The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #4, 2013.
De har et særligt forhold - They have a special relationship.
Written by Marianne Singer. (...)
you met the challenge well with the most difficult word in your list: 'schizophrenia' is the name of the disease and a 'schizophrenic' is someone who suffers from this terrible condition. 'Disease' and 'diabetes' are two words that no one likes so don't worry about them. Thank you as always for the translation

Old 05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark View Post
thank you,
i truly enjoyed listening to marys speech. she is a good and spontaneous speaker :-) what is it mary and the rest laughs at in the end of marys speech? :-)
Yes, Mary asks the light in the torch to turn on and in the same second.. it turns on. . You know, our Crown Princess is clever and can many things and to conjure is one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
more and bigger pictures Mary a une conference
Thanks for the pictures fairytale Lucky Mary. It looks like she was spared from the heavy rain.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Oh, probably that the torch actually did light up as on cue. :wizzard:.
oh of course :-) thank you!!

i'm in love with marys laugh at 8:27 in the video, it sound so cute and funny :-)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

BB has a long interview with Mary this week, where she is talking about her work for Women Deliver.
Most of it is already known from interviews but there are a couple of questions of interest.

Jeg bruger mit hjerte - I use my heart/I follow my heart.
Interviewer: Ulrik Ulriksen.
Billed Bladet #27, 2013. (Yes, I always write the magazine and issue, to make it easier for me to go back in my archive and find it and naturally also as a curtesy to the magazine. - In case you were wondering).

Q: Where does you commitment for the cause originally stem from?
M: "My commitment stems from a meeting with a female obstrititian, gynocolgist, from Chad in Africa. That experience has stuck with me and I've been thinking about it ever since.
The female doctor said to me that when a woman in Chad is getting pregnant, she has one foot in the grave. Ever since I've been thinking: - How come that a woman today has to risk her life by giving life. We do know what it takes for the woman to survive. It's relatively simple and uncomplicated solutions which can be very efficient. But there has to be a will from top to bottom and the other way around for it to fall into place".

Q: You have broken through with great effect already on your first big Women First conference. How are you about obviously being one of the big profiles among the many fantastic strong and wellknown women?
M: "That's difficult answer. It's my firt time at such a highly profiled conference and it's the first time I've been with so many strong women who for so long time have worked on putting focus on women's rights.
I'm very glad to have had this opportunity to use my voice in this way. I think I can contribute with another angle because I see the whole thing with new eyes. I see after all the problems with my eyes and my background and use the knowledge I have and from that I may come up with new ideas. Or at least I feel I can contribute with something.
But I was very nervous before the conference and before I had to go on stage in the final panel-discussion with so great accomplished women as New Zealands former prime minister Hele Clark, Finlands ex-president Tarja Halonen and the African Theo Sowa.
The profile I have now is something I've been building on since I heard the words which the female doctor said to me in Chad years back. It's something I've been working on for seven years now or something like that. It's been a slow process, but I'm pleased with where I am now and with what I can deliver at various levels".

- An interesting insight into the background, eh?
And in translating what Mary said I noticed that she used a number of phrases, that are common in English, but which she has clearly translated to Danish. Which actually made it easier to translate what she said into English. - Confused?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Healthcare DENMARK

Source: kongehuset.dk

Quote:
HRH CROWN PRINCESS PATRON OF HEALTHCARE DENMARK

Crown Princess occur as patron of Healthcare DENMARK, there is an international showcase for the Danish healthcare sector and Danish healthcare companies.

With Healthcare IRELAND want to create a coherent narrative of Denmark as one of the world's leading health of nations. The goal is that foreign health stakeholders will visit Denmark and engage in dialogue with the Danish players.

"In the Danish health care is patient-centered., We're such skilled to involve users in the design of new health solutions. Also focus on improving efficiency and quality. I am convinced that Denmark's expertise and innovative health solutions can help to contribute positively to global health, "said the Crown Princess.

Former EU Commissioner and Minister Mariann Fishcer Boel is Chairman of Healthcare DENMARK.

Published 11 September 2013
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks dazzling

But Mary will become patron of Healthcare DENMARK, not Healthcare IRELAND. I guess the translation has gone wrong.

By the way, Mary's first task with Healthcare Denmark will be on 30th September in Odense
Kronprinsessen åbner konference i Odense - fyens.dk - Indland/Fyn
Old 09-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Thanks dazzling

But Mary will become patron of Healthcare DENMARK, not Healthcare IRELAND. I guess the translation has gone wrong.

By the way, Mary's first task with Healthcare Denmark will be on 30th September in Odense
Kronprinsessen åbner konference i Odense - fyens.dk - Indland/Fyn
Yes the translation got it wrong, I wish they were more accurate. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Yes the translation got it wrong, I wish they were more accurate. Thanks for pointing it out.
No problems

I recognize the problems with the translation very well myself, just the other way around
Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

BB informs us that Mary now has 30 protections: Kronprinsesse Mary har nu 30 protektioner - Billed Bladet

Healtcare Denmark.

And translated to normal English the aim is to promote Danish medical companies, manufactures and developers of appliancies in the health sector and healthcare solutions.

We are talking very, very serious export money!
It is an area where DK already has a very strong position, and in some cases a dominant position in a sector that is expanding.

It is also another example where the DRF are used almost aggressively as a tool to promote Danish commerce. There are critics who love to point out that royals are merely ribbon-cutters. Forget it, this is an example where they are used actively to help create jobs and orders.

Mary will of course not be used as an advertising banner.
It's more a question of Mary being used to put focus on healthcare projects in especially the developing world and at exhibitions.
To be cynical, the developing countries is one big vast, ever growing market for the medical industry and if you can establish a foothold for your medication and healthcare systems in a given country through aide, then you quietly have a market for future export. - It isn't just about saving the world, you know.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll place this here because it involves a minister with whom Mary has worked closely in connection with her travels abroad.

The Minister for Developement Christian Friis Bach has resigned.

The reason seems a bit odd and somewhat complicated, but very briefly:

The most unpardonable sin a minister can commit in DK, perhaps apart from committig murder, is to withhold, misinform or mislead the Parliament - whether that is intentionally or unknowingly. That has cost the career of a number of influential politicians over the years.
In this case it involves an international organisation called GGGI (you can read much about it on the Net), which DK supported with considerable amounts from the Ministry of Developement.
Now, the most important people within that organisation, including board members, had a - shall we say - very liberal interpretation indeed regarding the means that was put at their disposal. I.e. taxpayer money.
After a considerable row within GGGI, the former Danish PM Lars Løkke was put in charge of the organisation to clean up and steer it back on course. He has as chairman for GGGI faced a lot of heat here in DK because it has emerged that he travelled in a very extravagant manner - for taxpayer money - which were to go to developement. He defended himself with the fact that he doesn't any more (after it was revealed...) and that the board approved of the very expensive way he travelled as chairman. That is of course a valid defence, legally. Morally, well... less so perhaps.

Because DK is a major contributor to GGGI, the Minister for Developement has a seat in the board. In this case Christian Friis Bach, and he has stated to the Parliament that the board had not approved of the expensive way Lars Løkke travelled. Which has only added the political and public pressure on him.

An investigation within the Ministry for Developement has revealed that the Minister was informed and had approved of the way Lars Løkke travelled. - On page 659 or so, in a subsection, in the documents to a board meeting within GGGI.
Basically the civil servants within the Ministry for Developement have been sleeping and even worse, not informed their Minister correctly. But the Minister is responsible, so Christian Friis Bach has chosen to resign on the spot - surprising everybody.
A more in depth investigation within the ministry will follow and it's pretty safe to say that heads will roll among the civil servants.

It may seem odd to you, and actually it seems a bit odd to me as well, that Christian Friis Bach chose to resign on a matter that apparantly wasn't his fault. Well, to me this smells of a tactical resignation.
By resigning now, before he is getting any heat, he comes out with his honor more or less intact and with his integrity more or less undamaged. Which means that he can without problems return as minister later on. Perhaps after the next election, should the government win.

Mary will now have to work with a new Minister for Developement, Rasmus Helveg. He will be approved by QMII today, - actually as this is written.
And in a little while Christian Friis Bach will meet QMII, who will thank him for his service as he is not resigning in disgrace.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
... It may seem odd to you, and actually it seems a bit odd to me as well, that Christian Friis Bach chose to resign on a matter that apparantly wasn't his fault. Well, to me this smells of a tactical resignation.
By resigning now, before he is getting any heat, he comes out with his honor more or less intact and with his integrity more or less undamaged. Which means that he can without problems return as minister later on. Perhaps after the next election, should the government win.
I agree. I think it is sad to see him go because he was one of the most competent ministers in this government, but I think it was a very smart move of him as well. And I'm quite certain that this isn't the last we have seen of CFB (could easily imagine him getting a key role in a new S-R-SF government - perhaps even as a foreign minister). It must be quite sad for Mary as well, it seems like she and CFB were a great team.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

It was certainly remarkable that TV2 news stated that "it was almost impossible to find someone (within political circles) who had something bad to say about Christian Friss Bach".

But to add to the misery, and perhaps also why his decision was easier to make, his wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer in January: Christian Friis Bach: Konen ramt af kræft | Billed Bladet
She seems to have pulled through and is now in the recovery phase.

It's actually the first time I hear about it, but then there is a tradition in the Danish press to respect politicians personal lives - unless in collides with their politics.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

HRH CROWN PRINCESS PATRON OF CHILDREN, YOUTH & GRIEF
Click here for more information
Old 12-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds like a very nice organization and one that Im sure is close to Mary
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

CP Mary has become new patron of Children, Youth & Grief:

"We are deeply thankful and proud that Crown Princess Mary has said yes to become patron of Children, Youth & Grief. We are very pleased that the Crown Princess, who herself lost her mother in a young age shows Children, Youth & Grief her support and recognition. With the Crown Princess we get a professional and beloved partner who can help to create awareness on an important, but nevertheless very taboo area."

Mary says about losing her mother in a young age: "It was like the world continued, and I stood still."

Børn, Unge & Sorg: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen bliver protektor for Børn, Unge & Sorg

Kronprinsessen er ny protektor for Børn, Unge & Sorg - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk
Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Royal Highness

An addition to the calendar:

I can see Frederik now has been added to tonight's event and will accompany his wife to the dinner.

Tonight, Mary will as patron host a dinner for actors related to sustainable fashion during the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 in Frederik VIII's Palace. The Crown Prince will participate.

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er vært ved en middag i forbindelse med Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 kl. 19.00 - Kongehuset
Old 04-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Courtier

^^ and it looks like we will get photos from the dinner :)
Old 04-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Nobility

I'm all in favour of anything "sustainable", and I'm looking forward to finding out what "sustainable fashion" means.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I'm all in favour of anything "sustainable", and I'm looking forward to finding out what "sustainable fashion" means.
About Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014:
CopenhagenFashionSummit

AFAIK, this event has nothing to do with Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (CIFF).
Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
An addition to the calendar:

I can see Frederik now has been added to tonight's event and will accompany his wife to the dinner.

Tonight, Mary will as patron host a dinner for actors related to sustainable fashion during the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 in Frederik VIII's Palace. The Crown Prince will participate.

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er vært ved en middag i forbindelse med Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 kl. 19.00 - Kongehuset
Yes I saw that he was added a couple of days ago. Nice
I think Frederik has worked in the area of sustainability.

pictures
Frederik and Mary receiving guests.
About 50 guests were invited.

Frederik looking handsome as usual
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=Esb3SqCx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=nrO034Nn

Tags
advisory and research center children, assitej, australia, crown princess mary, fellowship, international assitej, lokk, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages, prince christian, princess mary patron, school for 200 years, young people & grief