The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
You are welcome
Can you watch the program outside of Denmark? If, I have heard that DR has got a new feature so you can put subtitles on. If I remenber correct.
Yes. your second link worked.
It gives subtitles but in Danish.

thanks again.
Interesting that they had the previous and current PM.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:38 AM
Majesty

As patron for Maternity Foundation (the maternity issues merit a thread of its own I think, because this seems to be an area Mary will put a lot of focus on in the future) Mary received a donation from Inner Wheel at her home at Amalienborg. Kronprinsesse Mary inviterede indenfor på Amalienborg | BILLED-BLADET

Old 02-08-2016, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Daily Mail is comparing Mary and Kate again, again...
Oh, there was something about cancer-whateever...
Crown Princess Mary takes style tips from Kate Middleton in a dress similar to her engagement one | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Would be a dream to get those two royal ladies together again.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Majesty

Haven't they got something in common? Work-wise I mean.

But Daily Mail would have a field day! I cannot even imagine the headlines they would come up with.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary is a patron for an international mental health organization which seems to be a focus of Kate.

Most royal ladies you could find patronages in common,there are pretty common themes among them. The BRF though very rarely interacts with other royal houses so I am not holding my breath waiting to see them together again.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mary has become patron of EMS2016

HRH Crown Princess is patron of EMS2016
Official statemnet
Old 02-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Mary has become patron of EMS2016

HRH Crown Princess is patron of EMS2016
Official statemnet

Thanks Dazzling

With becoming patron of EMS2016 Crown Princess Mary wishes to create focus on improving the care for patients in Danish hospitals.

That makes me happy.
As a nurse, I know how much the Danish hospitals need improvement. It is perhaps one of the places where Denmark is lagging most. That is really needed.

Quote:
From the press release:
The Crown Princess has agreed to become patron of the Congress EMS2016, which aims to improve the care for patients in Danish hospitals. The Congress brings together researchers, healthcare professionals and administrative people and will form the basis for the exchange of experiences that could ultimately change working practices in health care.
EMS2016 will be held at the Tivoli Hotel and Congress Center in Copenhagen from 30th May to 1st June 2016, where Crown Princess Mary participant.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Kronprinsesse Mary støtter løbere med sjældne sygdomme | BILLED-BLADET

The organization Rare Disorders invites on the 28th February to a special jogging in Copenhagen and Aarhus.

Crown Princess Mary is the patron of the organization and encourages everyone to give the organizers a helping hand.

- It's good to be something special. But sometimes it offers challenges not to be like everyone else. Thousands of Danes lives with rare diseases that only few others know about. Therefore, it can be hard to find someone you can share challenges and experiences with, says Crown Princess Mary in connection with the two rare joggins in Copenhagen and Aarhus.

- Rare diseases are usually inherited and thus the patients are often children. This gives rise to much uncertainty and worry for the entire family. But just because they are so few the rare families shall not be overlooked. They need attention, expertise and a helping hand. I hope that Rare-run can help to create new relationships across diagnoses and life situations, says the Crown Princess, who unfortunately can't be present at the special run for children and adults in Copenhagen and Aarhus.
Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik will be away on a official trip from the 28th February when the Rare joggings will find place.

ADDED:

You can say it's a shame that the official visit find place at the same time at these joggins. Because otherwise I'm more than convinced we would had seen Mary in jogging clothes having participated in the running races herself - and that would has been a nice and great event
Old 03-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

tomorrow,Mary speaks as patron of the Women Deliver 2016 Conference at KVINFO March 8 celebration.

more about the event
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen taler til kvindernes internationale kampdag 8.marts | Kvinfo.dk

""It is quite natural that it is the Crown Princess, speaking at a March 8 event in Denmark. With her international work both within the United Nations and on his many travels to shelters and refugee camps in North Africa and the Middle East, she makes a concrete and important difference for the world's vulnerable women and girls, "says KVINFO director Nina Groes.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Polyesco

Here is a press release from Kongehuset.sk about tonight's event for Mary:

Markering af kvindernes internationale kampdag | Kongehuset - Forside
Old 03-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary giving her speech
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdC-hBiW4AITzvl.jpg:large

love her smile
https://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram...OTkyMA%3D%3D.2

added:
article and picture from BB
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...rbro#billede-5
Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

"Here tonight, lovely Crown Princess Mary speaks as patron of Women Deliever on the International Women's Day 2016 at VEGA, Copenhagen":

First pictures of Mary on stage

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdDOvd3WAAEDNZ3.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdC-Fa9W8AANL9t.jpg:large

The theme this year is the Women Deliver 2016 Conference which Mary is patron of.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

A lovely picture of beautiful Mary
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=BJQgHUqc

and article about her great speech
Kronprinsesse Mary leverede en stærk tale på KVINFOs 8. marts | Kvinfo.dk

"Tonight we celebrate the results achieved. We should celebrate that women and girls is stronger than ever. And from that standpoint, we can and we must be even more ambitious, "concluded the Crown Princess her speech.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Majesty

Thank you Roskilde & Polyesco

Here is a BB video of mainly Mary giving her speech: VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary høstede flot applaus for sin tale | BILLED-BLADET

I've had the opportunity to read a part of the speech and in that she clearly refers to women's plight in countries she has visited... Phrased diplomatically but the reference is IMO unmistakable.

I also noticed that Mary's accent during this speech was much less pronounced than usual. Presumably because she has rehearsed.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Both her manner of talking and her movements are different from other speeches, yes. I guess she rehearsed this with this kind of event in mind: a gathering of like minded (relatively young) women who want to change something. It also makes me realize all of a sudden that she does attend a lot of more "stiff" conferences and events where this tone would be less apropriate. How conventientional the academic, scientific establishment can be...

On another note: great that she still has this Prada jacket! It's 11 years old but she never looked as good in it as now! (why doesn't that ever happen to me? ) Also, I never realized it was part of a suit. Mary from the start: blue jacket1
Old 03-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

More nice pictures of Mary last night

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1f&oe=57913686
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1e&oe=57517E99
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6d&oe=5755EEC4
https://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram...OTkyMA%3D%3D.2
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdDOvd3WAAEDNZ3.jpg:large

Gallery (HQ pictures) from Kongehuset:
KVINFOs 8. marts fest | Kongehuset - Forside

A clear speech(message) from Mary. I saw some of it in TV2 news last night and read part of the speech in BT today. As Hannelore mentions: You could see on Mary's body language this topic really is high on her commitment list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
Both her manner of talking and her movements are different from other speeches, yes. I guess she rehearsed this with this kind of event in mind: a gathering of like minded (relatively young) women who want to change something. It also makes me realize all of a sudden that she does attend a lot of more "stiff" conferences and events where this tone would be less apropriate. How conventientional the academic, scientific establishment can be...

On another note: great that she still has this Prada jacket! It's 11 years old but she never looked as good in it as now!
Yes, she doesn't throw away her old clothes. She's the Queen of recycling. I actually think both pants and shoes are the same as in year 2005 as well.

Here you can read Mary's (very good, informative and looong) speech at the International Women's Day last night:

Kvindernes Internationale Kampdag | MaryFonden.dk

"Gender equality is not about that men and women should be the same. It's about that gender should not play a role when opportunities arise and decisions are made!"
- Crown Princess Mary
Old 03-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Roskilde.

That's a very good and factual speech. It ought to be translated but I'll have to skip that one.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

The speech is also very long. I hope people can use Google Translate here

Here pictures and a good article from TV2 News:

Mary om kvinders rettigheder: - Der er lang vej endnu - TV 2
Old 03-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The speech is indeed very long but very good and factual

a very small part of it, where she talked of her travels:
"I have traveled in many countries where girls and women are oppressed and their rights are hidden in a drawer. And this is precisely why it is important to travel to those countries.
My attitude is that understanding comes before the change. The dialogue builds bridges and creates visibility. The desire to understand is not the same as acceptance, but it is an ambition to look beyond the differences in order to promote change for the better.
I do me no idea that a visit isolated can change anything. It takes a lot before a population ready for new social norms, but I hope it leaves a glimpse of a different perspective or inspiration - just a little.
And I am sure that we have to try, because of nothing comes nothing."
H.K.H. Kronprinsessens tale ved KVINFOs 8. marts fest i VEGA | Kongehuset - Forside

Tags
advisory and research center children, assitej, australia, crown princess mary, fellowship, international assitej, lokk, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages, prince christian, princess mary patron, school for 200 years, young people & grief