The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia; August-September 2008

TRH the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, HRH Prince Christian and HRH Princess Isabella will visit Tasmania, Australia, August 2008.

(Source: Billed Bladet No. 9)!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

August? thats a long way. I thought it would be sometime soon, before or just after Joachims wedding.
Thanks for the update.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Oh wow! Can't wait to see them in Australia! Those will be some awesome pictures!!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Courtier

I wonder if they are waiting till August for the Olympics, if they are going to be in China it would be very easy to go from there to Tasmania.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
I wonder if they are waiting till August for the Olympics, if they are going to be in China it would be very easy to go from there to Tasmania.
Sounds plausible Amelia.
Do we know whether Mary will accompany Frederik to the olympics? Or will she perhaps spend some more time with her relatives in Australia.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Courtier

I guess that she could do both. Stay at the olympics for a while and then head to Tasmania. Might be hard, however, with two small children!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

Is this a private visit or will the CP couple tack on a few duties while in Australia?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Is this a private visit or will the CP couple tack on a few duties while in Australia?
I would say that given that the source is Billed Bladet, it will likely be a private visit, with perhaps another photo opportunity like the one at the wildlife park.
I would love another official visit though.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Isn't it a bit soon for another official visit. I know that Mary was born in Australia but really they have no offical ties like the British Royal family. Maybe in a few years they could do another one but I don't think they should just yet!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Sounds plausible Amelia.
Do we know whether Mary will accompany Frederik to the olympics? Or will she perhaps spend some more time with her relatives in Australia.
Billedbladet states that Mary (and then I suppose the children will also be in the vicinity) will want to be at the games when they open, but won't stay for the whole run. She'll (again, according to Billedbladet) leave Frederik in China, and go to Australia alone with the children a week before Frederik joins them. .
Old 02-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is Billedbladet a reliable source? I look forward to this visit, I can't seem to find any news of it in any Aussie sources, perhaps they are not informed yet. I don't think it will be a state visit, it is too soon,i think its more a personal visit for Mary to show her brood to her Australian relatives.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
Is Billedbladet a reliable source? I look forward to this visit, I can't seem to find any news of it in any Aussie sources, perhaps they are not informed yet. I don't think it will be a state visit, it is too soon,i think its more a personal visit for Mary to show her brood to her Australian relatives.
I think so, too. A state visit would be a bit much. I am sure she misses seeing her family. I would.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Here's a news update I received from our member marmi.
Quote:
Source: The Mercury (Mary confirms Tassie trip) (found via Danish Royal Watchers)

Quote:
"We do have our plans this year to come to Australia," she told News Ltd while visiting London.

"I can't wait. It's been quite some time since we've been back in Australia."

The family is expected to travel to Tasmania shortly after the Beijing Olympics in August, eight years after Mary and Frederick met during Sydney's games.
Also, while it doesn't really add anything, further to speculation in the thread:

Quote:
The princess declined to say whether the trip to Australia would include public engagements:

"That's something I can't make any comment on right now," she said.
marmi
Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Majesty

Update from Madame Royale

Quote:
DANISH royal couple Princess Mary and Prince Frederik will be in Melbourne next month to attend a private dinner.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...98-661,00.html

Source: Herald Sun.com.au
Old 08-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Update from Madame Royale

Quote:
The Crown Princess is a confirmed guest at the September 3 launch of the St Vincent's Research and Biotechnology Precinct, in Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...139162882.html

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Mitchell - you are so good at picking up pictures. I wasn't even aware that they had already left for Australia. Lots of travelling for Mary in a single week.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Serene Highness

great news!!

Hope we'll be able to see more pics for these holidays even if it's private!!lol

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Wow, I can't wait to see pics of Princess Mary and the children in Australia! We got so beautiful pictures last time they were in Australia
It would be great if they organize some photo session.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
The Mercury
Mary in Australia
Princess Mary arrives in Hobart | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
All the best Mitchell
On the same page is "Mary's Bridesmaid bares all" - Amber still makes the news.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Christian looks like he is having fun while running around and playing in the playhouse. I can't wait to see more photos.

Tags
australia, christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, holiday, isabella, mary, mary donaldson, prince christian, prince frederik, princess isabella, vacation