Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on be real! would anyone buy diapers their brothr/sister's toddler when they visiting?
as a matter of fact i did, and as i did not had any children at the time i bought any brand, my sister in law did not like them butshe used them and she went to buy more when it finish the packaed! they were comming from a long flight of 15 hours and i tried to provided everything for the kids and when i went to visit them and my mother, my mother bought absolutely anything i need for my daugther and i did not need to have to fly with the pram or car seat, tey got one for me ready

So your sister eventually went out and bought diapers for herself. Just like any normal person. Why should her sisters have to do that sort of thing. When we have people come to visit with children I try to buy most things that they will need, but generally I leave the food and toiletry items to them as they might have preferences.

She bought nappies. NO BIG DEAL. It's not fishy, and I seriously doubt it was any kind of publicity stunt. I am sure that the DRF can come up with better ones if they feel there is a need.

I really think this entire things is getting out of hand. Who cares what she purchased. Maybe it was something altogether different and she didn't want the world to know. The Pampers were a cover. No matter what she does or where she goes, someone will question the action.

Thank you paty and mitchell for the links. Paparazzi debate aside, it really looks like mary is happy to be in hobart.

I think reading such intent into the smile in the photo is a bit much. Maybe (giving her the benefit of the doubt) she just makes the best out of a less than ideal situation?

I think it was me who brought up the smile - all I meant by it was simply that while she may not like it, she hardly seems miserable. Really what you said in the 2nd sentance above. Sorry I didnt express myself very well.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

We're just making huge mountains outta tiny mole holl if you ask me... :whistling:

I give her credit for smiling plus getting it over with and not behaving like P W-A did in New Zealand when he told the camera men to get lost he was on vacation.

Yes he managed to achieve bad press for that one here (NZ) where noone has a clue who he is, for that one!

I confess to not seeing what the big deal is about. How many times have we seen paparrazzi taking photos of royals while they were shopping or doing things on their own private time?:rolleyes:

I am sure that if we had seen someone buying diapers headed back to her Mary's sisters house, her detractors would quickly claim that Mary is just too "snobby" to buy diapers for her children.:rolleyes:

There is no way she could have won in this situation, there really isnt. :bang:

I'm devestated!!

Here I am applying makeup before I leave the house and not a single pap in sight! I'm here, I'm ready...alas, am I to be seized upon by no media contingent??? I've been expecting them for weeks now...:D

she is a slave to fashion

No no, I'M what you'd call a slave to fashion. Even when I'm away from work, I'm still doing something in relation to work. That's a 'slave to fashion'.

And you truly think Mary's "bad"? Check out my wardrobe, and then you will I'm sure, gladely retract the above statement...:lol::ROFLMAO:

Pics 20.8.2008

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark takes her children Prince Christian and
Princess Isabella to a Hobart park to play on August 20, 2008 in Hobart,
Tasmania, Australia

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

LOL I can hear that one! You mean this is what they spend my tax euros on.:D

No, I don't minde spending my tax money on TRF. The suitcase/nappi debate is just a absolute non-issue.

thanks for new pics!!

Princess Isabella is such a cutie!!! I can't wait to see her walking all by herself!!!

I love princess mary's look!!!

... so why the need for Mary to venture out and purchase these things? Just to be seen and be visible and get the photo ops out of the way before the real private holiday begins, I suppose?

I think Mary just wanted to show off her new sunglasses, those Prada ones are cool, yes, she is a slave to fashion ;)

Yes let's be fair and say the whole thing only happened to give the paps a nice opportunity at the beginning in order to keep them off for the rest of their stay Down Under ;) and yes these Prada sunglasses are really looking stylish :)

:flowers:

ETA: Article from Billed Bladet about the park visit and the trip to Salamanca Place

Last edited:
The pics with the kids are really nice. Great to see brother & sister interact. I think Christian was a slow starter (probably boys are compared to girls) but he's really making up now. His sister is one of my favourites anyway but I find her outfit dreadful this time (again this pink cardigan combined with a hideous waistcoat) whilst Christian is dressed very stylish. I think the fact that Mary usually has people around her to carry or take care of Isabella allows Christian to be lazy; in real life an almost 3 year old would be forced to walk (or to hop on a kiddie board) whilst his mother has to take care of the toddler sister.

it's so great to see so many pics from this beautiful family!!!!

Princess Mary is becoming my favourite princess!!!!

I think the fact that Mary usually has people around her to carry or take care of Isabella allows Christian to be lazy; in real life an almost 3 year old would be forced to walk (or to hop on a kiddie board) whilst his mother has to take care of the toddler sister.
Not 100% sure about this but I think at the annual press conference in Caix Queen Margrethe said something along the line that Christian is a little bit jealous of his little sister. I also remember a Se&Hoer article this summer about Christian throwing a tantrum because he wanted to be carried by his mother as soon as he saw Isabella being handed over to somebody else (and his mother's arms free therefore).

It happened with my own children too, the elder one suddenly made a step back, so to speak, and wanted to be treated/carried like the younger one. So, I think this might be a reason why Mary is seen carrying Christian quite often.

in real life an almost 3 year old would be forced to walk (or to hop on a kiddie board) whilst his mother has to take care of the toddler sister.

Nope. My children are exactely the same age as Christian and Isabella (born 12.11.2005 and 30.03.2007) and we still have the opportunity for the older child to be carried or pushed in a stroler (ours is a cycle trailer where both children can be seated) Such small children still just don't always have the power for longer walks. And sometimes they just got bored and can hardly be forced to walk any further. Being 2 years 3/4 at age is very young - they still do need a lot of support to feel love and accepted.

The sunglasses are :eek: but they seem to have a lot of fun anyways. Wish them all a very nice time in Tasmania

His sister is one of my favourites anyway but I find her outfit dreadful this time (again this pink cardigan combined with a hideous waistcoat) whilst Christian is dressed very stylish.
I think Isabella is dressed to keep warm and play. If Mary started turning the children out in the kiddy version of haut couture the Danish press would be moaning about her being spendthrift and the Australian press that she was being pretentious. :ermm:

Love the pictures of Mary and Christian swinging! :D
Great to see both kids.
Isabella looks so much like Christian when he was in her age.
Both kids are really adorable.

Mary knows by now that where she goes she has the media around her, even to go out to put her trash outside she has the media around her, privacy is somehting that she only has inside her walls , inside her home!!! She knows that and she knows how to deal with that so she smiles....:flowers:
These photos at the park are lovely, it seams the weather is a bit cold in Hobart, Mary seams to be going for a ride with those boots, not the perfect outfirt for a day in the park...

Not 100% sure about this but I think at the annual press conference in Caix Queen Margrethe said something along the line that Christian is a little bit jealous of his little sister. I also remember a Se&Hoer article this summer about Christian throwing a tantrum because he wanted to be carried by his mother as soon as he saw Isabella being handed over to somebody else (and his mother's arms free therefore).

It happened with my own children too, the elder one suddenly made a step back, so to speak, and wanted to be treated/carried like the younger one. So, I think this might be a reason why Mary is seen carrying Christian quite often.

She did?
I´ve already thought that it would be something like that as he seems absolutely not interested in his sister.
Well, probably not unusual for that little gap of age and the boy being the elder one. A little girl would maybe have more of a "2nd mummy"-feeling towards her younger brother.
Hopefully this would change...there are not many ppl in Denmark, who are in a similiar position and of an similar age.

I'm devestated!!

Here I am applying makeup before I leave the house and not a single pap in sight! I'm here, I'm ready...alas, am I to be seized upon by no media contingent??? I've been expecting them for weeks now...:D

No no, I'M what you'd call a slave to fashion. Even when I'm away from work, I'm still doing something in relation to work. That's a 'slave to fashion'.

And you truly think Mary's "bad"? Check out my wardrobe, and then you will I'm sure, gladely retract the above statement...:lol::ROFLMAO:

Don't worry M R . The day you will be in a hurry to run somewhere and do not apply make up, you will not only bump into everyone you know but there will be something happening the TV cameras will be there and they will have your picture all over the 10 o'clock news!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:
Still, I think Mary is handling this whole circus with the photographers and gawkers, beautifully. I wonder though if the children feel somehow trapped or chased. They are too young to understand what is happenning.

I feel like a complete idiot! I was looking at the pictures and thinking "Why are they dressed in such warm clothes?" DUH!:lol::lol:

Thanks for the pictures everybody. The kids looked like they had a really great time at the park. I love the pictures of Princess Isabella walking!

I'm so glad to see Christian & Isabella again and they are so big already. But I was thinking that although I'm happy for these photos I'm little bit sad that photographers are following them everywhere. But they all are so happy and enjoying themselves in park but why Isabella must be wear such clothes?! I'm sure there are much beautiful clothes for little girl. But it's not so important - most important is that they all are together and happy :flowers:

I also remember a Se&Hoer article this summer about Christian throwing a tantrum because he wanted to be carried by his mother as soon as he saw Isabella being handed over to somebody else (and his mother's arms free therefore).

In real life there is hardly somebody else around to hand the smaller child over to, meaning the older child either has to walk or to jump on a board :) Christian is lucky that in his case things are different and his mother is able to carry him although he is well capable of walking on his own (in contrast to Isabella who depends on her mother or a stroller).

Don't worry M R . The day you will be in a hurry to run somewhere and do not apply make up, you will not only bump into everyone you know but there will be something happening the TV cameras will be there and they will have your picture all over the 10 o'clock news!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:

We can only hope, darling...:D

Still, I think Mary is handling this whole circus with the photographers and gawkers, beautifully. I wonder though if the children feel somehow trapped or chased. They are too young to understand what is happenning.

I have a feeling Christian is particularly accustomed to their presence. Not once have I ever seen a photo or footage oh him shying away or making it known he doesn't like them being there. Given his intended future, it's no doubt for the best that he does familiarise with the circus that is, from such an early age. Within its' limitations, of course.

such lovely pictures! they really look like they are having a good time. it must be really emotional for mary to take both of her kids to australia and meet her family again.

the kids are absolutely lovely dressed in their winter clothes. are the other young girls mary's nieces with her sister?

i like the ensemble in the park, definitely looks lovely, but it is in my opinion a bit too much for a holiday and a very unsuccesful way of trying 'not to be noticed'. someone else would choose something more normal (just like her sister or nieces), just for the sake of not getting much of the public and media attention.

love the photos, thank you so much!
just I woonder if all this royals get the photos from this web sites for themselves, i am sure they know about it, i think if I was one of them I will get all the photos and have my own album there are such a lovely shts, always even in state events

Lovely photos, and lovely to see!!!!!

The Children are so cute and adorable!!!!

Christian is wearing that sweeter from Marie Chantal clothes and little Isabella is also very trendy with that fur body warm!!!!But Marie is wearing awful riding boots for a walk in the park....sometimes she tends to be ridiculus.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom