Crown Princess Mary's Official Visit to Estonia: April 1-2, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mary looks really great and happy..but most important..a very important topic..i know they also use the fri for mobberi in my littlesister's sfo..i often tell her who is behind the fri for mobberi :D thank you all for the information and many great photos from both days..

mary looks really great and happy..but most important..a very important topic..i know they also use the fri for mobberi in my littlesister's sfo..i often tell her who is behind the fri for mobberi :D thank you all for the information and many great photos from both days..

thank you also for the pictures and information about the relationship between Denmark and Estonia. I have been lucky enough to visit Tallinn and only hope that the Crown Princess had some free time to shop in the glorious old city centre. I was deeply impressed by the very high level of creativity demonstrated by Tallinn's artisans; I understand that Finns visit the city to learn from the expertise demonstrated by Estonian craftspeople. The food there is great too! :flowers:

A quite large gallery from the visit at Kadrioru Saksa Gümnaasium:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109935394248242269261/TaaniKroonprintsessMary#

B.T. has today an interview with Mary in connection with a 20-page section with a guide to 'how to strengthen your child's self-esteem'. I assume Mary is a part of this section because the 'Free of Bullying' is a good way to strengthening children.

B.T's frontpage: http://epaper.infomedia.dk/teaser/bta/20140403

ADDED:

This also confirms that Mary's work is taken seriously and is recognized. Yesterday evening, I saw the tv-news where our Minister of Education was interviewed at her office. In the background I noticed a Free Of Bullying suitcase and a Read-Play book, which also is an initiative from the Mary Foundation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #15, 2014.
Written by our man in Talinn, the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Apart from cementing Danish-Estonian relations it was also a kind of fact-finding and review visit on behalf of the Mary Foundation, learning about how Free From Bullying had been implemented in Estonia and how Estonia had adapted and developed their version of the programme.

We know by now what went on, so let's go to what Mary had to say in that regard afterwards: "I've had a very positive impression of Estonia. We have been very positively recieved and it's an exciting schedule.
The primary focus has been to look at Free From Bullying and to see how they work with the project here in Estonia. I'm so incredibly pleased to see that we can totally recognise Free From Bullying (*) as we know from home in Denmark.
They have worked enormously professional and been skillful at changing it and owning it. (Make it their own). It has been lovely to see the way the children have embraced it and experience them talk about the project in a dedicated way. It's ahuge joy for me that their results are similar to the positive results we know from Denmark. Results which show that it's beneficial for the chidlren to work with the tools which is contained in Free From Bullying and which focus on creating an environment in which children can thrive".

Has she learned anything?
"We can be inspired too and I must say that yesterday I was very thrilled about hearing about their work in engaging the parents into the project and what you do to tell and extend the work done in the kindergarten. That means that the parents take the anit-bullying work with them home as well.
This we will have a closer look at and see whether that might also be brought back to Denmark and used there.
It can be an extension of the Free From Bullying project, as we already know it.
We must keep in mind that the idea of Free From Bullying is originally inspired by an Australian project, but we have adopted and adapted it to our culture and our language and school system.
It's a really nice feeling to help spreading a programme that has had such an effect and can benefit even more children.
We have met great interest from different countries and Estonia was one of the first countries on the mark, just as soon as they heard about the project at a conference back in 2007.
The co operation with Estonia and the experiences we have made here are important for the Mary Foundation, when we are to spread our projects to other countries.
There is an ongoing test of the progamme taking place in Iceland and then there are other countries as well, we are working on reaching".

- It's difficult to make predictions, especially about what takes place in the future, but I wonder if this will eventually turn out to be Mary's biggest national and perhaps regional legacy? Providing and promoting a tool that will greatly reduce bullying at schools. Surely school has been a hell for so many children over the past generations, so if that number could be reduced significanly, that wouldn't be the worst legacy at all.

We have already dealt with the legend of Dannebrog in this thread and the close relations between DK and Estonia, so briefly:
Mary gave a speech at the King's Garden, and spoke Estonian briefly, which was applauded by Estonian onlookers. Especially since the political situation in Ukraine makes the ethnic Estonians, Lithuanians and Latvians a bit nervous. Not that I personally think there will be trouble there, but still.

(*) It isn't for anything that Mary has a background in advertizing, I have over the years noticed how Mary invariably and repeatedly mentions the name of the project or organisation she is involved with, rather than just referring to it. I.e. help hammering it into the memory of people listening or reading. No coincidence I'm sure.

Last edited:
As always thanks Muhler for your translation.

I think the Estonians would have appreciated that Mary made the effort to learn a little of their language to be able to at least say a few words.

Back
Top Bottom