Crown Princess Mary's Visit to Uganda: September 28-October 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessofEurope

Heir Apparent
City
Wiltshire
Country
United Kingdom
Marry will visit Uganda from 28th September to 4th October. The visit will be part of her rolw as the patron of the Danish Refugee council.

This is great charity work that Mary is doing to represent Denmark. Im sure full details of the visit wil come apparent in the next few days

Will she carry out any other engagements apart from those linked to the Danish Refugee Council

Originally sent to me by Carlota

Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess of Denmark visits Uganda.

Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess of Denmark will visit Uganda from September 28 to October 2 in her capacity as patron for the Danish Refugee Council. Danish Refugee Council works in hot spots of forced migration around the world. The Crown Princess will among other things meet people who have been forced to migrate in Northern Uganda... - Full Article

thanks Dazzling for the link. I can't wait to hear more about this visit when she gets there.

It will certainly be interesting to see her in such a third world country. I'm sure she will represent her country and the DRC beautifully and I can't wait to see what is on her agenda. However, I do hope she will leave her "Prada Parade" at home and dress casually. She could take a cue from the Princess Royal who seems to be great on these types of trips.

I am sure CP Mary will dress accordingly and appropriately as she always does. Is this really an issue? She will be representing her country and a wonderful organization. The fact she is going to this country scores top marks in my book. It should be a very interesting and worthwhile visit.

All discussion regarding the fashion and clothing choices of CP Mary should be directed to the appropriate thread in the Royal House of Fashion forum. That thread can be found here for day wear, and here for evening wear.

She's great with those 2 children!!!!

Hope this trip will have a large media covering!!!

There are so many beautiful pics with those children! they're so cute!!

Her dress is totally appropriated for this visit! look at the other women in the room! they're well dressed as well!!

I guess it's a wonderful trip to her!

Right, I've said it once, and I really hate to repeat myself, but this thread is not for the discussion of fashion. Those of you that are intent on it should take that discussion to the appropriate thread.

You will notice that all of the posts regarding fashion have been moved.

Any further references to fashion will be immediately deleted without warning. Furthermore, those of you that do take the discussion to the Royal House of Fashion threads would be well warned not to turn the discussion into a cat fight.

Last edited:
Princess Mary really impressed me with this trip (I think for the first time ever..). Raising awareness for the problems in the third world is very important. What we do in the wealthier regions of the world impacts the poorer regions which effects at the end us again - a vicious circle I would say...
Hopefully, she is not only there for some nice photo opportunies or catwalking. Ideas, suggestions and money are more needed. And hopefully she will draw the media attention to the work of the Refugee Council and less to herself, because the work of such organisations is very important. But all in all think it was a very good idea for her to be there. Please, does anyone has information on her agenda in Uganda? Thanks.

Thanks for all the pics posted above. It was great to see Mary on the floor with the children!

Last edited by a moderator:
These photos are wonderful. Mary looks so warm and compassionate with these children. I think it is admirable that she has taken this trip.

Here is some quotations from the article I find very funny:

"THE heir to the Danish throne, Princess Mary Elizabeth Donaldson.....":whistling:

“The Crown Princess of Denmark, Mary Elizabeth Donaldson.....":whistling:

and the next is simply hilarious:

"Princess Donaldson, the Countess of Monpezat.........":lol::lol::lol:

Yes I noticed that too! :ROFLMAO:

Could someone translate what Princess Mary says in the video please???

Is this her first trip to Africa or is she been there earlier too? Right now I just can't remember it.

Is this her first trip to Africa or is she been there earlier too? Right now I just can't remember it.

If im not mistaken, she visited Africa with Frederik short after they got married. Maybe someone could correct me.

I wonder why Frederick did not accompaing her! I know it is her Patronage but although I think he could get included in some of Mary's Agenda more often, because it seams that is Mary doing all the hard work and Frederick only goes to opening events and some "small" oficial trips.

That's a bit unfair to say that Frederik is doing just that. He recently went to Mongolia by himself, he has also done other 'bigger' projects in the past without Mary. In Mary's case this is in some ways her first 'big' project outside of Denmark - so let's us see how she does without her husband.

I believe this is her first official trip to Africa. But it has been speculated that she and Prince Frederik went to Tanzania for their honeymoon.

Crown Princess Mary visited Tuesday (Spet 30, 2008) Lama refugee camp, home to Sudanese refugees near Moyo in northern Uganda. Here goes with the crown prince essen Esther daughter. Crown Essen is traveling in Uganda for the Danish Refugee Council in his capacity as patron (polfoto)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5
Pic 6 -- Pic 7 -- Pic 8 -- Pic 9

Crown Princess Mary visited Tuesday (Spet 30, 2008) Lama refugee camp, home to Sudanese refugees near Moyo in northern Uganda. Here goes with the crown prince essen Esther daughter. Crown Essen is traveling in Uganda for the Danish Refugee Council in his capacity as patron (polfoto)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5
Pic 6 -- Pic 7 -- Pic 8 -- Pic 9

She looked lovely together with the children and the people :wub: ! She worked hard but she enjoyed it!

Do you know if this is just a oficial visit or she intend to do something in the future about this refugees? Does she or the Patronage she supports have some kind of plan to help and make something for these people? Has she said something about these plans?

Great pics! it's good to see that!!

Do you know if this is just a oficial visit or she intend to do something in the future about this refugees? Does she or the Patronage she supports have some kind of plan to help and make something for these people? Has she said something about these plans?

She is on an official visit for her patronage the Danish Refugee Council. The refugee council not only helps refugees in Denmark, but works to prevent people from becoming refugees as well. The patronage does a great deal of work in Uganda. This is why she is there. They already are doing many things to help these people.

I've noticed that Caroline Heering has accompanied Mary to her recent functions. I thought she had given up her role as LIW and Tanja was her new LIW. Am I confused???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom