Crown Princess Mary's Official Visit to Prague: September 21-22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the dress's style/cut a bit similar to the one she wore for the Grand Dukes and Grand Duchess's silver wedding anniversary? The pleated fabric on the front of the dress....(I love both of these dresses!)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great trip..Mary looking fabulous in the last pictures with that beautiful color on her...she shines!:wub:

RachelD said:

The Orange dress is by Hugo Boss while the Beige pleated dress is by Prada.

I also love both of these dresses! Mary looks so beautiful, elegant and classy!!! :wub: Well done......Mary!

Many thanks to the Crown Princess Mary of Denmark Message Board for the above information.

Last edited:
I love the orange dress!! It suits her complexion very well
The beige suit she wore during the day is also very nice, but IMO, the cut of the jacket could be a little better. Overall very elegant
Thanks for the pictures!! :flowers:

Forget the dress....how about those shoes! LOVE THEM. Are they gold, beige, whats the color?

I like her color's dress.It's too elegant

Mathilde1286 said:
Wow! Isn't this Mary's first visit abroad?

Mary visited Latvia last year, Mathilde :flowers: I'm not sure if that was an official visit however.

Zonk said:
Forget the dress....how about those shoes! LOVE THEM. Are they gold, beige, whats the color?

I'm not sure Zonk. I think they are beige but shimmer which gives a gold appearance.

Again, I cant be certain :flowers:

I don't know but I don't like the cut of Mary's outfit. I think with this orange dress, she lose her shape. I particularly don't like the neckline. Her daytime outfit was ok. I love the color and the texture but not the jacket.. It's quite "granny" to me too..;)

Madame Royale said:
Mary visited Latvia last year, Mathilde :flowers: I'm not sure if that was an official visit however.
The visit to Latvia last August was to participate in a celebration for the Danish Cultural Institute in Riga, as far as I remember.

UserDane said:
The visit to Latvia last August was to participate in a celebration for the Danish Cultural Institute in Riga, as far as I remember.

Thank you UserDane :flowers:

So I'm assuming the visit was not an official one, but rather a 'day time engagement' so to speak.

Alisa said:
I've always like the suit, it fits her quite nicely. That being said, it's disappointing that she's wearing an old and well-worn suit for this visit. She should've worn something new and special for an official visit abroad.

The poor girl can't win. If she wore something new she'd be criticised for being a fashion-plate!

johann said:
Princess Mary attends the concert of the Danish National Symphony Orchestra at the Rudolfinum tonight.

Fabulous, stunning, perfect. She gets a 10/10 from me on this outfit. I really like this color on her and her hair looks great. If only I could get mine to behave like that! :lol:

http://www.hugoboss.com/ You can see very well the dress in this link, it's beautiful. I'am glad Crown Princess Mary chose this tarde mark because if we want to copy her we can :)))

she looks so good. in the suit and in the dress. the dress has a beautiful colour. perfect.

Mary visited a Danish bakery in the morning of Day Two

I like her jacket!!

(Polfoto)

I like this outfit muh better then the first one! She looks very elegant in black and white! I really like her skirt and the jacket! :)

Much better than her 1st day outfit.. I like the jacket with ribbon on it..

Article from Hellomagazine.com:

MARY GOES SOLO FOR VISIT TO PRAGUE

Princess Mary of Denmark began her first solo official foreign visit on Thursday, but no doubt felt close to her adopted homeland during her stay. The 34-year-old Aussie, who has up until now accompanied her husband Crown Prince Frederik in his duties, travelled to Prague where she attended a Danish concert and visited several of the Scandinavian country's businesses...

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2006/09/22/princess-mary/

the jacket an the skirt looks very good. i like it.
does anyone know why frederik isn't in prague?

sandra1 said:
the jacket an the skirt looks very good. i like it.

Because this was a solo visit made by the Crown Princess :)

I like her outfit today. Very elegant!

sandra1 said:

According to the court Mary needs to learn more about Europe. So we can assume Frederik knows every corner of Prague good enough not to go there anymore ;) Well, of course one has to speak of a certain laziness in connection with Frederik. In all fairness I must though add, that he is probably taking care of Christian (together with the nannyfolks)

Lena said:
According to the court Mary needs to learn more about Europe.
Mary wants to learn more about Europe - fine. But I wonder how many European first ladies and gents are pleased to act as her tourist guide?
Somehow I don’t understand the concept of this visit. But maybe it´s just me...

I really like her outfit! I never thought you could mix black and white with camel colored heels...well, now I have more options in my wardrobe!!! This is why I love to see how Mary dresses, not only does she have really nice clothes and wears nice colors but she gives me ideas of how to mix and match my own clothes. Anyone else do this? I can't wait to see what she wears on her visit to Russia...

johann said:
Mary wants to learn more about Europe - fine. But I wonder how many European first ladies and gents are pleased to act as her tourist guide?
Somehow I don’t understand the concept of this visit. But maybe it´s just me...
Then we're 2! :) If Mary wants to learn more about Europe, then she should really go on trips where she gets to know the local culture - not visiting a lot of things connected to her own country Denmark (the bakery, concert etc).

For me there's no clear point of this visit, they should make up their minds - either make it an official visit connected to promoting Danish export/culture/etc as we see many heirs do, or then make it a trip with a purpose to learn about the country in itself - and then it should be about gettign to know the local culture, business life, politics etc etc..

GrandDuchess said:
Then we're 2! :) If Mary wants to learn more about Europe, then she should really go on trips where she gets to know the local culture - not visiting a lot of things connected to her own country Denmark (the bakery, concert etc).

For me there's no clear point of this visit, they should make up their minds - either make it an official visit connected to promoting Danish export/culture/etc as we see many heirs do, or then make it a trip with a purpose to learn about the country in itself - and then it should be about gettign to know the local culture, business life, politics etc etc..

{rude retort deleted - Elspeth} Have you ever read the original source for this? Or is it just hearsay from other boards?

Whether you think it is allright or not. Here was some of the program:

21 September 2006

11.00 Visit to 3rd Department of Internal Medicine,
Charles University Faculty of Medicine, Karlovo náměstí,
Facility for treatment and prevention of osteoporosis and
diabetes, based on co-operation with Danish
pharmaceutical companies NYCOMED and Novo Nordisk.

14.00 Boat Trip on the River Vltava, hosted by Mrs. Livia
Klausová. Departure: in front of St. Francis Church.

16.30 Reception, Ambassador’s Residence, Kopernikova 10,
Prague 2

19.15 Arrival Rudolfinum, Ceremonial Entrance. The concert by
the Danish National Symphony Orchestra will start at

22 September 2006

09.30 Visit to the Danish Bakery, Bilkova 8/6

10.00 Old Town Hall, meeting with Mr. Pavel Bém, Lord Mayor of
Prague, Staroměstské náměstí 1, Prague 1

11.00 Visit to B&O store, Pařižská, Prague 1

11.45 Visit to Strahov Monastery Basilica and Library

12.40 Visit to Prague Castle, lunch hosted by the wife of the
President of the Czech Republic, Livia Klausová.

On the website is was only mentioned as a short visit to Prague. The rest is just what some press wants to maken out of it, good or bad.

fromEU said:
{edited for consistency - Elspeth}Have you ever read the original source for this? Or is it just hearsay from other boards?

{edited for consistency - Elspeth} Whether the information is legitimate or not, two members (johann and GrandDuchess) still expressed a personal opinon.

If the information they've based their opinon or comments on is false, then provide the correct information or direct them to the source of such information, but don't disregard their opinons.

{edited for consistency - Elspeth} My point was the following: This trip has a lot of similarities to the women’s program during a state visit. But this is no state visit at all and Frederik is still in Denmark. So I´m just wondering about the main theme or the reason for Mary´s stopover in Prague. In which capacity is she travelling to Prague? I really don’t want to make a big thing of this - but maybe you can try and explain it in a more evidentiary way, fromEU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom