Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
TRH the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, HRH Prince Christian and HRH Princess Isabella will visit Tasmania, Australia, August 2008.

(Source: Billed Bladet No. 9)!

Last edited by a moderator:
August? thats a long way. I thought it would be sometime soon, before or just after Joachims wedding.
Thanks for the update.

Oh wow! Can't wait to see them in Australia! Those will be some awesome pictures!!

I wonder if they are waiting till August for the Olympics, if they are going to be in China it would be very easy to go from there to Tasmania.

I wonder if they are waiting till August for the Olympics, if they are going to be in China it would be very easy to go from there to Tasmania.
Sounds plausible Amelia.
Do we know whether Mary will accompany Frederik to the olympics? Or will she perhaps spend some more time with her relatives in Australia.

I guess that she could do both. Stay at the olympics for a while and then head to Tasmania. Might be hard, however, with two small children!

Is this a private visit or will the CP couple tack on a few duties while in Australia?

Is this a private visit or will the CP couple tack on a few duties while in Australia?

I would say that given that the source is Billed Bladet, it will likely be a private visit, with perhaps another photo opportunity like the one at the wildlife park.
I would love another official visit though. :flowers:

Isn't it a bit soon for another official visit. I know that Mary was born in Australia but really they have no offical ties like the British Royal family. Maybe in a few years they could do another one but I don't think they should just yet!

Sounds plausible Amelia.
Do we know whether Mary will accompany Frederik to the olympics? Or will she perhaps spend some more time with her relatives in Australia.

Billedbladet states that Mary (and then I suppose the children will also be in the vicinity) will want to be at the games when they open, but won't stay for the whole run. She'll (again, according to Billedbladet) leave Frederik in China, and go to Australia alone with the children a week before Frederik joins them. . :flowers:

Is Billedbladet a reliable source? I look forward to this visit, I can't seem to find any news of it in any Aussie sources, perhaps they are not informed yet. I don't think it will be a state visit, it is too soon,i think its more a personal visit for Mary to show her brood to her Australian relatives.

Is Billedbladet a reliable source? I look forward to this visit, I can't seem to find any news of it in any Aussie sources, perhaps they are not informed yet. I don't think it will be a state visit, it is too soon,i think its more a personal visit for Mary to show her brood to her Australian relatives.

I think so, too. A state visit would be a bit much. I am sure she misses seeing her family. I would.

Here's a news update I received from our member marmi.
Source: The Mercury (Mary confirms Tassie trip) (found via Danish Royal Watchers)

"We do have our plans this year to come to Australia," she told News Ltd while visiting London.

"I can't wait. It's been quite some time since we've been back in Australia."

The family is expected to travel to Tasmania shortly after the Beijing Olympics in August, eight years after Mary and Frederick met during Sydney's games.
Also, while it doesn't really add anything, further to speculation in the thread:

The princess declined to say whether the trip to Australia would include public engagements:

"That's something I can't make any comment on right now," she said.
marmi :flowers:

Thank you Mitchell :flowers: - you are so good at picking up pictures. I wasn't even aware that they had already left for Australia. Lots of travelling for Mary in a single week.

great news!!

Hope we'll be able to see more pics for these holidays even if it's private!!lol

Wow, I can't wait to see pics of Princess Mary and the children in Australia! We got so beautiful pictures last time they were in Australia :)
It would be great if they organize some photo session.

Christian looks like he is having fun while running around and playing in the playhouse. I can't wait to see more photos.

Interesting that the newspaper decided to count how many pieces of luggage the family has for the trip. Sounds like a lot, but once my husband, then 6 month old daughter and I went skiing for 5 days and we took 6 pieces of luggage. It's amazing how much "stuff" you have to travel with when you have young children. More power to Mary for flying halfway around the world with two children by herself (and nannies & security). You couldn't pay me to do that! Hope she has a great trip and the papparazi will back off so they can have some private family time.

I am sooo excited that CP Mary is here!! Finally . It seems ages ago that this thread was started. Looking forward to some candid shots and maybe, just maybe an organized photo shoot???? Heres hoping. I hope they have a great stay and enjoy some downtime.

i wonder what she is yaking in 8 pieces of lugaggae ??/ for how many days she is going?

Im pleased Mary is in Australia, with her family, it must be fantastic for her, I get to see mine neext week and just cant wait.
I'm torn between wanting to see pics of her and wanting her to have a nice private holiday, I certainly wouldnt want the press following me around when I know that I only have a limited time with my family in the country of my birth...
Does anyone know when normalality of engagements in Denmark returns? I dont have to feel guilty about those pics!!!
I would expect Mary to help out with things like carrying her bags when in Oz with her family, she is one of them still after all. Arriving for an official visit somewhere, I would not expect her to.

i wonder what she is yaking in 8 pieces of lugaggae ??/ for how many days she is going?

Well I thought it said 18, and it seems a huge number, but I guess with such young kids and a climate change, and a decent amount time lots of luggage is to be expected

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I thought it said 18, and it seems a huge number, but I guess with such young kids and a climate change, and a decent amount time lots of luggage is to be expected
yes, you are right 18, sorry for the mistake, still i think it is too much!!! may be she brings presents for all her family and friends, how long they will be there?
i wonder if they have this empty seats by coincidence or they bough the seats so nobody would bother them????? probably beside the nanny , is bodyguards too!

I thought, one Crown Princess (include formal gear for later in the visit), one nanny, one bodyguard, one small Prince and one smaller Princess, and bob's y're uncle, 18 pieces of luggage! Not an awful lot at all! :D

'We' aren't really discussing the number of bags brought are we?..haha..It is such a non issue.

We know they'll be here until at least the 4th of September...so a little over two weeks which 'sounds' about right.

I'm sure they'll also buy certain things when they're here, so perhaps one or two suitcases are reserved for such a purpose.

I travel to Europe for but a week, and I take three bags with me. 18 isn't very many for the length of time they intend on holidaying. And as someone else pointed out, perhaps presents for family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom