The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

A follow up on Mary's involvement with soldiers suffering from PTSD.

Today a large number of soldiers and veterans suffering from PTSD were awarded the medal for those wounded and killed in action. - For the first time.

According to the military it is estimated that between 2.500 and 3.000 soldiers and veterans suffer from severe psycological issues.

The number of veterans differ according to how you count them. Since 1948 there have been more than 100.000 individual deployments abroad. Since some must have died and other have been deployed more than once, it's reasonable to estimate that there are around 75.000 veterans in DK. - Of those at least 2.500-3.000 suffer from PTSD.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Maternity Worldwide has launched the campaign "Save the life of a mother on Mother's Day" in Copenhagen today, May 2nd.

Christian Stadil, the gentleman Mary is pictured with, has made a special design for the iPhone4, the profits will support pregnant
women and young mothers with their babys in Ethiopia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** bt.dk gallery **

Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Royal Highness

She Looks Beautiful , The Outfit Looks Old Fashion & Boring Kind Of Not One Of The Best Princess Mary Outfits , Thank you iceflower for posting More Pics .
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

another picture gallery: PPE Agency
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

More pics of yesterday's event can also be found here:

** purepeople: La princesse Mary dévouée à la cause des mamans avec son iPhone 4S spécial **

** BB: Mary og Christian Stadil mødtes i en god sags tjeneste ** translation **

** kongehuset.dk: Kronprinsessen lancerer som protektor Maternity Worldwides kampagne "Red en mors liv på Mors Dag" **
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

As you may recall, Mary took part in a recent event promoting Maternity Worldwide and in that connection, Christain Stadil, manager of Hummel, have designed a cover for Iphone. The profits from the sale go to Maternity Worlwide.

Christian Stadil is the starved looking man standing next to Mary in this high res pic: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...liv-p-mors.jpg

The article: Sådan redder du liv på Mors Dag - Danmark | www.bt.dk
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of LOKK attended the 25-year anniversary celebration of LOKK, an organization of centers for abused women, in Copenhagen yesterday, October 29, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Majesty

What a great cause to support for Mary. I'm so glad to see that she works with organizations that deal with pretty heavy and not glamorous issues.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary has a new protection. Two in fact:

BT: Mary skal være tvillinge-protektor - Royale | www.bt.dk
And the court informs that Mary will be patron for Danish Twin Registry and Australian Twin Registry.

Here is a nice pic of M&F and their twins: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...g-hospital.jpg

The Danish registy contains date for almost all twins born in DK since 1878 (including my mother, but not my moster, she refused). That amounts to 170.000 people.

The Australian registry started in 1981 and contains info on 66.000 people.

News from the court in English: THE CROWN PRINCESS BECOMES PATRON OF TWIN REGISTRIES - The Danish Monarchy

Mary's first day on the job as Patron will take place on 15th January in Odense, where she will meet 160 pairs of twins from the island of Funen (i.e. where the city of Odense is located).
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

I found this sweet little gif from her visit

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...seeko1_400.gif
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

If I was a little girl and was near Mary, I think I'd do the same. I don't know if my nineteen year old self would get away with it though Jokes aside, it's a really lovely gif. Mary is wonderful with children.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Courtier

I hope we get to see some photos from Marys New Year Charities reception. It should happen soon I am thinking.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I hope we get to see some photos from Marys New Year Charities reception. It should happen soon I am thinking.
If there is one at all, that is I doubt it...
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness

The first pictures of Mary today in Odense

http://images.fyens.dk/25/1843425_685_457_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

http://www.tv2fyn.dk/modules/xphoto/...1632_917_2.jpg
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more and a video

As Patron Mary attended the Danish Twin Registers 60-year anniversary symposium at the University of Southern Denmark, Odense.

** fyens.dk: Mary på SDU: Tvillingemoren og de 300 tvillinger **

** tv2fyn.dk video: Kronprinsessen på Fyn **
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Thans for the clip and video.

When Mary was met by the flowerboys (this somehow sounds wrong... oh, well) she said: "Hi". The boy: "Welcome Your Royal Higness". Mary: "A thousand thanks/thank you very much". Shaking hands Mary asked: "What's your name"? Boy: "My name is Joachim". I can't make out the other boy's name. Mary: "Oh (I see)", and that was the sign to move aside boys.
So no "what a nice dress" this time.

The Australian Twin Register is also represented and it was more or less hinted that the Danish register looked forward to the (close) co-operation and exchange of research.

- Even though the Danish register is much older than the Australian, the genetic diversity is of course much larger, which must of interest to Danish researchers. While the Danish registry is genetically much more homogenous, which may be of interest to Australian researcers.
So Mary coming form Australia and being mothers of twins herself, is of course an excellent way to connect researchers as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you, Muhler

I hear it as the other boy is named Jonas. You can also hear Mary ask the boys something like "hey, how are you?" Maybe a replacement for "what a nice dress"
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

article from Billedbladet Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary nyder at være tvillingemor
Google Translation

and another picture http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, fairy tale

Here's another video from the daily news program called Aftenshowet.

Fast forward to the second white line ...
http://www.dr.dk/DR1/Aftenshowet/Kli...m#/67662/06:34
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Nobility

Photos from the Australian Twin Registery

Mary looks great - such a beautiful smile.

http://www.twins.org.au/about-us/patron/242-gallery

Hope this works it is the first time I have linked.

Tags
advisory and research center children, assitej, australia, crown princess mary, fellowship, international assitej, lokk, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages, prince christian, princess mary patron, school for 200 years, young people & grief