Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing the children, they are growing too fast.

I absolutely love the purple suit she wore yesterday.
But it is not so much the outfit. She looks radiant, a little tanned, just simply happy, she really has been looking happy the last weeks :wub:

The photoshot was great. Great, great photos.
The kids are so magnificicent, they look so much like their parents. This family simply looks so love each other's company, and all I can say is that I hope for a family extension again soon.

Mary's makeup and outfit at the last 3 official duties (evening black dress, evening grey/beige dress, and daytime purple suit) has been absolutely GORGEOUS.

Denmark is , all in all, lucky, oh so lucky , to have this family as their crown princely one ;)
The princess looked marvelous in purple. Unfortunately the stitching around her breasts looked very crass. The rest of the outfit looked very lovely.

if you look at the pictures on the royal.web-log.nl website you can see that there is a hole in Isabella shoes. it is the last picture in the series. i know they can afford better.

Yes there is a hole and yes, they can afford better :flowers: so perhaps it is the only shoos they can make her wear.....children that age can have a very strong will.....................

Isabella may have insisted on wearing those shoes, my kids have their favourites. Kids can really dig their toes in about these things!

I finally got a peek at some of the pics. Very informal. Didn't expect Mary to be in jeans, not that there's anything wrong with that. Ugly shoes on Isabella. Okay jacket on Christian. Wish these parents would dress their kids a little cuter though.

I must say, the kids are getting big very quickly. These children both seem large for their ages. I don't believe that Fred and Mary are particularly large people although there is height in this family. But their children seem to have big-boned structures. I find it kind of odd, considering what their parents look like. Although the genes are the genes. They could have inherited those large frames from grandparents. If I didn't know what their ages were I would easily mistake them to be older than they are.

Yes there is a hole and yes, they can afford better :flowers: so perhaps it is the only shoos they can make her wear.....children that age can have a very strong will.....................
They can wear through the toe of a shoe very very quickly when they are crawling trust me. It was probably a good pair when they left denmark....;)

You can't stay indoors forever. Children need to run an play. When the go outside the paps are all over them. They cannot duck and run or go crazy on the paps. As royals they need to dressed well at all times. As far as doing things w/ patronages. She is in Australia only a few times. She mainly works with them by phone, email and fax. Why should she not visit them? Celebrities get photographed pumping gas, going into a club, out to eat, with their kids in a park, going to get coffee, coming out of the grocery store etc. Mary and Fred are in somewhat the same position. But they handle it better than some "Stars."

As for Isabella's shoes, my guess is she got them scuffed up in Australia. It does not take much. They could also be the only shoes she will wear. My son always want to wear his Elmo shirt no matter what. Also, he always picks his sandals over his tennis sh oes.

Fashionista100 said:
As royals they need to dressed well at all times.

No you don't. Please think about Princess Anne, Camilla, f.e. -it rather depends on how you define your job.

Fashionista100 said:
Celebrities get photographed pumping gas, going into a club, out to eat, with their kids in a park, going to get coffee, coming out of the grocery store etc. Mary and Fred are in somewhat the same position. But they handle it better than some "Stars."
Well, as far as I know Fred & Mary have been photographed in situations like that , too!:rolleyes: Do they handle it better? I am not sure. They have to act more conservative and with more dignity as stars normally do. That is because the majority of Royalists is conservative.( Always know you target audience ..)

Last edited by a moderator:
if you look at the pictures on the royal.web-log.nl website you can see that there is a hole in Isabella shoes. it is the last picture in the series. i know they can afford better.
Of course they can offord better. They may, like my neice, have found that their sweet baby daughter has a will of iron when it comes to her choice of clothing or shoes.

My lovely and beloved two-year-old neice somewhat surprisingly developed an obsessive passion for an old fashioned but lovely hand knitted lilac cardigan. Trying to separate the two to "co-ordinate" the outfit when going out was not worth the tears, so . . . . until she suddenly grew out of it or it was sneaked away for a wash, she wore it everywhere, including to bed! :lol:

They all looked so wonderful. Little Isabella has grown so much!

" It's very kind of you to come and see me" ,? that's an odd statement for a royal...:ermm:

" It's very kind of you to come and see me" ,? that's an odd statement for a royal...:ermm:
It is a word of appreciation. Thank you for taking the time to come and greet me. Very kind and appreciative.

Mhh, the way you said it was very kind indeed. But "It's very kind of you to come and see me" ? Nice words but a bit too much ME, IMO. Wasn't it about the Victor Chang Foundation? She was the guest to the event. Well, just my opinion..

I thhink when she says it is after that little girl runs to hug her and give her the flowers, the video is edited, perhaps this people was shouting her name or something.

Yes you both have a point but I think that when you consider the age of the girl I find it unlikely that she is there purely for heart disease...
She was probably taught about it or lost a relative to it, but the appeal of meeting a "real life" princess must have been strong at her age...
I think so at least

Oops!

They haven't included the oops! photos from this walk - where Fred hasn't noticed low-lying branches and Christian ducks away from three branches on different trees in succession! One of them gets him in the face (no damage done). Dad is probably thinking about his next visit to the polar ice caps! Amber shouldn't wear black leather jackets when the light is harsh ... Mary looks great. Casual and relaxed.

ummm did anyone else read the comments after 'this article' ???:ermm:

I just read the comments. Wow! They are harsh! I wonder if it is really true that there were hardly any people present and that they had to pull children out of school to stand in the background?

Sounds like the same small group of infamous internet people who complain and otherwise dislike everything Crown Princess Mary. Sad really... when a small handful of people whine about a woman with whom they never and will never meet.:rolleyes:

^Exactly. And I especially hate people that seek out articles on people that they hate, but don't know at all. If they have such a problem with Mary, I find no reason that they should read, watch, or comment on articles concerning her. It's just their excuse to gripe.

^Exactly. And I especially hate people that seek out articles on people that they hate, but don't know at all. If they have such a problem with Mary, I find no reason that they should read, watch, or comment on articles concerning her. It's just their excuse to gripe.

Absolutely randomlyKeira.
Considering the population of Australia the ramblings of these few 'I'm not rich and famous so I'm going to bitch about anyone who is' is nothing to worry about. If very few were there to see Mary it is probably because the event wasn't that well advertised, it was the middle of the week or there was a footy final on. Hopefully one day she will come to Perth because I will definitely be there with my little Aussie/Denmark flag waving :lol:

Sounds like the same small group of infamous internet people who complain and otherwise dislike everything Crown Princess Mary. Sad really... when a small handful of people whine about a woman with whom they never and will never meet.:rolleyes:

Precisely! That was my immediate thought as well when I read the comments - it's like a deja vu of the comments of the mercifully dead Royal Blue.

But talk about having a life of your own - these people have been making the same kind of comments for what... 6 or 8 years now? :eek: You just have to pity them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom