The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Courtier

Yes, he was certainly feeling unwell. Also, he travelled from one adverse weather condition to another in a short space of time. Love the chic black number Mary wore.

Empress, I agree 100% with your comments.

Stellad

Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thank you for sharing the video. Mary looked nice, I also like how she is working while on a family holiday/break.
I think the Foundation are paying her expenses on the mainland - which is saving the Danish taxpayer some money and also not costing the Australian taxpayer. A win-win.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
I think the Foundation are paying her expenses on the mainland - which is saving the Danish taxpayer some money and also not costing the Australian taxpayer. A win-win.
mmm, i doubt it works like that. mary doesn't get more money from denmark if she goes on holiday. the DRF is assigned an x sum of money and then they use it as they please. if she were in australia for an official visit, then i guess it would be the state paying for that, but since it's a private one, i guess any of the money for it comes from mary's (and frederik's) allowance.

Quote:
As for the seating arrangements. she is an authorised dignitary and would require, just like any other dignitary, enough room for any travelling entourage (security, nanny etc). Australia's domestic carriers are budget airlines and bare no 'class' distinction so having a few seats between the public and the Crown Princely family is perfectly understandable.
i find it great if mary wants to travel low cost. however, if you want special treatment, then chose a service that provides it. flying low cost certainly sounds great (saving money and, most importantly, gives a great public image), but asking for some privileges in a service whose very intrinsic nature denies is not appropriate in my opinion. moreover, if we are talking about privacy and this being a private, holiday trip, travelling in a plane asking for more space than anyone else isn't the best way to go unnoticed.

now, coming back to topic, i find it great that mary found some time in her holiday to offer her support to the A&M charity. it certainly seems quite a good charity to be involved with.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, i was wondering if she too her hair stylist with her? her hair looks fatastic, i love this updo!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Gentry

Is there video footage of the speech mary gave at the dinner?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I have one question.
I read once that when she arrive for first time to denmark and no press knew about her, Fred ask a friend to have her in their house, he was going out with hr for such a time and nobody knew so he knew how to keep things in secret and out the press, if they wanted really privacy couldn't he do the same like before?
I completely agree with you
Old 08-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

Is there a link to the video about the gala dinner?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Gentry

Zimbio photos
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/BVa3z...ary+Of+Denmark
All the best Mitchell
Old 08-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw all those photos and I must say that I don't like her hairdo. Frederik kysser nervøs Mary - MSN Starlounge
Her dress is quite nice but could be shorter and should do something with the top of it or with sleeves and take some brooch. Doesn't she look little tired and I don't know like she take some weight?

They do what they want with that what they recive (money). Like many other parents they want and try do the best for their children.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Serene Highness

When will they come back to Denmark?? at the end of that week??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark, who is visiting Melbourne this weekend, and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, have more in common than meets the eye.
Their sons will one day be kings of their respective countries.
Both boys will be different from their predecessors and neither will be subjected to the dysfunction that plagued the houses of Windsor and Oldenburg.
William of Wales and Christian of Demark have a lot in common.
They are distant cousins, descended from Queen Victoria
God save DIY princesses | Herald Sun
Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The ongoing debate regarding Princess Isabella's $700 fur jacket thingy has been moved
here to the Royals and Fur thread.

Thank you,
GT
Danish Mod.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark, who is visiting Melbourne this weekend, and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, have more in common than meets the eye. . . . . .
God save DIY princesses | Herald Sun
It's that time of year again, where the media tries to get a fresh slant on the Diana Tragedy and, in this case, it's more than a reach. The statement that they are "DIY princesses" is hilarious. The didn't marry a prince on their own. In each case there is a husband (prince), children (prince/princess)and extended family (middle class to Queen). DIY . . . I dont think so!

Princess Diana and Princess Mary have nothing in common except that they both married a Crown Prince. End of story!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well some of the things the article points out are true, superficial though they may be:
Quote:
Their sons will one day be kings of their respective countries.
Quote:
Mary and Diana decided their boys would have as normal an upbringing as possible.

But, just as an aside, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy nappies from the supermarket, rather than a pharmacy??? (I mean, were she simple being "Mary of Hobart"...)

Quote:
Last week in Tasmania, the Crown Princess of Denmark was Mary of Hobart, driving to the pharmacy for nappies. Oh, and she brought her own pusher when she arrived home -- on a cut-price Jetstar flight.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary opens cardiac institute | The Australian

Video at this article.

Article with picture (click to enlarge)

Picture gallery from the Sydney Morning Herald

Picture gallery from Getty Images

Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Serene Highness

Great to see her again!!!

I love her purple outfit!!!

Will she attend at a gala dinner tonight with Prince Fredrik??

Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is a dinner, I'm not sure if its a gala or not, and yes Frederik will attend (it said so in the 7 news video).
Old 09-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics

Zimbio
Princess Mary Opens The New Cardiac Clinic At St. Vincents Hospital - Pictures - Zimbio

Getty
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

It's lovely the way HRH interacts with children...always down on their level

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...essede/HRH.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ssede/HRH1.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Serene Highness

She's so beautiful!!!!!

Their holidays are almost done now!!! when will they be back in Copenhagen?

Tags
australia, christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, holiday, isabella, mary, mary donaldson, prince christian, prince frederik, princess isabella, vacation