Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the comments. Wow! They are harsh! I wonder if it is really true that there were hardly any people present and that they had to pull children out of school to stand in the background?

One of the comments was posted by Teresa Page who knows Mary from her old life in Sydney. She is the owner of " Starmaker" agency..:whistling:

Since this commenter knew Mary, I wonder if her comments were true, or if she posted this out of spite. Does she not like Mary, or were they friends in the past?

Mary was Teresas customer. She took lessons at Teresas " Starmaker " agency after meeting Fred in Sydney in 2000.

One of the comments was posted by Teresa Page who knows Mary from her old life in Sydney. She is the owner of " Starmaker" agency..:whistling:

Now do you honestly believe Teresa Page, the owner of "Starmakers" would publicly state something like that? The answer is, no. Clearly, that comment was made by either: A) Someone with the same name. B) A bitter internet gossipmonger who has nothing else better to do than to make up a faux story about what happened. Obviously, the latter is the correct answer.

With that being said, let's get back on topic and try to focus on the event itself, not cheesy gossip. Thank you:flowers:

Well, I havn't been there. But when you watch the video it it obvious that the place wasn't packed with people. Why should she lie about the fact that there haven't been more than 20 people? There are worse things on earth...:cool:

Who cares if there were 2, 20, 200, or 2 billion people standing outside there? That's not the point of the event. There was an important purpose to the event ... and here's a hint: It's not the people standing outside.;)

And did she lie? Direct quote, please?

Who cares if there were 2, 20, 200, or 2 billion people standing outside there? That's not the point of the event. There was an important purpose to the event ... and here's a hint: It's not the people standing outside.;)

You're absolutely right . But I am not sure if Marys PR lady knows that.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you're blaming the PR lady for the supposed "lie".

Ahhhh, gotcha. Yes, Mary is to blame directly.:D

I was refering to the comment at the end of this article ( scroll down, its the first comment ).;)

( Quote )
Originally Posted by JessRulz

Video at this article.
(Quote )

No one answered me about my question. I am really curious now. Maybe a bit too curious;)

Whoever they are, I much like it better here anyways!

Well, I havn't been there. But when you watch the video it it obvious that the place wasn't packed with people. Why should she lie about the fact that there haven't been more than 20 people? There are worse things on earth...:cool:

There were only about 20 fans as such - the rest of the crowd was definitely primary school children. They may have been called in late by the organisers of the event, and Mary's PR agent, to make up the numbers, as usually schoolkids assemble well in advance (we've all done it!). After all, it was an event as part of a private visit so why should there be a crowd? There had been little publicity about Mary and Fred being in Sydney, again, because it was a private visit. They were staying in a new Lend Lease apartment being marketed by Fred's old friend from Belle Property, and catching up with Amber (again. still). The apartment has been described as upmarket, but actually $2.75 million is not expensive by Sydney standards. If Fred and Mary are going to be accused of being lavish and sponging on rich friends, they would have to be staying at Point Piper or Elizabeth Bay. Manly is a few rungs down from the silvertail parts of Sydney ...

There were only about 20 fans as such - the rest of the crowd was definitely primary school children. They may have been called in late by the organisers of the event, and Mary's PR agent, to make up the numbers, as usually schoolkids assemble well in advance (we've all done it!). After all, it was an event as part of a private visit so why should there be a crowd?

Who cares if there were 2, 20, 200, or 2 billion people standing outside there?

I agree. Whether there was a crowd or not - is irrelevant. Mary is not Obama going to Berlin to make a statement in an election campaign. She is a Danish CP supporting an issue that is serious in Australia and just as serious in Danmark and in the rest of the world for that matter - heart disease.

And the children outside - they had a one in a lifetime opportunity to see a real Princess. That's all - and it was jolly nice!

Anyway, the idea of royals having fans is something that is very remote in my way of comprehending the monarchy and The DRF. Monarchy isn't about stardom or celebrity status. It is about 1) being head of state, 2) the constitution and 3) the history of the nation which in this case is Denmark.

Really, if the only one who had come as a spectator - was a three legged cat - I would have found that to be all right.

I just read the comments. Wow! They are harsh! I wonder if it is really true that there were hardly any people present and that they had to pull children out of school to stand in the background?
Ok to me it didnt look like a huge crowd to start with and the school mentioned in the article comments is the same as the one reported in other press .:eek: On the other hand a friend of mine was trying to get to work in the area and security delayed her so perhaps that happened to some fans??? And its about time for the 'tall poppy syndrome' to kick in, in Australia, the novelty having worn off so to speak, so it could be that as well. Btw did you read the second page it was worse.:ermm: Ido remember reading in one media report that she greeted the children and spoke with them which I thought was nice:flowers:

The delays were caused by security barriers set up all the way along the street - it looks as though they expected a big crowd, and there wasn't one.

Mhh, the way you said it was very kind indeed. But "It's very kind of you to come and see me" ? Nice words but a bit too much ME, IMO. Wasn't it about the Victor Chang Foundation? She was the guest to the event. Well, just my opinion..

I counted only one ME in that quote. The people standing out there waiting were obviously there to see her. I am sure they were! Who else were they waiting for? I know it was about the Victor Chang foundation but i think its safe to say they were waiting to see her.
Anyhow, i think she just meant thank you for saying hi to her or whatever, its nto really a big deal is it?

I counted only one ME in that quote. The people standing out there waiting were obviously there to see her. I am sure they were! Who else were they waiting for? I know it was about the Victor Chang foundation but i think its safe to say they were waiting to see her.
Anyhow, i think she just meant thank you for saying hi to her or whatever, its nto really a big deal is it?

Couldnt have put it better myself Australian!
Thank you

Mary's visit to Victor Chang was not well advertised. Not too many people knew where it was even on the day. By that time people have their plans. I'm guessing the extra barriers were a precaution just in case.

Wonderful speeches. I am pleased to see that she used her speech for the Hannah and Madeline Foundation to speak about cyber-bullying and cyber-predators, which are both huge problems throughout the world.

I know that there are some photo´s of Mary, Frederik and Amber leaving a restaurant? at colorpress.com, but i can't seem them because i can't login in, can someone help pleas? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the same small group of infamous internet people who complain and otherwise dislike everything Crown Princess Mary. Sad really... when a small handful of people whine about a woman with whom they never and will never meet.:rolleyes:

Well, the same could be said about the handful of people blindly idolizing CP Mary on this forum. I have been in touch with someone, who was present in front of the Victor Chang building. There were VERY,VERY few people, but still four block had been closed off for traffic. Overkill,IMO. I have also spoken to the head mistress at the nearby Darlinghurst Public School. She told me that when they heard of the impending royal visitor just down the street ,about 50 of their children were allowed to go and have a look. Some of the younger ones thought they were going to meet princess Lea from "Star Wars."
As for PR-person Nina Fudala? She will say anything to stay in the good books of the palace in Copenhagen. Sad, really...

Once again Villeman, " I have been in touch with someone...." Who is this someone. Same ole, same ole.

Stellad

Not be funny...but do they even know who Princess Leia is...school kids?

In this instance Mary can't win....why shouldn't she visit her family? If she does, why should she spend all of her time holed up in her sister's house. Who hasn't made a combined a personal stay with some business? If she doesn't visit, people will claim she has forgotten her roots. If she spends her time at a hotel..she is too good to stay at her sister's house, etc. It will never end.

Last edited:
Zonk, I couldn't agree with you more. She simply cannot win, and it is unfortunate.

Well, the same could be said about the handful of people blindly idolizing CP Mary on this forum. I have been in touch with someone, who was present in front of the Victor Chang building. There were VERY,VERY few people, but still four block had been closed off for traffic. Overkill,IMO. I have also spoken to the head mistress at the nearby Darlinghurst Public School. She told me that when they heard of the impending royal visitor just down the street ,about 50 of their children were allowed to go and have a look. Some of the younger ones thought they were going to meet princess Lea from "Star Wars."
As for PR-person Nina Fudala? She will say anything to stay in the good books of the palace in Copenhagen. Sad, really...

That may be true to an extent Trine; however, there is an obvious difference. What is it you may ask? Diverse opinions regarding Crown Princess Mary. Extreme right, moderate, and extreme left.

Furthermore, as I have said, the main issue has NOTHING to do with how many darn people were standing outside the event to see her. If you honestly believe that is more important than the sole reason for her attending the VC thingy, well, that can be considered "Sad, really". Sad, sad indeed.

:D

Last edited:
Furthermore, as I have said, the main issue has NOTHING to do with how many darn people were standing outside the event to see her. If you honestly believe that is more important than the sole reason for her attending the VC thingy, well, that can be considered "Sad, really". Sad, sad indeed.

:D

I totally concur.

Well, the same could be said about the handful of people blindly idolizing CP Mary on this forum

That remark is simply..........................silly :chicken:

I totally concur.

That remark is simply..........................silly :chicken:

Some are going to find fault regardless of whatever she does. Blaming her for everything that goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom