The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Courtier

I liked her outfit. I've been buying a lot of grey myself to wear. It's one of my favorite colors.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Swop the grey blouse for dusty mauve. Both colours compare well against the other, highlighting a subtle blend that in turn, would suit Mary's supple and creamy complexion.

Too much of any one colour has a tendancy to wash you out and given Mary's relatively pale, it overly intensifies what is a gorgeous texture and that can often make the wearer seem overly pallid.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are right, she looks very pallid.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not a huge grey fan but I think it really suits Mary especially in the situation at the golf not an overly hospitable enviroment under these circumstances. I can see what is being said in regard to it's appeal but I think it looks really lovely on her. You know that is what I love about this forum everyone take on the same thing is just done so well.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
You are right, she looks very pallid.
Don't get me wrong, I happen to adore her light colouration..something particularly 'neo-classical' about her milkmaid complexion which I've always found to be quite beautiful

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't like grey, either, but it suits more than well to her. Yes. She has a neoclassical complexion. You've find the word greatly. Princess Mary's face has something very unique in it, that makes her a beauty. Specially her nose and eyes.

Vanesa.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Grey is a sad colour, I really prefer her also in short hair, it looks her more fresh and young, grey with such a long hair makes her look old!! I don't like it!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Aristocracy

I know - this is not the thread about hairstyle or dresses... But everybody is talking about her clothes and her style...

I don't like it, if she wears a pony-tail - it is too "common" and fits her not very well. She looks better with "open hair" and her lovely (light) curls... (like in Gråsten)
Old 09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Commoner

I personally think wearing one colour is quite elegant. The detail on her jacket/cardigan was very nice too. It was a suitable and elegant outfit for a golf tournament. Noticed she wore low-heel black shoes too. Very appropriate.

Taree
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Mothers Help (Mødrehjælpen)

According to TV2 news (TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary afløser Alex i Mødrehjælpen), Mary has taken on a new patronage - for 'Mødrehjælpen' which used to be one of countess Alexandra's patronages but which she gave up when she married Martin Jørgensen.

Mødrehjælpen (Kronprinsesse Mary protektor for Mødrehjælpen - link in Danish) is a private humanitarian organisation which each year helps more than 5,000 single mothers, young pregnant women and vulnerable families with children.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
According to TV2 news (TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary afløser Alex i Mødrehjælpen), Mary has taken on a new patronage - for 'Mødrehjælpen' which used to be one of countess Alexandra's patronages but which she gave up when she married Martin Jørgensen.

Mødrehjælpen (Kronprinsesse Mary protektor for Mødrehjælpen - link in Danish) is a private humanitarian organisation which each year helps more than 5,000 single mothers, young pregnant women and vulnerable families with children.
Yep, Mødrehjælpen is listed on the list of Mary's patronages on their website. You can read more about Mødrehjælpen here

Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

Crownprincess Mary as Patron of Mothers Help (Mødrehjælpen)

Crownprincess Mary took over the patronage of the Mothers Help (Mødrehjælpen) which was a former patronage of Countess Alexandra.

Look here:
Kronprinsesse Mary protektor for Mødrehjælpen

and you can find an article here:
Ekstra Bladet - Mary afløser Alexandra i Mødrehjælpen
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Thanks for the info. Do you know when she took over? Im guessing one of the articles mentioned it but I dont read Danish.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you know when she took over? Im guessing one of the articles mentioned it but I dont read Danish.
According to TV2 news (TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary afløser Alex i Mødrehjælpen), Mary has taken on a new patronage - for 'Mødrehjælpen' which used to be one of countess Alexandra's patronages but which she gave up when she married Martin Jørgensen. (it was in March)
Crownprincess Mary took over the patronage at the beginning of November.

Will there be an event - concerning the patronage - in the next weeks?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of 'BUSTER'

HRH Crown Princess Mary is now the patron of 'BUSTER' - the Copenhagen International Film Festival for Children and Youth.
BUSTER COPENHAGEN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH

This year's film festival will take place between September 19 and 26. In previous years, Countess Alexandra attended the openings of the festival.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:18 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Prince Christian Fellowship

The Prince Christian Fellowship was established in January 2006, to honour the birth of TRH the Crown Prince and Princess' first child, HRH Prince Christian, by the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. The Fellowship allows outstanding doctors and scientists from Denmark to spend one year working/training at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney, Australia.

Prince Christian Fellowship

Crown Princess Mary was scheduled to attend the first awards ceremony of The Fellowship yesterday in Copenhagen
Old 03-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks!!
no Pictures of this event?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Thanks!!
no Pictures of this event?
None so far that I've found Paty. It's a real bummer that Polfoto has closed its doors to all who aren't registered - they always had pictures of the Danish royals quickly
Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
None so far that I've found Paty. It's a real bummer that Polfoto has closed its doors to all who aren't registered - they always had pictures of the Danish royals quickly
I found this photos

The Crown Princess Mary of Denmark attending the "The Prince Christian Fellowship" at the Royal Danish Sciences association.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9...0a78542bb5.png
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4...0a8b30fdm4.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2...0a960b5uf3.jpg

Phtos by Images Sacandinavia
Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

and finally come the pictures. very itresting that the past two events very little press coverage. Thank you paty for digging them out. This is intresting, do we know how many a year go to Australia?
Mary looked nice at the event.

Tags
advisory and research center children, assitej, australia, crown princess mary, fellowship, international assitej, lokk, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages, prince christian, princess mary patron, school for 200 years, young people & grief