeting her prince was an other one.

The infamous Starmaker was regardless of the stupid title a kind of self-discovery course. A New-age thing and of course also about learning how to present yourself to others and also how you are coming across to others, therefore the silly pictures. For some people something like this is useful for their work when they have to go to meetings, speak to a group of people, making customer-presentations. People need this kind of abilities for their career. I don't have a clue how good this course was. Probably nod really good because Mary didn't finish the thing. Mary is a commoner, a middle class girl. I doubt that she was eager to catch a prince. Maybe I'm wrong, though I believe she loves her prince as much as the other new crown princesses. Time will tell.

How to behave in the presence of a prince is part of the upbringing of born princesses and noble woman. Guess what some young females are learning in some swiss boarding schools? There are more than enough noble born woman or member of the upper class whose only goal is to marry as high and rich as possible.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

Binz, I see what you are saying and partially agree with you, but the discussion has also gone to the question of why people have such controversial opinions of her and that is what I was trying to explain
Old 01-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Quite right, sorry for the mistake, she wasn't in a relationship when she met Fred! Who was Fred dating at the time?
Allegedly he was still toether with Bettina ÷dum (spelling?). Though nobody knows if they really were together. Frederik has met Mary when people thought he was still together with Bettina, because Bettina has informed the press a few month later. Though every prince who is a gentleman would leave it to his former girlfriend to inform the public. Afterall this woman have to live in the same country and they probably meet the prince from time to time. Especially in a country like Denmark where the social circles are quite small.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I think some have 'controversial' opinions of her because when there is no controversy, some like to make it
Old 01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Binz, I see what you are saying and partially agree with you, but the discussion has also gone to the question of why people have such controversial opinions of her and that is what I was trying to explain
LOL

Okay, okay!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
I think some have 'controversial' opinions of her because when there is no controversy, some like to make it
I disagree, Mary definitly has something about her manner which causes people to think not posotively about her!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps, but she decided to upgrade her public image within weeks of meeting Fred. That says more about her future aspirations that anything else.
My dear....... which girl in this world who met a Prince for a glance did not dream of becoming his Princess?
This is the oldest fairy tale in the earth, the story baby girls are receiving with their milk, and NOW we are blaming only Mary? This is hypocrisy.

I think the ONLY known woman in this worlds who said NO to a Prince, was Camilla..... 30 years ago, ...... and since then she changed up her mind.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I disagree, Mary definitly has something about her manner which causes people to think not posotively about her!
For me Mary is most "regal" than royals, and may be this can irritate some people....

She succeeds everything.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You can disagree all you like, auntie. That is quite ok.

A main point of discusion I have noticed is that some took issue with the hype that has surrounded her. I think it pertinent to make mention that this was the media's doing, not Mary's.

What some may think to be an aloof air, I see as humble refinement. But that is just my opinion.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Courtier

What I see, is a couple very much in love. In every picture of Fred and Mary, they are looking at each other with so much love.

We can all have our opinions, after all, this is one of the reasons for this board, but we should refrain from saying things we are not sure of. Mary must really love Fred to have left her native land and her family for him.

People say she is too ambitious? But tell us, can someone ever be too ambitious? She went to law school and got her degree, I don't call that too ambitious.

Also, she has not caused the danish people any embarrassment what so ever. She is a fine Crown Princess. Perhaps one of the best. Just my opinion.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

The funny thing is - had Mary been born a princess, her obvious striving to do this job as best as possible would have been applauded by everyone.
I like that you can actually see that she is trying to do this job to the best of her ability; it's an ongoing process I think so in 10 years she may appear different from today, and that's fine too.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I have read her Curriculum and I think she was really active befor married prince Frederick and I think now she is still very active in this new Job!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
IIRC correctly that Mary said in her engagement interviews that she first attended the course and then met the prince. If it is so, do you want to call her a liar in addition?

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary