Crown Princess Mary's Visit to Uganda: September 28-October 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What beautiful pictures. CP Mary is so kind, caring, and loving! How long is this trip supposed to last?

I've noticed that Caroline Heering has accompanied Mary to her recent functions. I thought she had given up her role as LIW and Tanja was her new LIW. Am I confused???

i believe in official visits or the most important events, it's caroline who attends. although i have the impression i saw pictures of tanya in bulgaria?

I think Tania has a lot to learn, she is still very young in this job and Caroline has mucht more experience so I think Mary prefers to take Craoline along in this long distance trips because of her experience. And yes Tania was in Bulgaria.

Is Crown Princess Mary crying in the 1st pic posted by dazzling?

October 1, 2008 - Crown Princess Mary visited Wednesday Ongako IDP camp (IDP stands for Internally Displaced People), a refugee camp for internally displaced people, where she notably spoke with some of the children outside a school. The camp lies near Gulu in northern Uganda, and the crown prince said, among other things essen with the children to return to the area they came from (pictures via polfoto)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4

thanks to everyone for all the links. am i the only one struck by the sad fact that the magazines jump on the bandwagon to print untruths and rumor but when princess mary is out doing good works, not a word!
the camera catches a sadness in her eyes in some shots, i'm sure this is emotional for her and caroline. the children with their bright smiles and nice outfits are beautiful to see, then you remember their uncertain and perilous future and it makes you stop and think and be thankful.

There is no way you can visit these African states and see the plight of these children and be dry-eyed. Speaking from experience.

Stellad

Yes I think she is crying and even more if you are a mother seen these children it must be really hard, I also speak for myself because I know....! But I think that we are seeing here some picture of very poor children yes, but it seams that they are having some support behind them to help them living, if she saw some other children in Niger for example, it is really really worse and there she won't have time to cry just to act...

I don't think that we should be comparing the plight of refugees. I think that it is a truly terrible situation no matter where you are, and I don't think that they would consider their suffering any less than some of the other refugees around the worls. Granted that the situations are diverse and varying, but I think the refugee in question is happy to have a roof over their head, and enough to eat, and that is rare in refugee situations. I don't think any one of them would wish that particular position on any other human being.

I have been in Uganda for four weeks in April and May 2008. I also was in Gulu and Kampala and worked for three weeks in IDP (Refugee) Camps. I'm quite sure Mary listened to stories, so cruel, so strange, so sad, she never heart before. I would not be surprised about her crying. One can only cry about that. But I hope for her that her Uganda trip will be as impressive as mine. The country is beautiful, so green with a very fertile soil. Unfortunately, a lot of people benefit from this poor country and are not really interested in the real well-being of Uganda.

To me it is not ridiculous that Ugandan people call her Princess Donaldson or similarly. Ugandan people have a completely different concepts for names. The country is so different, absolutely not comparable with Europe. Ugandans are extremely polite and nice to white people (of course not only to white people, but as a white person you are really eye-catching), they are really kind. Not only to a crown princess. I am quite sure that the most people Mary met do not know anything about crownprincesses. So what, it is not important if you struggle to survive.

For Mary I hope, she'll never forget how the people are suffering and that we are, as inhabitants of the rich countries, are involved. We have to invest in Uganda, we have to count on the people there!

Has anybody noticed that Mary is not wearing her engagement ring? Perhaps she knows that the value of the ring could save the life of thousand of Ugandan people.
When I came back in May, I told my financé that our wedding bands would not be cheap ;-) as fair traded gold is not easy to find.

Great pictures, thank you for posting them!

I am touched by her interest in the children of Uganda. Coming from a palace and very cushioned life, she has made an effort to embark on a dangerous trip to see the plight of these beautiful children. Just like Princess Caroline did last year, Mary has seen with her own eyes how they live and try to survive daily. I hope this sends a message to others who are in priviledged positions to help the underpriviledged. Princess Mary has earned my respect and admiration for this cause. I hope she can make a difference.

So touched when she wiped away her tear on her cheek. God Bless her for going. Maybe it will open some eyes to how much help they need.

Is today really the last day of her visit? The article says it is, but the thread title says til the 4th. Its the 2nd here now...

and I am sure she value the luck of her kids , the way that they will grow up, when you see so much sadness around you, like in this visit, she probably feels very fortunate .
it is so sad to see this photos, make you cry!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that one cannot help look at this country and the pain and absolute horror that some of these people, children included, have suffered and not feel very very fortunate for your children and your way of life. But there is also alot of hope for these people and what charity is doing for them and that is the positive side of this trip. I think Mary looks very vulnerable here and we know that she ' feels ' it. How could she not??? It is a wonderfully admirable thing to show yourself in this situation.

Is today really the last day of her visit? The article says it is, but the thread title says til the 4th. Its the 2nd here now...

The visit finishes on the 4th of October. The article got it wrong....again (like many Australian media outlets ;))

It's good to see Princess Mary in a visit that's not entirely glamorous. The photos show her trodding on muddy ground, sitting in mud huts. It's a visit that does her well as the patron of the Danish Refugee Council. Seeing the situation first hand is different from just hearing about it from her advisers.

I guess she has cried so much since she arrived in Uganda!! Those children and grown ups seem to be very nice and touched by the crown princess and so is she!!!

She 'll have a lot to talk about when she come back to Denmark to Christian, Isabella and Frederik!!!

The visit finishes on the 4th of October. The article got it wrong....again (like many Australian media outlets ;))

Thanks for the confirmation JessRulz :flowers:

I really hope that this visit will lead to some trully help to these children and people. It is a quite extraordinary visit for Mary lets hope that she can take some positive profits from this to help these people.

I´m reading all the Theard, as I´m been off-line some tieme. Mary looks quite compromising during all the visit, and she seems very emotion at some photos.

I hope that her visit can host some help to this people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom