The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Princess Mary's Working Visit to Russia; October 8-9, 2012

H.R.H. the Crown Princess Visit To Russia: October 8 - 9, 2012

Quote:
...Among these business events a reception will showcase Green Denmark in terms of New Nordic Food as well as Energy Efficiency; at the reception H.R.H. the Crown Princess will hand over the Danish Export Associations Diploma and H.R.H. Prince Henriks Medal of Honour.

Furthermore breakfast and roundtable meetings will be arranged and a signature ceremony will seal a partnership agreement between Denmark and several Russian regions within environment projects...
Source

Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A brief description on Mary's events in Russia
see here

Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary at the opening ceremony of the Wild Swan exhibition at the State Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg today, October 8, 2012.
first pictures APA-PictureDesk
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Fairy tale

Normally I rarely comment on hair. But has Mary just had a really good hair-day or has her hairdresser really nailed it?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps the hair gods have been kind, but I think the hairdresser has done what he is payed to do

It's appearances like these that I think her hair looks lovely when worn down; If not sexy. When her hair is down and straight I don't find it flatters her face.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

BILLEDBLADET is traveled with Mary to St. Petersburg

Billed-Bladet - Nu er Kronprinsesse Mary i St. Petersborg
(I guess the picture is from Mary's arrival at the airport earlier today)
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another gallery of the exhibition opening today:

** tanjug.rs: Danish Princess in Hermitage **
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark takes part in the ceremony of signing a memorandum of understanding between Carlsberg Group (Baltika) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization UNIDO.

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3879...ark?m=mikmijfn
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3879...ark?m=ipienaho
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3879...ark?m=dlhifkhp

Info about the Agreement

Carlsberg Group, the worlds fourth largest brewer, and its subsidiary Baltika
Breweries, Russias largest beer company, are to invest up to 1 billion Rubles
(around EURO 25m) in environmental projects in Russia related to water,
agriculture and climate change...
http://europeaninvestor.com/SiteFile...wtLang=Spanish

More photos. The visiting Princess conducted today a master class for children to create decoupage pieces at the art studio of the State Hermitage Museum, according to local media.

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3879...ark?m=njfklfkn
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3879...ark?m=jmnagdkn
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3879...ark?m=gfgddbcc

Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Royal Highness

Crown Princess Mary speaks with a little girl as she visits an art studio at the State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, on October 9, 2012.

http://www.newscom.com/nc/popupimgwa...cs/748/969.thm

BT has a large and great gallery with pictures from today and yesterday

Kronprinsesse Mary bner udstilling i St. Petersborg | www.bt.dk
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pity this is such a short visit. Mary looked quite nice yesterday. For some reason the heavy make up did suit her.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Aristocracy

She doesnt look comfortable in herself anymore I dont know what it is but she always looks worried and doesnt smile openly anymore. Maybe its because the media only choose to show these sorts of pics of her and the smiley ones are left out all we seem to see now is her unsmiling and when she does its like its forced or shes sad trying to put on a brave face. Its a shame because I really like her as a royal.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some more pics from yesterday can also be found here:

** lehtikuva.fi: Prinsessa Mary ihasteli anoppinsa suunnittelemaa elokuvapuvustusta Eremitaasissa **

And the following gallery from dagbladetringskjern.dk includes some more pics of yesterday and today
(a few more than the bt.dk gallery posted above):

** Mary i St. Petersborg - nye billeder ** kongehuset.dk: Besg i Skt. Petersborg **
Old 10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
She doesnt look comfortable in herself anymore I dont know what it is but she always looks worried and doesnt smile openly anymore. Maybe its because the media only choose to show these sorts of pics of her and the smiley ones are left out all we seem to see now is her unsmiling and when she does its like its forced or shes sad trying to put on a brave face. Its a shame because I really like her as a royal.
I couldn't disagree more. To me she seems more comfortable and more relaxed in front of the cameras now than she used to be (I often had the feeling she is trying too hard).
And there are a lot of pics from Malta, Brazil, NY, Dk and now St. Petersburg where she smiles openly - and naturally.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.
Me either, in fact I'm seeing her come into her own as a woman and as a princess. There's never any question of what she represents; she will be Queen Consort of Denmark and she knows it. It's wonderful to see.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what helenbeee's on about either

I don't think there is anything at all which would suggest Mary is unhappy. She certainly doesn't present a picture of a woman experiencing personal unhappiness. Quite the opposite infact.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pics.

Security is pretty heavy, I counted four protection officers at the exhibition. I believe I recognice one of them as being from PET, the rest must be Russian.

Perhaps someone in the know can answer this: What agency provides protection for visiting dignitaries to Russia?
Local police?
FSB?
Or Ministry of Interior perhaps?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Courtier

I agree with dbarn the crown princess seems very intune with herself and quite happy. On the odd occasion when she looks reflective I imagine she might be thinking about her 4 children left at home. But more likely at some of these events a serious issue is being discussed and it wouldn't be wise to smile through someones speech.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The State Hermitage Museum: Crown Princess Mary's visit (day I)
The State Hermitage Museum:Crown Princess Mary's visit (day II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks for the pics.

Security is pretty heavy, I counted four protection officers at the exhibition. I believe I recognice one of them as being from PET, the rest must be Russian.

Perhaps someone in the know can answer this: What agency provides protection for visiting dignitaries to Russia?
Local police?
FSB?
Or Ministry of Interior perhaps?
To the best of my knowledge, Federal Protective Service (FSO) provides protection to any dignitary visiting Russia.
Federal Protective Service (Russia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
To the best of my knowledge, Federal Protective Service (FSO) provides protection to any dignitary visiting Russia.
Federal Protective Service (Russia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you, Al Bina

Most interesting!