The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

First pictures of Mary and Frederik's dinner tonight for actors related to sustainable fashion during the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 in Frederik VIII's Palace.

Me think Mary looks fab, Frederik nice as well. Delicious couple

Mary is wearing a sustainable dress from Danish David Andersen.
Among the guests was our Economy and Interior Minister Margrethe Vestager.

Here are an article:
Kronprinsesse Mary holdt modemiddag på Amalienborg | Billed Bladet

Old 04-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

Fred needs a new suit - that one doesn't fit.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
About Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014:
CopenhagenFashionSummit

AFAIK, this event has nothing to do with Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (CIFF).
Well that's what I thought, too (=it has nothing to do with it). Thanks for the reply! :)

Fred's brown tie; why brown to go with the suit? Mary's dress is blah and nothing to write home about. The lady on the right is wearing an absolutely beautiful, elegant and classy lace dress.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I agree
Both look very nice. Hopefully we will get more pictures

More pictures
Billeder: Minister og kronprinspar værter for modemiddag - sn.dk - sn.dk - Sjælland
Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Courtier

white suits mary well with her dark hair and brown eyes, but yes we have seen better dresses on her..
mary herself looks fantastic and would love to have a closer look at her big earrings.. minister vestagers dress looks for me very transparent .. oops ..

will be a very busy day for mary tommorow
Old 04-24-2014, 03:13 AM
Royal Highness

It will certainly be a busy day for Mary today. She will start with the event in Copenhagen 10:00am. And then she will have the event in Aalborg (the opposite end of our country) at. 13:30pm, and then she will end the day with another event in Copenhagen (again in opposite end of the country) at. 17:00pm.

How can she reach that? Must be questions maybe primarily for the Danish members?

Here are a video from yesterday's dinner:

Galleri from kongehuset.dk

Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 - Kongehuset

Busy day for Mary.

She started opening the Copenhagen Fashion Summit in the Opera, Copenhagen.
Mary held the opening speech and over 1100 people related to sustainable design were present. Mary is wearing a sustainable dress from Danish Charlotte Eskildsen.

Kronprinsesse Mary åbnede mode-topmøde | Billed Bladet
Old 04-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

2:39 minutes long clip from North Jutland's news broadcast. Captain Mary tries to manage a boat safely into port. It goes well... at least most of the time.

tv2nord.dk
Old 04-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

The purpose of this summit is sustainable fashion.

It is hardly a secret that textile workers in the countries that produce a lot, if not most, of the clothes we wear are treated more like slaves than employees.
It is unfortunately very common that workers die, from exgaustion, as a result from exposure to chemicals, lung deseases as a result of poor ventilation and not least fire, which is a major hazard in crowded textile factories which are often locked to prevent workers from sneaking away from their place at the machines.
Those who are injured, sick or the relatives after fatal accidents, are lucky if they get any reimbursement at all.
The average wage for a textile worker in Bangladesh, working 56 hours a week is about 20 US cents an hour! - Even in a very poor country, that's a meager salary.

And if that isn't enough, the textile industy is very polluting - and don't care about it...

The mainly western textile retail companies, have only halfheartedly attempted do impose ethical guidelins for their producers and subcontractors, and they have more or less enthusiatically created funds to pay invalided workes, when, when a plant burns down or simply collapse. - But that's more talk than action and many excuses...
So this summit will hopefully increase the awareness about the textile industry, especially among the consumers, that's you and me, and in that way put pressure on the fashion houses. Also, because sustainabillity and ethics is good for business and good pr, it is hoped that this conference will start some initiatives among the retailers and fashion houses. (More or less voluntarily).
I learned today that my favorite store, when it comes to clothes, and where I have bought most of my better clothes all my adult life, is among those who get's their clothes made at plants in Bangladesh where conditions are to put it mildly, less than humane! That has got a lot of coverage here in DK recently. - So in a way it's also up to me to do just a little bit to change that.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:

It will certainly be a busy day for Mary today. She will start with the event in Copenhagen 10:00am. And then she will have the event in Aalborg (the opposite end of our country) at. 13:30pm, and then she will end the day with another event in Copenhagen (again in opposite end of the country) at. 17:00pm.

How can she reach that? Must be questions maybe primarily for the Danish members?

Wow! You are correct!! How did Crown Princess Mary travel to 3 events across the country in a day. Did she travel by local commercial airline, helicopter or private jet?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Wow! You are correct!! How did Crown Princess Mary travel to 3 events across the country in a day. Did she travel by local commercial airline, helicopter or private jet?
She couldn't have reach it with a commercial airplane (as they usual travels with), not when there was less than 2 hours between the events. My best guess is she has flown by helicopter - the same one as the Margrethe also uses. I can't see how she otherwise could have reached all three events.

But perhaps Muhler know more about it
Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She couldn't have reach it with a commercial airplane (as they usual travels with), not when there was less than 2 hours between the events. My best guess is she has flown by helicopter - the same one as the Margrethe also uses. I can't see how she otherwise could have reached all three events.

But perhaps Muhler know more about it
Quote:

You are right a commercial flight is out of the question. The schedule is too tight for commercial flights. When you factor in delays and traffic.
It is possible, but only if everything works absolutely smoothly.

A much more plausibe option is that Mary hitched a ride on a helipcopter to Air Station Aalborg, where the Army Special Forces have their base. Helicopters fly in and out of there all the time, so nothing new there.
My guess is that she this time hitched a ride on one of the faster Fennecs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_Fennec
They will have room for Mary, a LiW and two PET officers (or an adjutant) and are small enough to easily land at Kastellet a kilometer or so from Amalienborg.
Then she would have had to time to get a quick bite, refreshen herself and a change of clothes before she was on again.
But still a very busy day.

ADDED: I noticed Mary was again accompanied by an adjutant. He would be the one who would arrange for a helicopter to be on standby.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another gallery of the latest events:

** pp: Princesse Mary : Démonstration glamour au Sommet de la mode durable **
Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2014.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As you remember Mary visited a home, called Home, for youths who have been placed away from their families and as such they have had their share of issues in their lives.
The residents of the home
Josephine aged 18,
Camilla 16,
Merle 14,
Charlotte 18,
Karina 18,
Patrick 15,
Sabine 19,
had wished for a visit by Mary and that wish was fulfilled.

And now there is Mary's car: "Oh my God (said in English)" - "How wild is that" - "I get tears in my eyes".
After recieving Mary they all went around to the garden belonging to the home and here they sat and listened to three speeches. By Jorun Magnussen (Who seems very much to be the mother of both former and present residents of the home), chairman of the board, Gitte Mai Mostel, who herself is a former resident and finally by one of the residents, Karina.

Gitte Mostel told her story and that led Mary to tear up. Gitte Mostel moved in at Home when she was thirteen and she told of one particular episode that changed her: "Jorun came just when we were leaving and in her hand she held an Easter egg. Don't let it be for me, I prayed inside.
And then she looks at me and reach out her hand to me and says: "It's for you, it's Easter you know". That Easter egg became a part of my destiny. I remember how I cried. I was after all just a little girl with a way too hard a shell. I was overjoyed for that Easter egg and I still remember it.
I know now that my mother did what she could and no one can aske for more. She is no more but she will forever live on in my memory for good or bad. It was a great loss to lose her, now that we just had gotten to know each other.
I'm not just proud today, I'm proud everyday I step inside Home".

On these stories I guess it felt obvious to hug every one of the residents as Mary did when she left.

Afterwards Camilla and Merle told about the visit.
Camilla: "It was utterly fantastic. It really meant a lot to me".
Merle: "We had looked forward and prepared for this for a very long time. So when we stood lined up waiting and the cars came, I thought: It's now...Now, I'm really going to meet her and then the tears just poured out of me".
Old 05-28-2014, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

May 27, 2014 - Danish Crown Princess Mary has been patron of Children, Youth and sorrow and is here welcomed by Kristine Black and Adel Storgaard both have used Children, Young People & Grief and today even volunteer for Children, Young People & Grief.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

ANP
Old 05-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Dazzling,

Here are more pictures

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...81694644_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...88286335_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...82390458_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...30480669_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...66742973_n.jpg

I don't think we should expect many more pictures from this event since it was "only" a orientation visit and the press wasn't allowed inside.

Kronprinsesse Mary mødte unge med sorg | Billed Bladet

Article from BB telling that the visit lasted for several hours (not normal for our royals visit) and Mary met volunteers and join a therapy group for young people with complicated grief. Mary explained to the press that it was a intense experience.

The young people put subsequently an enthusiastic message on their Facebook page:

We had an absolutely fantastic day with our patron HRH the Crown Princess yesterday. The Crown Princess met some of our volunteers and participated in a therapy group for young people with complicated grief issues. It was a great experience for everyone. We look forward to future cooperation!

As you may know Mary herself lost her mother as 25-year-old and has previously stated: - "It was as if the world continued, and I stood still."
Old 05-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

What an important organization.
Losing a parent at a young age is devastating in my experience.

picture with the organization staff
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...45438332_n.jpg

another picture
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BopsRuWCUAA2P74.jpg:large
Old 05-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Courtier

photo from twitter :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BopsRuWCUAA2P74.jpg:large
Old 10-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

As you know Mary has been very busy lately and as such she is very well featured in this weeks edition of BB.
So instead of writing a number of summaries about things you already know, I've instead decided to boil it down to various trivia from the articles.

Mary is patron for both Child Aid Day and Danish Golf Association and in this capacity she visited Asserbro golf club's junior chapter. The children from the club had for the second year in a row been those who have sold most lottery tickets nationwide in support of Child Aid Day and as a reward they got a visit by Mary.
Mary was teamed up with Sebastian, who is the leading junior player in the club. - I know from another article that Sebastion was pretty confident he would win. Buuut, Mary is actually a keen golfer and she plays regularly in golf clubs all over the country.
Anyway, Mary and Sebastion played a good natured game of golf, with a little goofing and banter and the game ended in a draw. - Which suggests that Mary could have thrashed and buried Sebastian had she wanted to.
After the match pancakes and applejuice was served.

Mary also attended the 25th anniversary for Registered Partnership at Copenhagen Townhall. Among those present were the American ambassador, Rufus Glifford (*) and his partner, Stephen, whom Mary had a good chat with. The ambassador and his partner are to be married next year. (Don't know where. I'm not up to date with American legislation).

(*) One of the best American ambassadors we've had here in DK for many years was actually the last ambassador under the Bush administration. Can't remember his name off hand, but in contrast to most ambassadors, he went outside Copenhagen and actually travelled the country, met and talked with ordinary Danes, (often being invited inside for coffee), saw the country and attended events everywhere. As such he got a very indepth knowledge of Denmark. In return he was actually known to the general public and what he said and did was reported also in local medias.
Alas, Rufus Glifford, does not belong in that category. In the sense that he rarely leave Copenhagen because as all city-slickers know: outside the cities there are trees and uhmm... cows...and not much else.

Tags
advisory and research center children, assitej, australia, crown princess mary, fellowship, international assitej, lokk, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages, prince christian, princess mary patron, school for 200 years, young people & grief