Crown Princess Mary's Working Visit to Russia: October 8-9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
H.R.H. the Crown Princess Visit To Russia: October 8 - 9, 2012

...Among these business events a reception will showcase Green Denmark in terms of New Nordic Food as well as Energy Efficiency; at the reception H.R.H. the Crown Princess will hand over the Danish Export Associations Diploma and H.R.H. Prince Henriks Medal of Honour.

Furthermore breakfast and roundtable meetings will be arranged and a signature ceremony will seal a partnership agreement between Denmark and several Russian regions within environment projects...
Source

Last edited:
Mary at the opening ceremony of the Wild Swan exhibition at the State Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg today, October 8, 2012.
first pictures APA-PictureDesk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fairy tale :flowers:

Normally I rarely comment on hair. But has Mary just had a really good hair-day or has her hairdresser really nailed it?

Perhaps the hair gods have been kind, but I think the hairdresser has done what he is payed to do ;)

It's appearances like these that I think her hair looks lovely when worn down; If not sexy. When her hair is down and straight I don't find it flatters her face.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark takes part in the ceremony of signing a memorandum of understanding between Carlsberg Group (Baltika) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization UNIDO.

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:38795621:preview:watermark?m=mikmijfn
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:38795078:preview:watermark?m=ipienaho
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:38794934:preview:watermark?m=dlhifkhp

Info about the Agreement

Carlsberg Group, the world’s fourth largest brewer, and its subsidiary Baltika
Breweries, Russia’s largest beer company, are to invest up to 1 billion Rubles
(around EURO 25m) in environmental projects in Russia related to water,
agriculture and climate change.´..
http://europeaninvestor.com/SiteFil...CompanyCode=DK-CBG&MenuItem=91&wtLang=Spanish

More photos. The visiting Princess conducted today a master class for children to create decoupage pieces at the art studio of the State Hermitage Museum, according to local media.

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:38798406:preview:watermark?m=njfklfkn
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:38798246:preview:watermark?m=jmnagdkn
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:38797987:preview:watermark?m=gfgddbcc

Pity this is such a short visit. Mary looked quite nice yesterday. For some reason the heavy make up did suit her.

She doesnt look comfortable in herself anymore I dont know what it is but she always looks worried and doesnt smile openly anymore. Maybe its because the media only choose to show these sorts of pics of her and the smiley ones are left out all we seem to see now is her unsmiling and when she does its like its forced or shes sad trying to put on a brave face. Its a shame because I really like her as a royal.

Last edited:
She doesnt look comfortable in herself anymore I dont know what it is but she always looks worried and doesnt smile openly anymore. Maybe its because the media only choose to show these sorts of pics of her and the smiley ones are left out all we seem to see now is her unsmiling and when she does its like its forced or shes sad trying to put on a brave face. Its a shame because I really like her as a royal.
I couldn't disagree more. To me she seems more comfortable and more relaxed in front of the cameras now than she used to be (I often had the feeling she is trying too hard).
And there are a lot of pics from Malta, Brazil, NY, Dk and now St. Petersburg where she smiles openly - and naturally.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.:flowers:

I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.:flowers:

Me either, in fact I'm seeing her come into her own as a woman and as a princess. There's never any question of what she represents; she will be Queen Consort of Denmark and she knows it. It's wonderful to see.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what helenbeee's on about either ;)

I don't think there is anything at all which would suggest Mary is unhappy. She certainly doesn't present a picture of a woman experiencing personal unhappiness. Quite the opposite infact.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Security is pretty heavy, I counted four protection officers at the exhibition. I believe I recognice one of them as being from PET, the rest must be Russian.

Perhaps someone in the know can answer this: What agency provides protection for visiting dignitaries to Russia?
Local police?
FSB?
Or Ministry of Interior perhaps?

I agree with dbarn the crown princess seems very intune with herself and quite happy. On the odd occasion when she looks reflective I imagine she might be thinking about her 4 children left at home. But more likely at some of these events a serious issue is being discussed and it wouldn't be wise to smile through someones speech.

The State Hermitage Museum: Crown Princess Mary's visit (day I)
The State Hermitage Museum:Crown Princess Mary's visit (day II)

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Security is pretty heavy, I counted four protection officers at the exhibition. I believe I recognice one of them as being from PET, the rest must be Russian.

Perhaps someone in the know can answer this: What agency provides protection for visiting dignitaries to Russia?
Local police?
FSB?
Or Ministry of Interior perhaps?
To the best of my knowledge, Federal Protective Service (FSO) provides protection to any dignitary visiting Russia.
Federal Protective Service (Russia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what helenbeee's on about either ;)

I don't think there is anything at all which would suggest Mary is unhappy. She certainly doesn't present a picture of a woman experiencing personal unhappiness. Quite the opposite infact.

I didnt say she was unhappy she just seems a little guarded to me that is all. But its more a question of the images chosen by the media rather than Mary herself who Im sure is very happy with her lovely family. More a question on how the media trying to portray her.

Dont get me wrong I love Mary as a Tasmanian who saw her and Fred in their courting days in person I would definitely say that theirs looks a longlasting and loving relationship.

:)

Not a problem helenbeee. Your perception is your perception :)

I have six of the ten major national newspapers delivered at my home each day and none in my recollection have ever painted a picture of a woman guarded. However, do you think your perception may have more to do with Mary now being a mother of four young children which has made her become more aware of her surrounds in general?

I'd imagine that always thinking of your children's best interests and whose around them would naturally make you more aware of your own surrounds in time as well.

The high heeled shoes she's wearing on Day II - are they called Mary Janes? - are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL.

I wish I could walk around in heels like that!

The high heeled shoes she's wearing on Day II - are they called Mary Janes? - are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL.

I wish I could walk around in heels like that!
No, they are not called Mary Janes. Although they have a strap over the instep they do not qualify.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2012.
Mary på russisk visit (wordplay) - Mary on a Russian visit.
Written by our man in Russia Henrik Salling.

Covering the first couple of days of her visit. Mary and her LiW stays at Hotel Grand Europe.
The purpose of the visit is very much to promote Danish culture as a logic continuation (and incorporation) of the commerce offensive to Russia. Culture is something the Russians traditionally put a lot of emphasiz on.
Mary was officially there to open an exhibition about movie The Wild Swans, but while there she also adds a good deal of focus on Danish businesses in Russia. (*)
The works of H. C. Andersen is a mandatory part of the school curriculum in Russia, and as such practically all Russians are familiar with his stories. (**)
Now, Mary is a woman and she wear dresses and she is pretty glamorous, so she has attracted a very considerable attention from in particular the local papers and networks, who admittedly didn't know much about the DRF, but now the Russian state-TV intends to show more.

Mary, now having a lot of routine said all the right things: "I've looked forward to returning to the city and that the Wild Swans are shown here, comfirms the close bonds between Russian and Denmark. Bonds that have grown even stronger after the visit of my parents-in-law last year. (***)
When I was a child my parents read aloud from the fairy tales of H. C. Andersen. Now we read the very same fairy tales aloud for our own children.
I hope the exhibition will give the visitors an insight into the creation of the movie and it is genuinely a great honor for me to open the exhibition, which can now be shown in these beautiful settings.
The stories of H. C. Andersen are eternally contemporary and relevant for the whole world.
I hope the Exhibition will appeal to all as it has to me". (****)
The exhibition is located at the Winter Palace.

While Mary was in Saint Petersburg she handed out the Prince Henrik Medal of Honor (a commerce order) to the manager of Rockwool in Russia, Nick Vince. - As several local networks were in the heels of Mary it's no wonder his smile was so broad that his face almost split in two.

(*) Oh yes, this is very much about money.

(**) That is also the case in China, where for example the story of the Girl with the Match Sticks has been interpreted as being anti-captalism.
Needless to say the Emperor's New Clothes was/is a particular favorite in both Russia and China.

(***) The bonds have not always been that tight. In fact Russia put DK on ice after the Danish government took a "wrong" stance in connection with the situation in Caucasus. So we have been doing a lot of sucking up to Russia, including delighting President Putin recently. QMII is "culturniy"!

(****) Well, the movie didn't appeal that much to me, but then I'm not culturniy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom