The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
I would also like to know if the RF donates money for charity?
How is whether the RF personally donates money relevant???

Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
I would also like to know if the RF donates money for charity? I am sure, as a real insider, you know everything about it UserDane?
Just call me Daisy dearie ....

Old 10-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwaxia View Post
Diana was both aristocratic, and royal! Diana set a precedent for the commoners that have married into royal houses, it's vouge to be making an energetic effort to mimic her, but, of course, minus the following or the clout to do so.
IMO Diana, although a born aristocrat, failed as a royal and set a precedent how not to do it. I don't think any of the current princesses makes an effort to mimic her (I actually don't think they even think of her). Royal patronage and charity did neither start nor end with Diana. But as I said I am not interested in her and certainly don't want to start a discussion with a "Diana fan".
This is a thread about Mary's visit to Uganda as patron of the Danish Refugee Council.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
IMO Diana, although a born aristocrat, failed as a royal and set a precedent how not to do it. I don't think any of the current princesses makes an effort to mimic her (I actually don't think they even think of her). Royal patronage and charity did neither start nor end with Diana. But as I said I am not interested in her and certainly don't want to start a discussion with a "Diana fan".
This is a thread about Mary's visit to Uganda as patron of the Danish Refugee Council.

Right, ricarda, this thread is about CP Mary in Uganda, and that is precisely why I made my comments. Your perspicacity regarding what other royals think is truly amazing! Diana's avant-garde approach to aids sufferers, and land mines has just manifested itself like a double whammy, let's hope it has the desired effect!

FYI, I am not a ''Diana fan'', your foregone conclusion, an inaccurate one I might add!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Just call me Daisy dearie ....
Alright. Then I'll Mary of Tazzie..
Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
FYI, I am not a ''Diana fan'', your foregone conclusion, an inaccurate one I might add!
So sorry.
It's a pity though. If Diana wasn't even able to make you a fan of hers then I strongly doubt her "following" or "clout".

Btw, your perspicacity regarding the avantgardeness of Diana's approach and the manifestation "like a double whammy" is truly amazing as well!
I guess we are all expressing our personal opinions.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay the Diana Mary discussion has been beaten to death now.

Can we please move on?

Thank you.

GT
Danish Mod
Old 11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, thanks for all that so the source is the same, - the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which maybe caused the confusion!.....anyway we'll just have to wait until the middle of October it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I will be on a look out - and post a link when the christmas calendar is available
The christmas calendar is available now. It can be seen on this link - and bought as well.

Børnenes U-landskalender 2008 :: DR Netbutik

The surplus of the sales are used for sports activities for children in Karamoja in north-eastern Uganda. The homepage for the calender is here: http://www.u-landskalender.dk/2008/