The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
RachelD's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My Home, United States
Posts: 697
I think Fred is in Denmark acting as regent while his mother, Queen Margareth, recuperates from hip (I think it's hip) surgery... Maybe Mary's visit was just to show friendship? To better communications or ties with Prague?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 193
Great pisctures those of Princess Mary visit to Prague! Prague is such a lovely place...a citty of real princess!! Frederick must be very proud of his wife! She looks beatifull in wich event, specially by nigth when she dresses in red!! Very, very pretty!! She irradiate happiness and sympathy!!I hope see more pictures of Mary with Frederick and the litle prince very soon!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by johann
{edited for consistency - Elspeth} My point was the following: This trip has a lot of similarities to the womens program during a state visit. But this is no state visit at all and Frederik is still in Denmark. So Im just wondering about the main theme or the reason for Marys stopover in Prague. In which capacity is she travelling to Prague? I really dont want to make a big thing of this - but maybe you can try and explain it in a more evidentiary way, fromEU?
{personal comment deleted - Elspeth} The visit is just a visit. A little culture visits here, a little Danish thit that there, meeting the presidents wife(not the president) and other things. The hype only comes from the outside What has Frederik do do with it? They work separately just like most couples and spend time for themselves in private like normal couples. That is how modern people are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
If the information they've based their opinon or comments on is false, then provide the correct information or direct them to the source of such information, but don't disregard their opinons.
No, it is 4. hand information, distorted every step, that is ended here and taken as fact. It really is a minor thing in this case, but it happens all the time on this and other boards and about all the RF's. And people do not question the members or the sources where they got it from. It is not my job to prove them wrong, but them to back up their statements
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,839
An article from today's Herald Sun

Mary Czechs it out
CROWN Princess Mary, Denmark's Australian-born royal, began a two-day visit to Prague yesterday, with her first stop a university hospital that benefits from an association with two Danish pharmaceutical companies.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...53-663,00.html
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
An article from today's Herald Sun

Mary Czechs it out
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...53-663,00.html


They couldn't come up with an even wittier title? Good grief.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
No, it is 4. hand information, distorted every step, that is ended here and taken as fact. It really is a minor thing in this case, but it happens all the time on this and other boards and about all the RF's. And people do not question the members or the sources where they got it from. It is not my job to prove them wrong, but them to back up their statements
Their statements were clearly their personal opinions. If you're going to dismiss those opinions as being based on incorrect information, then you do indeed need to back up your statements, and to do it without descending to the sort of off-hand rudeness I've just spent quite a long time deleting and generally cleaning up for the last several posts. Johann said twice in the thread that she didn't know the purpose of the visit, which is a far cry from taking anything as fact, correct or otherwise.

You say this is fourth-hand information - then please be considerate enough of the other posters to give a list of the four hands involved and explain why they're wrong - without treating everyone else like idiots, unless you want to have more of your posts deleted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 1,332
Some pics from visit on Czech page: http://aktualne.centrum.cz/veda-a-za...57&tro1164_3_3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-23-2006, 08:43 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
Have you ever read the original source for this? Or is it just hearsay from other boards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
No, it is 4. hand information, distorted every step, that is ended here and taken as fact. It really is a minor thing in this case, but it happens all the time on this and other boards and about all the RF's. And people do not question the members or the sources where they got it from. It is not my job to prove them wrong, but them to back up their statements
So what are you saying, no one can have personal opinions anymore? Last time I checked, we lived in a free world were people are free to have their own opinions and thoughts about things. As far as I'm aware, one doesn't need to quote sources for one's own opinions - nor are personal opinions counted as hearsay!

I didn't mean to make a bit thing of this either, but I was just wondering about the general purpose of the visit, that's all - so there's no need to attack me or any others who are expressing personal opinions here.

The schedule was quite a hotchpotch of different things, and as johann said quite similar to what a "ladies programme" would look like on a state visit... So I was merely wondering about the purpose of the trip, sort of reaching out to see what others had to say... I'm not dismissing either Mary or the trip. Just pondering.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,152
CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark, who is on her first official solo visit outside Denmark, has been greeted enthusiastically by Australians while on a stroll in Prague.

The tourists surrounded the princess and wanted to take photographs of her, causing her bodyguards to force their way through the crowd.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...431902438.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-23-2006, 10:00 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,777
That's great to hear the support for Princess Mary from the Australian community in Prague. Princess Mary has done a really good work in her role of the Crown Princess, and she is as a great representative for Australian culture in the country of Christian Andersen, that is a strength in the relation of Australia and Denmark.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Mathilde1286's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 607
Wow. Mary is doing a great job. It must be hard for her being away from Christian for the first time. Thanks everyone for the articles and wonderful pictures!!
__________________
"ONE" *Get involved and help with the fight against extreme poverty!!*

www.one.org
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by johann
Mary wants to learn more about Europe - fine. But I wonder how many European first ladies and gents are pleased to act as her tourist guide?
Somehow I dont understand the concept of this visit. But maybe its just me...
Hm, for me it's a two-sided thing: Mary gets to know Europe - as she's from Australia and didn't spent her youthful traveling times in and around Europe as most European teens and twens do, she must do it now. As she is already the Crown princess of denmark, she can't just go there and visit, there need to be an official part of her visit.

So she gets to know Prague and the Czech government gets a bit of public relations for free. Normally they invite journalists for trips like that and hope that they write about going there. With Mary they get public attention and the media for free... It's a good deal for both sides.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-23-2006, 03:02 PM
saphills's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ELP, United States
Posts: 257
I wonder which country will be the next for her solo trips with no good reason, just to get to know more about European countries (to be honest, I would like it too!) and make them officials so Danes would pay for them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills
I wonder which country will be the next for her solo trips with no good reason, just to get to know more about European countries (to be honest, I would like it too!) and make them officials so Danes would pay for them.
I hardly think she went to Prague for "no good reason" as you so bluntly put it. Why would you go to Prague for "no good reason"? If I'm taking a mindless vacation that has nothing to do with my royal duties and Denmark is footing the bill......I'm going to the Bahamas. Some place warm, sunny and not in Europe.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-23-2006, 03:12 PM
saphills's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ELP, United States
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I hardly think she went to Prague for "no good reason" as you so bluntly put it. Why would you go to Prague for "no good reason"? If I'm taking a mindless vacation that has nothing to do with my royal duties and Denmark is footing the bill......I'm going to the Bahamas. Some place warm, sunny and not in Europe.
well, Bahamas is a good choice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-24-2006, 04:18 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills
I wonder which country will be the next for her solo trips with no good reason, just to get to know more about European countries (to be honest, I would like it too!) and make them officials so Danes would pay for them.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-24-2006, 04:50 AM
madeleine victoria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cavite, Philippines
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I hardly think she went to Prague for "no good reason" as you so bluntly put it. Why would you go to Prague for "no good reason"? If I'm taking a mindless vacation that has nothing to do with my royal duties and Denmark is footing the bill......I'm going to the Bahamas. Some place warm, sunny and not in Europe.
Well is she goes to Bahamas, she might be criticized for spending mindless vacation while the Queen is recuperating from a surgery.. Whether Mary has "no good reason" for going to Prague, I think Denmark benefits from that. Imagine if your Crown Pss visits a neighboring country, she'll get more total exposure... Actually, I think she surpassed Maxima, Mathilde and MM on becoming an icon after all of them have been married..She's the most photograped CPss if I may say.. too much exposure frojm what I see..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
I'm certain there was a perfectly good explanation (not that one necessarily needs to be provided for critic utilization), however we are not always privy to the in's and out's of royal engagements and trips and why they were organized. Our need to know almost everything about royals often, I feel, gets to a point where an explanation 'has' to be provided for everything and I dont particularly think that to be very appropriate or fair.

Was there anything in the Danish press about the discussed 'relevance' of the trip or the cost it had to the Danish tax payer? I cant imagine it would have received any ill media. I fly out for Copenhagen this coming Thursday evening so shall see for myself.

Mary undertook an engagement in Prague that incorporated both Danish and Czech cultural interests...That's a good enough axplanation for me

This doesn't just go for Mary though, but all public working royals.

This post is in no way directed at any one person.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-24-2006, 08:42 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Was there anything in the Danish press about the discussed 'relevance' of the trip or the cost it had to the Danish tax payer? I cant imagine it would have received any ill media. I fly out for Copenhagen this coming Thursday evening so shall see for myself.

Mary undertook an engagement in Prague that incorporated both Danish and Czech cultural interests...That's a good enough axplanation for me .
This doesn't just go for Mary though, but all public working royals.
This post is in no way directed at any one person.
Hear hear Madame Royale

I haven't seen any negative discussions about Mary's visit.

I am always amazed to see so many concerns for 'the Danish taxpayer' on Internet boards - IMO most of the Danish taxpayers are quite well and understand perfectly that the costs of upholding the monarchy are peanuts compared to other things they are 'sponsoring' in DK - AND that the publicity gained outweighs the costs many times!

__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Mary undertook an engagement in Prague that incorporated both Danish and Czech cultural interests...That's a good enough axplanation for me
For me too.
Actually if I look at her itinerary I wonder why some people wonder what she was doing there.

Mary visited institutions and firms that are related to Denmark and the Czech Republic.
Isn't strenghtening bonds between countries one of the main tasks of the royals?

I also think that she actually must have been invited.
Otherwise the President's wife and the mayor would not have made so much fuss about her (and presenting her the key of the town) IMO.
The "Prague Autumn Festival" needs illustrous foreign guests as much as Mary may need to learn about European countries/cities.

Moreover I read somewhere that the Czech President and his wife will come to Denmark in the near future.
Not sure if this is true, though.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson, prague


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation (Launched September 11, 2007) MissSaga Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 511 09-11-2014 12:38 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Official Visit to Estonia; April 1-2, 2014 agnessa Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 35 04-11-2014 09:05 AM
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary Official Visit to Brazil; September 16-21, 2012 ricarda Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 81 10-05-2012 04:15 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Visit to Uganda; September 28-October 4, 2008 PrincessofEurope Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 167 11-03-2008 02:43 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: September 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 406 05-21-2006 09:00 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman picture of the month pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]