The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

These photos of the children are adorable. Everyone looks like they are having a great time.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

And you'd think in those 18 pieces of luggage she brought with her, there would be a stash of nappies, huh? I guess she is not as organised as we have been lead to believe

Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara View Post
And you'd think in those 18 pieces of luggage she brought with her, there would be a stash of nappies, huh? I guess she is not as organised as we have been lead to believe
Or she didn't want to take up space for clothes and shoes with extra nappies that could easily be purchased once she arrived.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

while i do agree the outfit was a bit too much for the park, i will have to defend her about the swing. in the picture, you can clearly see how her legs were touching the floor, so at the most she was swinging half a metre with christian being held by her, so i guess than even if he fell it wouldn't have been catastrophic.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Gentry

Well, there is no such thing as showing of your Prada boots in the park, Mary sure does not shy away from the perks Royalty has brought her. Mind you...I'm just jealous.....
Old 08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Well, there is no such thing as showing of your Prada boots in the park, Mary sure does not shy away from the perks Royalty has brought her. Mind you...I'm just jealous.....
Me Too, and not afraid to admit it
Old 08-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

So you have to be royalty to own designer boots or shoes and wear them casually...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
She did?
Ive already thought that it would be something like that as he seems absolutely not interested in his sister.
Well, probably not unusual for that little gap of age and the boy being the elder one. A little girl would maybe have more of a "2nd mummy"-feeling towards her younger brother.
Hopefully this would change...there are not many ppl in Denmark, who are in a similiar position and of an similar age.
I checked it - since I don't want to spread around untrue stories - and yes, according to Billed-Bladet she said there is a bit of rivalry between them and that Christian now has accepted the fact there is a little sister (which IMO means that he needed time to accept it). But she also said that Christian is very sweet and protective towards his little sister. She told a story about Christian holding his arms around Isabella's waist when they were sitting in a play cart pulled by their father, so she would not fall out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i like the ensemble in the park, definitely looks lovely, but it is in my opinion a bit too much for a holiday and a very unsuccesful way of trying 'not to be noticed'. someone else would choose something more normal (just like her sister or nieces), just for the sake of not getting much of the public and media attention.
I personally think the pictures in the park were the - unannounced ? - photo-op for the photographers this time, just like the photo-op in the animal park last time (which was announced and a disaster according to Mary's sister). It was said in Danish media that most of the Danish media people have left Australia now, after they got the pictures they wanted.
So, actually I don't think Mary was unsuccessfully trying "not to be noticed". This wasn't a normal visit to the park IMO, although Mary might have tried to keep it as normal as possible, for the sake of the children.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

The two official events Mary will participate in during her visit to Australia have been added to the official calender:
Quote:
Besg hos Alannah and Madeline Foundation
Fredag 29. august 2008 kl. 10:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen aflgger som protektor besg hos The Alannah and Madeline Foundation i Melbourne, Australien.

bning af nyt Victor Chang domicil i Sydney
Onsdag 3. september 2008 kl. 11:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i officiel bning af The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute's nye domicil i Sydney, Australien
The first event is on August 29th in Melbourne, where she will visit the Alannah and Madeline Foundation.
The second is on September 3rd in Sydney, where she will attend the opening of the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute's new centre

Old 08-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Aristocracy

I find these pictures rather normal and not at all spectacular.If you think about it a long time, you will find everything cute and adorable about this family. Imagine you would not know these people: I bet you would pass by and ignore them completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
The two official events Mary will participate in during her visit to Australia have been added to the official calender:

The first event is on August 29th in Melbourne, where she will visit the Alannah and Madeline Foundation.
The second is on September 3rd in Sydney, where she will attend the opening of the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute's new centre

Yes, I guess it's time to get some attention back in Down Under...Homecoming tour Part 3..
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

The children are gorgeous and Princess Mary seems to me absolutely normal. So what if she is wearing Prada boots? Id wear them too, if I could and if I didnt live in a hot country.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
I find these pictures rather normal and not at all spectacular.If you think about it a long time, you will find everything cute and adorable about this family. Imagine you would not know these people: I bet you would pass by and ignore them completely.
Yes of course
Old 08-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Courtier

Re: CP Frederik coming to Tasmania

According to their official calendar.

CP Frederik shall be attending the Olympic games till Saturday, the 23rd of August and shall not stay till the end of the games.

Courtesy of the Official Website of CPP and UCPMMB

http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/9000c

Hopefully, CP Frederik shall arrive in Tasmania in time for dinner on Saturday or by breakfast or brunch on Sunday.

Hope that they enjoy their holiday.

Can't wait to see photos from their two events on 29th August in Melbourne and on the 3rd of September in Sydney.

Cheers,
Emeralds and Opals
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
Can't wait to see photos from their two events on 29th August in Melbourne and on the 3rd of September in Sydney.
Those events are scheduled for Mary only. But I am sure we will see pictures of Frederik in Australia nonetheless.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Courtier

I think this is the very first time I ever saw Mary wearing a 'label' so obviously. She is a very elegant and low key lady who always looks totally appropriate for her royal duties and doesn't try to look like a vogue model all the time. I like this family very much. They seem very normal and down to earth which is a nice change from the royals in my part of the world!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...hobart-swings/

A hello! article about Princess Mary at the park, but I don't know if it's been posted before so oppsidaisy if it has :)
xx
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I just love these two children. Prince Christian and Princess Isabella are getting every day more and more beatiful. I hope they will grown up to be as intelligent as they are beatiful.

Vanesa.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post

Of course we pay attention to this family because of who they are. But I actually DO notice families with small children, especially when the kids are as cute as these two are. It's one of life's little joys.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I personally think the pictures in the park were the - unannounced ? - photo-op for the photographers this time, just like the photo-op in the animal park last time (which was announced and a disaster according to Mary's sister). It was said in Danish media that most of the Danish media people have left Australia now, after they got the pictures they wanted.
So, actually I don't think Mary was unsuccessfully trying "not to be noticed". This wasn't a normal visit to the park IMO, although Mary might have tried to keep it as normal as possible, for the sake of the children.
i don't think this was an unannounced photo session as the one we had the opportunity of seeing the other time. not only because as you said the other one was announced, but also because in a number of pictures mary looks as if she was surprised by the presence of the paparazzi (such as here) and because the quality of those pictures is generally quite low (as if they were taken from a distance) in comparison with the other photoshoot ones. i therefore stick to my previous comments and believe it was a private outing to the park, with no photo opportunity.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Gentry

I think it was an unannounced photo opportunity, hence Mary being so dressed up in comparison to het casual outing to the chemist.
Kind of feels like they wanted to satisfy the press so they can have some peace for the remainder of the trip.

Tags
australia, christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, holiday, isabella, mary, mary donaldson, prince christian, prince frederik, princess isabella, vacation