The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-17-2004, 03:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

Can anyone give us some info about Mary's ladies in waiting?? Who are they and what do they do? Where do they live, etc?

:flower:
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2004, 05:09 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 76
I have just been watching wedding reception again to find out ( I thought they had mentioned something about a new lady in waiting being appointed ) And yes I have a name: Victoria Lensgrevinde Bernstorff-Gyldensteen (Lensgrevinde = Fief Countess) She was born an american and is 53 years old, and that is all the information I have on her.
HRH The Crown Prince's homepage hasn't been updated with any information about the new court yet, and HRH The Crown Princess' hompage hasn't been launched yet.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 17th, 2004 - 5:09 am
I have just been watching wedding reception again to find out ( I thought they had mentioned something about a new lady in waiting being appointed ) And yes I have a name: Victoria Lensgrevinde Bernstorff-Gyldensteen (Lensgrevinde = Fief Countess) She was born an american and is 53 years old, and that is all the information I have on her.
HRH The Crown Prince's homepage hasn't been updated with any information about the new court yet, and HRH The Crown Princess' hompage hasn't been launched yet.
I think it was either the Scandinavian or Glittering Royals MB I read that if you look at the pictures of Frederik and Mary's wedding, during the dance, Gyldensteen is the woman in a soft pink outfit with the small tiara in her hair.

I am curious to know why it is that these young Princesses don't have younger ladies in waiting, closer to their own age? Maxima seems to have an older, motherly-figure as her lady in waiting as well. Is it the experience and wisdom that is coveted in these older woman as ladies in waiting rather than younger women?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2004, 09:40 AM
samitude's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: , United States
Posts: 747
It probably is the experience and wisdom, but also they are probably assigned one by the Queen. In that case they can't do anything about the age of their lady-in-waiting.
__________________
Sylvia M.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,045
I don't think the Queen would appoint anyone that Mary wouldn't like. I also think it makes much more sense to have more older and experienced people rather than someone Mary's age.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 33
I too think it must have something to do with experience, but I also agree with Bubbette that HM Queen Margrethe wouldn't appoint someone CP Mary didn't like.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 76
On Danish television (I think it was DR1) they said it had something to do with the fact that Victoria Lensgrevinde Bernstorff-Gyldensteen knows what it takes for an Englishspeaking person to learn Danish. Apparently her Danish is particulary good for an Anglophone. And she would be a great help for the Crown Princess.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 17th, 2004 - 4:04 pm
On Danish television (I think it was DR1) they said it had something to do with the fact that Victoria Lensgrevinde Bernstorff-Gyldensteen knows what it takes for an Englishspeaking person to learn Danish. Apparently her Danish is particulary good for an Anglophone. And she would be a great help for the Crown Princess.
Yes, it certainly seems that she was. A wise move by Margrethe once again.
__________________
WYAO
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 17th, 2004 - 5:09 am
I have just been watching wedding reception again to find out ( I thought they had mentioned something about a new lady in waiting being appointed ) And yes I have a name: Victoria Lensgrevinde Bernstorff-Gyldensteen (Lensgrevinde = Fief Countess) She was born an american and is 53 years old, and that is all the information I have on her.
HRH The Crown Prince's homepage hasn't been updated with any information about the new court yet, and HRH The Crown Princess' hompage hasn't been launched yet.
I have never heard of this lady, who is she, does anyone know?

Have taped the whole wedding, when did they mention her? I would like to see what she looks like.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2004, 08:14 PM
SpiffyBallerina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 531
Okay, couple of questions:
1. How many ladies in waiting does QMII have? Do princesses have the same number?
2. What exactly do ladies in waiting DO????
~Kathleen
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally posted by Topsy-Turvy@May 17th, 2004 - 7:36 pm
Have taped the whole wedding, when did they mention her? I would like to see what she looks like.
According to what I read on the Glittering Royals or Scandinavian MB, this is what Mary's lady-in-waiting looks like: Source: Klaus Moller

She is the lady in the light pink outfit, the first lady to the far left side of the picture (closest to Frederik) next to the lady in the blue dress.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
1. How many ladies in waiting does QMII have? Do princesses have the same number?
I am not sure how many Queen Margethe has, but Princess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary have one each. Usually princesses have only one.

Quote:
2. What exactly do ladies in waiting DO????
They are almost like a personal assistant. They usually accompany princesses on official duties and engagements. They help them for example to remember people's names, who they are meeting, they make sure the princess's personal needs are taken care of..etc :flower:
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisa@May 17th, 2004 - 9:08 pm
Quote:
2. What exactly do ladies in waiting DO????
They are almost like a personal assistant. They usually accompany princesses on official duties and engagements. They help them for example to remember people's names, who they are meeting, they make sure the princess's personal needs are taken care of..etc :flower:
I think it's sort of like a personal assistant but a nicer way of putting it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria+May 17th, 2004 - 9:06 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 17th, 2004 - 9:06 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Topsy&#045;Turvy@May 17th, 2004 - 7:36 pm
Have taped the whole wedding, when did they mention her? I would like to see what she looks like.
According to what I read on the Glittering Royals or Scandinavian MB, this is what Mary&#39;s lady-in-waiting looks like: Source: Klaus Moller

She is the lady in the light pink outfit, the first lady to the far left side of the picture (closest to Frederik) next to the lady in the blue dress. [/b][/quote]
Thank you very much Alexandria, you are right I found her on the tape, and it&#39;s her allright.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisa@May 17th, 2004 - 8:08 pm
Quote:
1. How many ladies in waiting does QMII have? Do princesses have the same number?
I am not sure how many Queen Margethe has, but Princess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary have one each. Usually princesses have only one.
I don&#39;t remember where I read it, but the lady in waiting that has been identified is the "chief" lady in waiting, which seems to indicate that there is more than one.

Does anyone know anything about QM&#39;s or Alex&#39;s ladies in waiting??

I think Victoria Lensgrevinde Bernstorff-Gyldensteen is an excellent choice. Don&#39;t really know the woman :P but she seems like a motherly figure, and I think Mary would like something like that once in a while (I mean apart from the support of Fred, his family, her new friends there, Mary doesn&#39;t really have anyone... well her dad whilst he is in Denmark). And with her help if Mary becomes extremely fluent in Danish, then that is a huuuuge help too&#33;
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 76
I found a list of HM the Queen&#39;s Ladies in waiting, they are as follows
Hofdame, kammerdame, komtesse Wava K. Armfelt
Hofdame, fru Marianne Boel
Hofdame, fru Ane Vibeke Foss
Hofdame, kammerherreinde Camilla Castenskiold
Hofdame, oberstinde Annette de Scheel
(Hofdame simply means Lady in waiting). (Oberstinde means that she is married to a colonel) (Kammerherreinde means that she is married to a Chamberlain)

HRH Princess Alexandra has one Lady in waiting: Hofdame for H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, Fr. Christine Lyng ( she was the beautiful blonde in the light blue dress )

HRH Princess Benedikte has one Lady in waiting: Countess Karin of Rosenborg.

The info can be found at www.kongehuset.dk under organisation, Hofstaterne, Hoffets medarbejdere.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2004, 06:17 PM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,681
I am glad to hear that HRH has a great lady in waiting to help her out. Interesting to know that she was born an American... It is nice to know that she can teach HRH the ropes of Danish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 18th, 2004 - 6:10 pm
I found a list of HM the Queen&#39;s Ladies in waiting, they are as follows
Hofdame, kammerdame, komtesse Wava K. Armfelt
Hofdame, fru Marianne Boel
Hofdame, fru Ane Vibeke Foss
Hofdame, kammerherreinde Camilla Castenskiold
Hofdame, oberstinde Annette de Scheel
(Hofdame simply means Lady in waiting). (Oberstinde means that she is married to a colonel) (Kammerherreinde means that she is married to a Chamberlain)

HRH Princess Alexandra has one Lady in waiting: Hofdame for H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, Fr. Christine Lyng ( she was the beautiful blonde in the light blue dress )

HRH Princess Benedikte has one Lady in waiting: Countess Karin of Rosenborg.

The info can be found at www.kongehuset.dk under organisation, Hofstaterne, Hoffets medarbejdere.
Fru Ane Vibeke Foss has just been appointed, at least that&#39;s what they said during the transmission of the wedding. Apparently she is a long time friend of HM the Queen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 PM
SpiffyBallerina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 531
Are there any pics of the ladies in waiting? I kinda want to see who exactly we&#39;re talking about since I&#39;m so completely stupid about this subject&#33; :P
~Kathleen
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-19-2004, 03:33 AM
royal_sophietje's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Belgium
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 18th, 2004 - 11:10 pm
Hofdame, oberstinde Annette de Scheel
That&#39;s sounds like a Dutch name to me.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Courtiers, Ladies in Waiting, Staff, etc Lord Sosnowitz Royal Ceremony and Protocol 104 08-03-2014 01:43 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Skin Care and Beauty Regime sgl Royal Style File 105 12-29-2013 04:22 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 - tiff_tiff_tiff2000 Royal House of Fashion 1546 01-08-2011 03:20 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 4: May - September 2009 dazzling Archives 398 09-23-2009 07:53 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]