Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The children are gorgeous and Princess Mary seems to me absolutely normal. So what if she is wearing Prada boots? I´d wear them too, if I could and if I didn´t live in a hot country.

I find these pictures rather normal and not at all spectacular.If you think about it a long time, you will find everything cute and adorable about this family. Imagine you would not know these people: I bet you would pass by and ignore them completely.

Yes of course :D

Re: CP Frederik coming to Tasmania

According to their official calendar.

CP Frederik shall be attending the Olympic games till Saturday, the 23rd of August and shall not stay till the end of the games.

Courtesy of the Official Website of CPP and UCPMMB

http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/9000c

Hopefully, CP Frederik shall arrive in Tasmania in time for dinner on Saturday or by breakfast or brunch on Sunday.

Hope that they enjoy their holiday.

Can't wait to see photos from their two events on 29th August in Melbourne and on the 3rd of September in Sydney.

Cheers,
Emeralds and Opals

Can't wait to see photos from their two events on 29th August in Melbourne and on the 3rd of September in Sydney.
Those events are scheduled for Mary only. But I am sure we will see pictures of Frederik in Australia nonetheless.

I think this is the very first time I ever saw Mary wearing a 'label' so obviously. She is a very elegant and low key lady who always looks totally appropriate for her royal duties and doesn't try to look like a vogue model all the time. I like this family very much. They seem very normal and down to earth which is a nice change from the royals in my part of the world!

I just love these two children. Prince Christian and Princess Isabella are getting every day more and more beatiful. I hope they will grown up to be as intelligent as they are beatiful. :wub:

Vanesa.

I find these pictures rather normal and not at all spectacular.If you think about it a long time, you will find everything cute and adorable about this family. Imagine you would not know these people: I bet you would pass by and ignore them completely.

Of course we pay attention to this family because of who they are. But I actually DO notice families with small children, especially when the kids are as cute as these two are. It's one of life's little joys.:flowers:

I personally think the pictures in the park were the - unannounced ? - photo-op for the photographers this time, just like the photo-op in the animal park last time (which was announced and a disaster according to Mary's sister). It was said in Danish media that most of the Danish media people have left Australia now, after they got the pictures they wanted.
So, actually I don't think Mary was unsuccessfully trying "not to be noticed". This wasn't a normal visit to the park IMO, although Mary might have tried to keep it as normal as possible, for the sake of the children.

i don't think this was an unannounced photo session as the one we had the opportunity of seeing the other time. not only because as you said the other one was announced, but also because in a number of pictures mary looks as if she was surprised by the presence of the paparazzi (such as here) and because the quality of those pictures is generally quite low (as if they were taken from a distance) in comparison with the other photoshoot ones. i therefore stick to my previous comments and believe it was a private outing to the park, with no photo opportunity.

I think it was an unannounced photo opportunity, hence Mary being so dressed up in comparison to het casual outing to the chemist.
Kind of feels like they wanted to satisfy the press so they can have some peace for the remainder of the trip.

Thanks for those article!!!

she's really great!! I can't wait to see more pics!!!

i don't think this was an unannounced photo session as the one we had the opportunity of seeing the other time. not only because as you said the other one was announced, but also because in a number of pictures mary looks as if she was surprised by the presence of the paparazzi (such as here) and because the quality of those pictures is generally quite low (as if they were taken from a distance) in comparison with the other photoshoot ones. i therefore stick to my previous comments and believe it was a private outing to the park, with no photo opportunity.
The picture you posted is not from the playground.
There was a serie of pictures with Mary and the kids on the playground and then there was a serie of pictures showing Mary and the kids and family leaving a shop, walking through the streets of Hobart and standing at the fountain on Salamanca Place, which was taken at the same day. I personally think the playground pictures were a photo-op (and the cameras were obviously very close), the other ones were paparazzi pictures (therefore the quality is not so good). This is just my personal guessing of course. :flowers:

I also think that buying nappies at the local store and flying Jetstar were obvious PR actions. In Denmark Mary got a lot of criticiscm regarding her and Fred living a VIP lifestyle recently . The photographs from Hobart were a perfect opportunity to prove: see we are normal and low key.....:rolleyes:

In Denmark Mary got a lot of criticiscm regarding her and Fred living a VIP lifestyle recently

Could you be so kinds as to provide the Danish articles or links for the above. Thanks...:)

No, nobody cares.

Let's move on and discuss the familiy's trip to Austraila please.

GT:)
Danish Mod

Such subtelty...

Pardon my ignorance, I just wasn't aware that the Crown Princely couple had received such press in Denmark of late. I merely wanted to either have a look or be directed to where I may find such material. Never mind though...:)

It's frightfully chilly in Melbourne today, so can only imagine what it must be like in Hobart. Cold nights, crisp mornings and cool days...the little ones must be rugged up most of the time.

I happened to see a photograph of Isabella giggling her little heart out on a swing and Mary smiling broadly beside her...such a lovely photograph...the little lady is so precious. I think her hair may well turn out to be a light brown. Maybe not, but I have a 'feeling' it might.

Mary's hair looks so lovely when long. She has gorgeous hair.

The picture you posted is not from the playground.
There was a serie of pictures with Mary and the kids on the playground and then there was a serie of pictures showing Mary and the kids and family leaving a shop, walking through the streets of Hobart and standing at the fountain on Salamanca Place, which was taken at the same day. I personally think the playground pictures were a photo-op (and the cameras were obviously very close), the other ones were paparazzi pictures (therefore the quality is not so good). This is just my personal guessing of course. :flowers:

I don't think the playground photos were a photo-op - Mary was scowling a little and not real happy to see the cameras. Plus she was wearing expensive clothes - I think for a photo op she would have dressed more like the rest of the family - they were very dressed down. I think she is still annoyed with the press - all the press! - after they refused to take down the photos of Christian in the nuddy on the beach. I don't think there will be photo ops organised for some time unless Daisy is ordering one!

someone mentioned that according to mary's sister the last photo op was a disaster. What happened?

the last time they went to visit, anytime they went out it was a mob scene, i seem to remember a photo of them running up the hill to the house and all the camera people behind them. the official (correct me if i'm wrong, please) zoo visit for photos was the only thing scheduled for the press, but they didn't leave them alone afterwards ( i assume, as they had hoped). i wouldn't be surprised if they had a family reunion in a secret place planned and hopefully they can "be normal" and relax before their official events.

actually now in Hobart are 7 degress so it is very cold....;)

We're very lucky to have so mny pics from their holidays!! Anyway I hope thay can spend good times in Australia with family and friends despite all these photographers!!!!

CP Mary is constantly stylish and elegant, even more so on this casual holiday. I am so jealous!!! But she has given me so many good ideas!

Playboy prince faces Mary's ire

DAVID MURRAY
August 23, 2008 12:00am

PRINCESS Mary's husband may be in for a rocky reception when he joins her in Tasmania in the next few days.
Danish magazines have reported that, after seeing his wife off from the Olympic city, Crown Prince Frederik became a playboy prince in Beijing, heading out with friends to a nightclub where the theme was Hugh Hefner's raunchy magazine and mansion.
His group, including former Danish tennis player Kenneth Carlsen, was involved in heavy drinking before Frederik took part in a wild session on the dance floor
http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,24230961-3462,00.html

DAVID MURRAY

PRINCESS Mary's husband may be in for a rocky reception when he joins her in Tasmania in the next few days.
Danish magazines have reported that, after seeing his wife off from the Olympic city, Crown Prince Frederik became a playboy prince in Beijing, heading out with friends to a nightclub where the theme was Hugh Hefner's raunchy magazine and mansion.
His group, including former Danish tennis player Kenneth Carlsen, was involved in heavy drinking before Frederik took part in a wild session on the dance floor
Poor Fred can't even enjoy a night on the Town with his friends without it making the news. But, at least Mary knew exactly what and who and where Fred was at all times due to the news, not like other women who's husband's time is not documented when they go out for a night without them.

She is really wonderful, I love to see her dressing like this in an informal way!!!:flowers:

Have loved all these photos even though they are on a private visit and agree that Mary has looked just too good to true on the swings no top riding up as I would have just lovely. Not sure about old Fred and his night clubbing hope it is just "a little bit true" and the rest made up by the media.I think by our Aust. standards 7 degrees is cold but our Mary is just lovely so thanks to all of you for the posting as always am grateful.

DAVID MURRAY

why are people always hinting at prince frederick possible cheating on Mary, or insinuating that????

I can't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom