The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The pics with the kids are really nice. Great to see brother & sister interact. I think Christian was a slow starter (probably boys are compared to girls) but he's really making up now. His sister is one of my favourites anyway but I find her outfit dreadful this time (again this pink cardigan combined with a hideous waistcoat) whilst Christian is dressed very stylish. I think the fact that Mary usually has people around her to carry or take care of Isabella allows Christian to be lazy; in real life an almost 3 year old would be forced to walk (or to hop on a kiddie board) whilst his mother has to take care of the toddler sister.
I think that the children's outfits fine for playing in park on a rather cool day. All women, that was lucky enough to have children, know that children don't need to worry about fashion while playing. The pink cardigan is probably one of Isabella favorite things -- lord my children had them -- and they all like to dress themselves at that age. I don't believe that Christian is lazy at all for a three year old, just loves his mother's touch. They both seem to be accustomed to have mom or dad talking and holding or touching them. I am sure that Mary tries, like we all did, to spread her attention between the two. Not always easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Christian is wearing that sweeter from Marie Chantal clothes and little Isabella is also very trendy with that fur body warm!!!!But Marie is wearing awful riding boots for a walk in the park....sometimes she tends to be ridiculus.
Oh, I love the boots, All the tend here and the stores showing tons of them for fall wear. She is wearing correctly with jeans, etc. and short jacket. There are windows filled with them in town and even Christian Louboutin came out with a pair, in fact looks quite like Mary's.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful family, so nice to see thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Mary knows by now that where she goes she has the media around her, even to go out to put her trash outside she has the media around her, privacy is somehting that she only has inside her walls , inside her home!!! She knows that and she knows how to deal with that so she smiles....
These photos at the park are lovely, it seams the weather is a bit cold in Hobart, Mary seams to be going for a ride with those boots, not the perfect outfirt for a day in the park...
I agree! I thought "What the.....". And although I'm sure swings differ from playground to playground and country to country, I'm not sure I'd put my daughter in the swing Ps. Isabella was in at that young of an age, nor would I try to swing with my child in my lap (holding on to him with one hand). That seems a little recklass, although the kids seem to be enjoying it.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Christian is wearing that sweeter from Marie Chantal clothes and little Isabella is also very trendy with that fur body warm!!!!But Marie is wearing awful riding boots for a walk in the park....sometimes she tends to be ridiculus.

Marie......Where's Marie??...

She's wearing riding boots? I bet they are so incredibly comfortable and she wears riding boots rather well.

Quote:
That seems a little recklass
I certainly can't agree with that, respectively.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Courtier

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...hobart-swings/

Isabella giggling
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

is it in this picture that Mary's boots say they are Prada
http://www.hellomagazine.com/photo-g...gs/mary-1a.jpg

Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

We couldn't expect anything more from Mary...I love her but she is fashion addicted, she has very good taste on clothes, always and in every ocassion, that is why she has 18 bags
Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
We couldn't expect anything more from Mary...I love her but she is fashion addicted, she has very good taste on clothes, always and in every ocassion, that is why she has 18 bags
Hasn't it already been established in the very lengthy discussion of the infamous 18 bags that it included strollers and luggage for her kids and possible luggage for others as well Every report from the media does not have to be taken at face value after all
Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Hasn't it already been established in the very lengthy discussion of the infamous 18 bags that it included strollers and luggage for her kids and possible luggage for others as well Every report from the media does not have to be taken at face value after all
amen to that UserDane! Do people ever think 18 bags are not for her only?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
As UserDane mentioned, 18 pieces of luggage for the whole group. How many PET-officers are travelling with them? 3 or 4?
With 3 PET-officers they are a group of 8 (incl.Prince Frederik)people, 2 of them toddlers. I think 18 piece aren't too much for so many people.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I suspect that the 18 also includes carry on luggage. So lets do some quick math 18/8 equals 2.25 bags per person. Which means that some people might have had one and a carry on, or some people might have had 3 and others 2 and some people with no carry on. All in all that much baggage, is really not that much baggage. I take two suitcases often when I travel, depending on how long we must be gone. And remember that it is winter down there, so they certainly aren't schlepping along light weight clothes.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

how do you knw it is 8 people travel with her?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

It was a guess based on the previous post. It would seem logical. Mary, plus 2 children, luggage for her husband, and 3 or 4 protection officers, one per family member.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

...and one nanny
Old 08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
I suspect that the 18 also includes carry on luggage. So lets do some quick math 18/8 equals 2.25 bags per person. Which means that some people might have had one and a carry on, or some people might have had 3 and others 2 and some people with no carry on. All in all that much baggage, is really not that much baggage. I take two suitcases often when I travel, depending on how long we must be gone. And remember that it is winter down there, so they certainly aren't schlepping along light weight clothes.
Plus they have some events there meaning they need to bring along some dress-up clothes. I think 18 bags is not that much for the group in total.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Well, I went to Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago. I brought one piece of hand luggage and a suitcase. I bought a lot of stuff and went back bringing one piece of hand luggage and two suitcases.

So - I'm worse the Mary. And it isn't even wintertime in Amsterdam or Copenhagen. It is summertime.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Nobility

Ok, let's count (based on my guess on 3 or 4 protection-officers)

Christian: 1 big suitcase (warm clothes, shoes, etc.), 1 smaller bag (toys etc.), 1 stroller = 3
Isabella: 1 big suitcase (warm clothes, shoes, etc.), 1 smaller bag (toys etc.), 1 stroller = 3
Mary: 1 big suitcase (warm casual clothes), 1 smaller suitcase (shoes, boots, etc), 1 suit bag (with her formal outfits)= 3
Frederik: 1 medium sized/big suitcase (warm casuals things for Tasmania, shoes etc.), 1 suitbag (with his formal outfits for Melbourne + Adelaide) = 2
this are already 11 pieces from the CP-family
This leaves only 7 pieces of luggage for the nanny and lets say 3 PET-officers.

I think I would need as much pieces as the CP-Family if I would travel so far with 2 children, and having offical/formal engagements as well
Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
Sky news video to go news
go down to princess Mary visit to Hobart
http://www.skynews.com.au/video/video.aspx?id=1
All the best mitchell
Thanks michell
The video though is about Phelps . If you want to se the one about Mary you have to click on "News" and schroll down a bit
Old 08-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Courtier

I do not know how Mary manages to carry Christian around with what looks like such ease. The working out daily seems to work for her because he is a big boy. Love the park pictures, seems like they are all having such a wonderful time. I know they will all be glad to have "Daddy" arrive. I am sure they must miss him.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga77 View Post
Good on Mary for asking the press to move. How annoying are they? It would have to be a bit scary for the kids too.

Tags
australia, christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, holiday, isabella, mary, mary donaldson, prince christian, prince frederik, princess isabella, vacation