Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pics with the kids are really nice. Great to see brother & sister interact. I think Christian was a slow starter (probably boys are compared to girls) but he's really making up now. His sister is one of my favourites anyway but I find her outfit dreadful this time (again this pink cardigan combined with a hideous waistcoat) whilst Christian is dressed very stylish. I think the fact that Mary usually has people around her to carry or take care of Isabella allows Christian to be lazy; in real life an almost 3 year old would be forced to walk (or to hop on a kiddie board) whilst his mother has to take care of the toddler sister.
I think that the children's outfits fine for playing in park on a rather cool day. All women, that was lucky enough to have children, know that children don't need to worry about fashion while playing. The pink cardigan is probably one of Isabella favorite things -- lord my children had them -- and they all like to dress themselves at that age. I don't believe that Christian is lazy at all for a three year old, just loves his mother's touch. They both seem to be accustomed to have mom or dad talking and holding or touching them. I am sure that Mary tries, like we all did, to spread her attention between the two. Not always easy.

Christian is wearing that sweeter from Marie Chantal clothes and little Isabella is also very trendy with that fur body warm!!!!But Marie is wearing awful riding boots for a walk in the park....sometimes she tends to be ridiculus.;)
Oh, I love the boots, All the tend here and the stores showing tons of them for fall wear. She is wearing correctly with jeans, etc. and short jacket. There are windows filled with them in town and even Christian Louboutin came out with a pair, in fact looks quite like Mary's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary knows by now that where she goes she has the media around her, even to go out to put her trash outside she has the media around her, privacy is somehting that she only has inside her walls , inside her home!!! She knows that and she knows how to deal with that so she smiles....:flowers:
These photos at the park are lovely, it seams the weather is a bit cold in Hobart, Mary seams to be going for a ride with those boots, not the perfect outfirt for a day in the park...

I agree! I thought "What the.....:huh:". And although I'm sure swings differ from playground to playground and country to country, I'm not sure I'd put my daughter in the swing Ps. Isabella was in at that young of an age, nor would I try to swing with my child in my lap (holding on to him with one hand). That seems a little recklass, although the kids seem to be enjoying it.

Christian is wearing that sweeter from Marie Chantal clothes and little Isabella is also very trendy with that fur body warm!!!!But Marie is wearing awful riding boots for a walk in the park....sometimes she tends to be ridiculus.;)

Marie...:eek:...Where's Marie??...;)

She's wearing riding boots? I bet they are so incredibly comfortable and she wears riding boots rather well.

That seems a little recklass

I certainly can't agree with that, respectively.

We couldn't expect anything more from Mary...I love her but she is fashion addicted, she has very good taste on clothes, always and in every ocassion, that is why she has 18 bags:ermm:

We couldn't expect anything more from Mary...I love her but she is fashion addicted, she has very good taste on clothes, always and in every ocassion, that is why she has 18 bags:ermm:
Hasn't it already been established in the very lengthy discussion of the infamous 18 bags that it included strollers and luggage for her kids and possible luggage for others as well :confused: Every report from the media does not have to be taken at face value after all :cool:

Hasn't it already been established in the very lengthy discussion of the infamous 18 bags that it included strollers and luggage for her kids and possible luggage for others as well :confused: Every report from the media does not have to be taken at face value after all :cool:

amen to that UserDane! Do people ever think 18 bags are not for her only?

As UserDane mentioned, 18 pieces of luggage for the whole group. How many PET-officers are travelling with them? 3 or 4?
With 3 PET-officers they are a group of 8 (incl.Prince Frederik)people, 2 of them toddlers. I think 18 piece aren't too much for so many people.

I suspect that the 18 also includes carry on luggage. So lets do some quick math 18/8 equals 2.25 bags per person. Which means that some people might have had one and a carry on, or some people might have had 3 and others 2 and some people with no carry on. All in all that much baggage, is really not that much baggage. I take two suitcases often when I travel, depending on how long we must be gone. And remember that it is winter down there, so they certainly aren't schlepping along light weight clothes.

how do you knw it is 8 people travel with her?

It was a guess based on the previous post. It would seem logical. Mary, plus 2 children, luggage for her husband, and 3 or 4 protection officers, one per family member.

I suspect that the 18 also includes carry on luggage. So lets do some quick math 18/8 equals 2.25 bags per person. Which means that some people might have had one and a carry on, or some people might have had 3 and others 2 and some people with no carry on. All in all that much baggage, is really not that much baggage. I take two suitcases often when I travel, depending on how long we must be gone. And remember that it is winter down there, so they certainly aren't schlepping along light weight clothes.

Plus they have some events there meaning they need to bring along some dress-up clothes. I think 18 bags is not that much for the group in total.

Well, I went to Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago. I brought one piece of hand luggage and a suitcase. I bought a lot of stuff and went back bringing one piece of hand luggage and two suitcases.

So - I'm worse the Mary. And it isn't even wintertime in Amsterdam or Copenhagen. It is summertime.

Ok, let's count (based on my guess on 3 or 4 protection-officers)

Christian: 1 big suitcase (warm clothes, shoes, etc.), 1 smaller bag (toys etc.), 1 stroller = 3
Isabella: 1 big suitcase (warm clothes, shoes, etc.), 1 smaller bag (toys etc.), 1 stroller = 3
Mary: 1 big suitcase (warm casual clothes), 1 smaller suitcase (shoes, boots, etc), 1 suit bag (with her formal outfits)= 3
Frederik: 1 medium sized/big suitcase (warm casuals things for Tasmania, shoes etc.), 1 suitbag (with his formal outfits for Melbourne + Adelaide) = 2
this are already 11 pieces from the CP-family
This leaves only 7 pieces of luggage for the nanny and lets say 3 PET-officers.

I think I would need as much pieces as the CP-Family if I would travel so far with 2 children, and having offical/formal engagements as well

I do not know how Mary manages to carry Christian around with what looks like such ease. The working out daily seems to work for her because he is a big boy. Love the park pictures, seems like they are all having such a wonderful time. I know they will all be glad to have "Daddy" arrive. I am sure they must miss him.

These photos of the children are adorable. Everyone looks like they are having a great time.

And you'd think in those 18 pieces of luggage she brought with her, there would be a stash of nappies, huh? I guess she is not as organised as we have been lead to believe ;)

And you'd think in those 18 pieces of luggage she brought with her, there would be a stash of nappies, huh? I guess she is not as organised as we have been lead to believe ;)

Or she didn't want to take up space for clothes and shoes with extra nappies that could easily be purchased once she arrived.:flowers:

while i do agree the outfit was a bit too much for the park, i will have to defend her about the swing. in the picture, you can clearly see how her legs were touching the floor, so at the most she was swinging half a metre with christian being held by her, so i guess than even if he fell it wouldn't have been catastrophic.

Well, there is no such thing as showing of your Prada boots in the park, Mary sure does not shy away from the perks Royalty has brought her. Mind you...I'm just jealous.....

Well, there is no such thing as showing of your Prada boots in the park, Mary sure does not shy away from the perks Royalty has brought her. Mind you...I'm just jealous.....
Me Too, and not afraid to admit it;)

So you have to be royalty to own designer boots or shoes and wear them casually...:hiding:

She did?
I´ve already thought that it would be something like that as he seems absolutely not interested in his sister.
Well, probably not unusual for that little gap of age and the boy being the elder one. A little girl would maybe have more of a "2nd mummy"-feeling towards her younger brother.
Hopefully this would change...there are not many ppl in Denmark, who are in a similiar position and of an similar age.
I checked it - since I don't want to spread around untrue stories :rolleyes: - and yes, according to Billed-Bladet she said there is a bit of rivalry between them and that Christian now has accepted the fact there is a little sister (which IMO means that he needed time to accept it). But she also said that Christian is very sweet and protective towards his little sister. She told a story about Christian holding his arms around Isabella's waist when they were sitting in a play cart pulled by their father, so she would not fall out.

i like the ensemble in the park, definitely looks lovely, but it is in my opinion a bit too much for a holiday and a very unsuccesful way of trying 'not to be noticed'. someone else would choose something more normal (just like her sister or nieces), just for the sake of not getting much of the public and media attention.
I personally think the pictures in the park were the - unannounced ? - photo-op for the photographers this time, just like the photo-op in the animal park last time (which was announced and a disaster according to Mary's sister). It was said in Danish media that most of the Danish media people have left Australia now, after they got the pictures they wanted.
So, actually I don't think Mary was unsuccessfully trying "not to be noticed". This wasn't a normal visit to the park IMO, although Mary might have tried to keep it as normal as possible, for the sake of the children.

The two official events Mary will participate in during her visit to Australia have been added to the official calender:
Besøg hos Alannah and Madeline Foundation
Fredag 29. august 2008 kl. 10:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen aflægger som protektor besøg hos The Alannah and Madeline Foundation i Melbourne, Australien.

Åbning af nyt Victor Chang domicil i Sydney
Onsdag 3. september 2008 kl. 11:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i officiel åbning af The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute's nye domicil i Sydney, Australien

The first event is on August 29th in Melbourne, where she will visit the Alannah and Madeline Foundation.
The second is on September 3rd in Sydney, where she will attend the opening of the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute's new centre

:flowers:

I find these pictures rather normal and not at all spectacular.If you think about it a long time, you will find everything cute and adorable about this family. Imagine you would not know these people: I bet you would pass by and ignore them completely.

The two official events Mary will participate in during her visit to Australia have been added to the official calender:

The first event is on August 29th in Melbourne, where she will visit the Alannah and Madeline Foundation.
The second is on September 3rd in Sydney, where she will attend the opening of the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute's new centre

:flowers:

Yes, I guess it's time to get some attention back in Down Under...Homecoming tour Part 3..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom