Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes Caroline Heering now works in the Mary Foundation's Board :flowers:

Looking forward to see who will take over (and congratulate on the highly successful future job). The Royal Court informs that the termination is a natural career move for the 42-year-old future communication chief.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ricarda.

A professional.
A logic choice as private secretary I'd say, considering the higher profile M&F has now and not least the semi-political role Mary has in several of the issues she takes on.
That means the new secretary will be better suited to advise Mary (as well as accompanying her) than Tanja Doky could.

Last edited:
I think they did a good choice for her new lady in waiting, I agree Muhler they did need someone with such a background giving the events Mary has taken and the more busy schedule. I will be honest, I will miss seeing Tanja though. I did like how she use to always be discreet behind Mary at events.

Thanks, Ricarda.

A professional.
A logic choice as private secretary I'd say, considering the higher profile M&F has now and not least the semi-political role Mary has in several of the issues she takes on.
That means the new secretary will be better suited to advise Mary (as well as well accompanying her) than Tanja Doky could.

Indeed. The CP couple have high profiles now and she seems like a obvious choice with good experience. I look forward to see her on her first event with Mary on June 8th.

BT has pictures of Christine:

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/897/8/620x411-c/8897793-christine-pii-hansen.jpg
Se billederne: Her er Marys nye hofdame - Royale | www.bt.dk

I think they did a good choice for her new lady in waiting, I agree Muhler they did need someone with such a background giving the events Mary has taken and the more busy schedule. I will be honest, I will miss seeing Tanja though. I did like how she use to always be discreet behind Mary at events.

Yes, Tanja has done well all her seven years and Mary and Tanja look as a great team. But as close friends we will still see Tanja around at the private events.

While we're at it, let's have a lovely picture of Mary and Tanja from their recent event last week :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1439633452_f7d75ed863891123bd20112c22e39896

Last edited:
wow Christine looks very pretty too! is she married ? have children? I think this is a very demanding job so when you have kids nd a husband it make it more difficult

Thanks, Ricarda.

A professional.
That means the new secretary will be better suited to advise Mary (as well as well accompanying her) than Tanja Doky could.

you are right. Christine's background should work well with Mary's increase role. Her and Frederik, every year are getting more busy and more important issues.

While we're at it, let's have a lovely picture of Mary and Tanja from their recent event last week :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1439633452_f7d75ed863891123bd20112c22e39896

That is a lovely pic of Tanja and Mary.
Im sure we'll see her around. I think their kids are friends too (well at least they went to a concert together :flowers:)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/tidligere-hofdame-tilbage-paa-amalienborg-er-flyttet-sammen-med-chefen

Do you remember Tanja Doky? Mary's former LiV?

She's back at Amalienborg. Not as LiV for Mary, instead she has moved in with M&F's Chief of Court Christian Schønau, in his home at the Amalienborg complex.
- Amalienborg does not only consist of the four mansions, but also the administration, located in the socalled Yellow Mansion, as well as an additional number of apartment blocks, which are mainly reserved for members (also retired members) of the court, down to the cleaners. Who live there at a very affordable rent, considering the location.

When Tanja Doky left as LiV for Mary back in 2015, it was officially because she had left for a job at Mærsk, but the rumors among the press was the she and Christian Schønau were more than just co-workers...
Tanja Doky had separated from her then husband, Chris Minh Doky in 2014.
Tanja Doky has since then lived literally around the corner from Amalienborg, in Store Kongensgade.

- Right, we can of course speculate whether Tanja Doky left her husband because of her relationship with Christian Schønau or whether she developed her relationship with Christian Schønau because of the divorce.
But a LiV's private life must never become the story. A LiV remains in the background.
And royals and not least their staff are, and perhaps also has to be, more conservative than the society in general in many ways. And a Chief of Court and a LiW having a relationship is perhaps a little too juicy story?

Scandalous!

Tanja is simply gorgeous. I must admit they do make a good looking couple.

Interesting, thank you Muhler!

If a lady-in-waiting is supposed to remain in the background, then it's also better they don't belong to Frederik& Mary's intimate circle of friends I guess. Caroline Heering & Tanja Doky (as good as they were!) did get a lot more press attention than Christine Pii Hansen or countess Victoria with-the-difficult-name ;-)

Yeah, but there are also huge advantages to having a close friend as a LiW. Even among today's generation of "alpha-female royals", many of them - Mary, Letizia, Kate - have married into a royal family. Rather than being born and groomed for the role, like Victoria.
So it makes good sense to have as the closest working-assistant, a close friend. After all a LiW has a very intimate knowledge about the royal in question. - Like knowing that it's time for a restroom-break, now(!), because the royal has her period. Who can go and buy/order certain products which the royal can't buy herself without half the press writing about it the next day.
And being new to the job a LiW is also a personal confidante on the job in another way than an adjutant who rotate, or go to another posting in a few years or who has a loyalty issue, since adjutants at least in DK belong to a staff of adjutants under the monarch.

It's actually pretty unfair to the males who are going to marry into the royal families within the next twenty years or so. They don't have a GiW - a gentleman-in-waiting. ;)

But people fall in love in their workplace all the time, after all many of us spend more time with our co-workers than our spouses. So there must be centuries old procedures for handling such cases in the royal families. And in DRF it seems to be: Be discreet, resign as LiW and wait a couple of years.

After all a LiW has a very intimate knowledge about the royal in question. - Like knowing that it's time for a restroom-break, now(!), because the royal has her period. Who can go and buy/order certain products which the royal can't buy herself without half the press writing about it the next day.

i always wondered what the poor royals do to sneak out to the bathrooms with those chock-a-block agendas they have whilst on duty and the millions of people who want to talk to them. i guess the LIW is handy in that respect as she can utter whatever code they have amongst them to whisk said royal out of action discretely.

i guess the places royals visit also make a bathroom available for their private use on the day so that they can go to the toilet without the masses. ?

i always wondered what the poor royals do to sneak out to the bathrooms with those chock-a-block agendas they have whilst on duty and the millions of people who want to talk to them. i guess the LIW is handy in that respect as she can utter whatever code they have amongst them to whisk said royal out of action discretely.

i guess the places royals visit also make a bathroom available for their private use on the day so that they can go to the toilet without the masses. ?

Absolutely.
That is such an old and established practice that it seems likely that it has been arranged carefully beforehand.

A bathroom is reserved for the royal. Especially the ladies, and not least if they have been outside.
Not just for a little tinkle but also very much to refresh the make-up, take care of the hair, for a change of clothes, to mend clothes (the classic being a strap in a gown hanging by a thread!) to get a discreet briefing, to disinfect the hands after many handshakes, a quick phone call home to one of the kids, and so on and so on. - And perhaps from time to time, to let off some steam - when someone has been particularly boorish. :bang:?

Back
Top Bottom