Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BurberryBrit said:
Pardon my ignorance, but why does Caroline wear a tiara? Is she titled? Also, on what occasions is she allowed to wear it? (is there protocol for this?)

To my knowledge, if you have one, you can wear it. You don't have to be titled necessarily, to wear one. And as Henri pointed out, it's in her family, so she's entitled to use it. I would assume she'd wear it at any function that tiaras are mandated, like New Year's Court.

Anyone can wear a diademe

Sister Morphine said:
To my knowledge, if you have one, you can wear it. You don't have to be titled necessarily, to wear one. And as Henri pointed out, it's in her family, so she's entitled to use it. I would assume she'd wear it at any function that tiaras are mandated, like New Year's Court.

Indeed: there are no restrictions in wearing diademes. You do not need to be noble or royal to wear one. Caroline is of noble descendance however:

Caroline Heering's mother is Lady Helle Moltke, Countess of Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede.

Indeed: there are no restrictions in wearing diademes. You do not need to be noble or royal to wear one. Caroline is of noble descendance however:

Caroline Heering's mother is Lady Helle Moltke, Countess of Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede.

Caroline is not a descendent of the Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede family. She is a step-child of the late Count (Helle's second husband) and half-sister of the current Count.

Pardon my ignorance, but why does Caroline wear a tiara? Is she titled? Also, on what occasions is she allowed to wear it? (is there protocol for this?)

The tiara Caroline is wearing is not from her own family but from her in-laws - the Heerings. The tiara was bought by the grandfather of Caroline's husband Peter Heering jr and was used in many years by Peter's mother Susanne Heering - one of the closest friends of Queen Margrethe II. It is now on loan to Caroline so she can wear it as lady-in-waiting for the crownprincess...

:flowers:

Where is Caroline now? Mary has attend the fashion show without her!!!

I would like to clear up the lapel monogram. The M stands for Mary. Alexandra's lady in waiting had an A for Alexandra when she was a princess. M does not stand for Denmark.

If its ok, I would like to increase the number of pictures of Caroline posted here. So, when she attends an egagement with CP Mary, a few good pictures of Caroline are posted here.

I think that even if she is Mary lady in waiting she is also a very good friend of Mary, in my opinion is a good thing to have a friend working with us!

Mary will have a new lady in waiting Oct 23 Tanja Elise Kjaersgaard Doky and Caroline Heering will be a private secretary/lady in waiting nov 1
all the best Mitchell

Last edited:
Mary will have a new lady in waiting Oct 23 Tanja Elise Kjaersgaard Doky and Caroline Heering will be a private secretary/lady in waiting nov 1
all the best Mitchell

Thanks for the info. may I ask, where did you read that? do you know anything about Elise?Does she work already for Mary or for the royal house?
Btw, every how long does Mary get a new lady in waiting?

It has been posted in the official website of the crown prince couple.

I have strange question - why Mary must change her lady-in-waiting? Is there a contract or something else?

I think the Lady-in-waiting position is for 2 years only.

Stellad

The new LIW Tanja is the wife of jazz musician Chris Doky

I was wondering why LIW job period is only 2 years. It's so short but on the other hand LIW job seems to be quite tiring (honurable too!) and LIW must plan her life in view of Mary's schedule. Anyway it's very exciting to see new LIW of Mary!

I'll miss seeing Caroline so much though!

I have strange question - why Mary must change her lady-in-waiting? Is there a contract or something else?

Maybe Caroline and Peter Heering planning/expecting a new baby?
That would be a very nice reason for a L-I-W :)

my understanding on CP's site is that Caroline Heering will be Private secretary/LIW from Nov 1st. So she will still be around.

i hope caroline still attends at least some events with mary! it's always adorable to see her.

what do we know about tanja elise? i never heard her name before (when caroline was announced as the LIW she was already known as one of mary's best friends...). i would have expected other ladies in a similar position to caroline as the new LIW, helle reedtz, julie molsgaard or brigitte handwerp.

Last edited:
The new LIW Tanja is the wife of jazz musician Chris Doky

She is quite young. Her husband Chris is a good friend of Frederik & joachim, the couple attended Isabella's chrestining:)I read on another forum that she lived in New York for some years before moving back to Denmark.

Man, time flies. I didn't realize that the LIW position was only for 2 years. But I still can not believe that it has already been 2 years that Caroline has been Mary's LIW. It's very nice that Caroline will become Mary's private secretary and not just be let go.

I think Caroline will also be very busy as a board of trustee for the Mary Foundation so I'm sure we will still be seeing her around with all her different responsibilities as private secretary/lady-in-waiting/trustee of Mary Foundation.

-Ayvee

I agree with Ayvee. She is on the board of Trustees which is a lot of work. She is also her secretary and will occasionally fill in still as lady in waiting. Plus she has a young family too. So she has plenty on her plate!

Has Crownprincess Mary already had a private secretary before Caroline Heering? And if the answer is "yes" - what happend to the former private secretary? And if the answer is "no" - is it possible in the Danish Royal Family to create a new "job-position" without the agreement of the parliament?

Man, time flies. I didn't realize that the LIW position was only for 2 years. But I still can not believe that it has already been 2 years that Caroline has been Mary's LIW. It's very nice that Caroline will become Mary's private secretary and not just be let go.

agree. i hope to see caroline many times :)

Back
Top Bottom